Ebay has new GN Sheetmetal Valve Covers for $120?

I am still trying to figure out the hell you are going to do with the driver side engine harness that mounts to the valve cover. Obviously you cant let it hang because then you are asking for a fire.
let us know!
thanks
Ralph

Probably the same thing TA valve cover users have done for years. Secure the harness to something else. Or weld a tab or 2 to these.

Looks pretty snazzy there Dr. Booster. Slap em on the car, tell us how much room you don't have by the heater box, and take some underhood pictures!

please!

Bad news, they are too tall.

I have removed the shield that protects the heater box for my 3.5" THDP and this thing still will not get past the last two rocker arms. Let alone the heater lines are causing problems.

So, its now back to the drawing board. I will email him and have him make them an inch smaller. There was no way someone fitted this on for him. I am not a lame brain or gave up early, this will not fit with the heater box and I have an extra 1" due to the shield being gone.

Here is a pic of the two next to each other. Notice how the stocker is not truely flat due to there being a lip on it and the gasket still in it. The aluminum covers are flat on the bottom and are probably atleast 2 inches taller.

I will get back to you all after I get the new ones.

Dammit, I have to polish these all over again.:mad: :mad:

Attachments

• gn valve cover comparison stock vs aluminum smaller.jpg
    gn valve cover comparison stock vs aluminum smaller.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 494
Why is it saying I don't have permission to access those links to pics? I am logged on and never had any head butting with anyone to have any mods disable my account.:confused:

Well, this is the part that sucks, he has yet to reply to me on this issue.

So, they are up for sale. I have no use for them and if he comes around and makes them smaller, I will just buy them again from him and start this all over again.

I have $150 in these with the shipping and polishing.
I would like to get $140 shipped for them as they are really nice.

By the way, the bolts fit into the holes for a nice flat look. They did not hang above the covers, he made the bolt holes recessed so that the head would fit in the cover.

To bad they do not fit!!!!!!:mad: :mad:

What really sucks is he was going to make me some GTO covers. And the Ponti guys are getting burned $275 a set with a $175 polishing fee. :eek: :eek: :eek:
I talked to Bob about making those for $150 and my polishing guy was going to do a deal around $60 bucks.

Oh well, being the gineau sure does have its benefits. :rolleyes:

Update

Covers are sold

Bob got back to me and we are hopefully going have a resolution to this valve cover issue shortly.

An inch should solve this problem so hopefully I can have an update with better news in a couple of weeks.

Sounds like you are trying to install them on the car? Will they fit on the motor first then on the car?

The set I have is angled back for the heater box.

they would not fit around the heater box, and no they are sold, as i understand it.where did you get yours?

These covers will only work with the heater box delete.
Its possible that you could install them on the motor first ( out of the car ) and they would just fit, but there is now way to get them past the last two rockers with the heater box and heater lines on the car.

The new sets design should be here in the next few weeks. They will be at least an inch smaller than the set I have now and should clear the heater box during the install and still be taller than the stock ones.

I just ordered a short set (2.25" tall) for a set of TA heads. Now people are gonna be scared to race because it is gonna look too fast. Something about a set of fabbed valve covers that screams race car. Oh well... :D

stu, let me know how it works out, i wanna get a set, but i wanna make sure they fit on the passenger side with all the a/c stuff.

PS are you going to the clash ??

Pacemaker, Probably, but I am not running.

Mind you, the set I am getting is for the TA heads which have a very tall gasket rail. At full lift I will have about about .25" clearance + the thickness of the gasket. This will be .75" shorter than iron heads with TA "turbo 6" valve covers, so they should fit.

This guy will make any height cover you want apparently.

gimmie a call 361-765-3860

i have some questions for ya, and will be at the Clash as well

Disco Stu, I talked to Bob and it looks as if our covers are going to be clones of each other.

Hope they show up soon, these sure did look nice polished. :cool: