Earl brown cover info

is someone I've never sold to trashing me in the feedback section?

It's kinda funny how a cover with my name on it THAT'S NEVER BEEN RAN is causing all this drama.

I guess it's a good thing I have a real life in real life :)

If u would have contacted me
Most of this would not be posted !
Weather it was bad parts or assembly
The fact of the matter is the gears are bent . plain and simple

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Most?

Are you under the impression that I manufactured those gear? If so I would have been around 12 years old. Now lets address your "bend plain and simple" BS... First off a bent shaft WILL not spin in a NOS unworn bore, PERIOD (not the presidential kind) Second, it's impossible to 'bend' the gear.. have you looked at it? it's a freakin square block of steel.
but just for grins, lets say it is "bent" (whateverthehell that means).. When I set my end play up, I measure it in 1/2 of 1/10,000th of an inch. Curious how big that is? Pluck a hair out of your forearm... then slice it longways into FORTY even slices. One of those is half a tenth. With the clearances I work with, if it's bent, YOU CAN'T MEASURE IT BY HOLDING IT IN YOUR HANDS AND TAKING A PICTURE OF IT. PLAIN AND SIMPLE.

Now I realize in polite society it's considered rude to answer a question with a question.... but I'm going to leave you with this one..

Why would I call you? You haven't bought a cover from me.... You haven't bought an engine with my cover on it... and you haven't had a legitimate question about anything that I have built. PERIOD.

If you have a problem with an ENGINE, you call the ENGINE BUILDER. The the engine builder takes care of the customer and deals with any parts problem while the customer is riding.
If Nelson Racing builds me an enigne and it blows up, I don't run here and start asking for the home phone number of the guy that owns Carillo. I CALL THE BUILDER FIRST.

It's EXTREMELY well known that is a person has a crate motor built and that person has a problem the FIRST thing to do is to call the builder. The reason anybody with ANY sense calls the builder FIRST is to give that person the chance to make it right or put the owners mind at ease. (you are neither of those people BTW). If the builder doesn't come to the plate THEN you consider going to the next step. (for the record in case you missed it, Dave said he would make it right)

Now I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt here and assUme that everything you posted here is 100% the truth (and I'm going to ignore your track record with having a problem with EVERY vendor you've ever bought from in the past (as posted by you on this very board))

First you indicated you had a bad feeling about this motor.... Now what jumps out at me is that you said you didn't prime the engine as Dave was the last person to work on it. The first red flag on your field is that you, as the engine installer, were instructed to prime it before installing it. (a normal request, wouldn't you agree?)

So you're so bad ass at engines you can look at a dormant assembly sitting on a stand and tell if it's good or not? That is badass, and I am one of the most competent, engine builders (not assemblers), machinists, troubleshooters and designers I've ever met. There's no way in the cornbread hell I can look at an unfired engine on the stand and tell if it's good or not. In my incompetent dumbass eyes EVERY unfired engine I look at is a core until it proves itself (but what do I know?). ESP if it's a turbo Buick engine.

Second, you took an unfired crate engine that was guaranteed by someone else (that DIDN'T belong to you) and started tearing it apart. If it was ANY builder other than Dave you would have almost DAMN SURE voided any warranty whatsoever thereby doing your customer a SEVERE disservice. Luckily for whoever owns the engine Dave hasn't washed his hands of it.

Remember when you posted something about a machined area behind the water pump that was just dumb ''because here's water there''? I guess not all experts such as yourself realize that some retro fit aftermarket rollers need a thrust area.

Second, it takes a special kind of person to think an unfired engine that's NEVER ran EVER could scatter metallic debris in the valve cover area. That requires dynamic motion, rockers rocking, springs springing, and lifters pumping oil to the top. NONE of that happens in an engine that's NEVER been fired. I don't care how "bent" the gears are.

Speaking of those "bent gears".... why the F**k do you have such a hard on to get my home phone number (and talk to me on YOUR schedule) Look at the time I make most of my posts here and you tell me if I'm sitting at home during the day hoping the phone will ring.
... are you under the impression I made those "bent" gears"?? for some reason you want my personal contact information (even though you've NEVER bought ANYTHING from me).. why not the "owner" of the subsidiary parts supplier for GM in the 70's and 80s that ACTUALLY made the damn things. For some reason you're not interested in talking to the engine builder, what not talk to the guy that actually made the oil pump parts 25 years ago?

Here's what I see from that texting diarrhea you've been working on the last few days. You had ZERO indication and ZERO reason to take apart someone else engine. Now the owner went from having a complete engine to having a pile of parts and a shitload of drama. (I can only think of one common denominator here).

Your tore apart my oil system... When I set the end play up I have over 100 gaskets at my disposal arranged in order of thickness down to 1/10,000 of an inch. There is NO way you can put that thing back right just by grabbing the gasket out of a Fel-Pro TCS45930 gasket kit. You will either have sloppy clearances or LOCK THE DAMN THING UP.

IF you were to put the timing cover back on, you obviously have no idea how the end play works on a Webber billet roller or you would have known what the machined area was for. THEREFORE you DO NOT possess the skills to put the timing cover back and make sure the cam isn't going to walk and cause lifters to his the wrong cam lobes. (Dave uses a GM gasket and it's quite a bit thinner than the FelPro TCS45930)

Now I've never torn down an unfired crate engine before (because honestly, what's the point?) ESP if I'm only paid to prime it (which you said you didn't do) and put it in (which you also didn't do). BUT... EVERY fresh engine I've EVER seen has sparkles in the oil on initial fire. Then after going up the road and doing the second oil change there's usually some sparkles. (after two oil changes I don't give a crap the engine lives or dies at that point. it's up the the gods. With my engines the gods always smile).

Based on what I've read you tore apart a perfectly good engine, you're not qualified to put it back together and NO you cannot have my personal phone number.

LIKE WAS SAID EARLIER, IF THERE IS A PROBLEM WITH A COVER I BUILT the engine builder will pull another one off the shelf, install it, then call me bitching. At that point I will take care if it.

*I did tell Dave THREE days ago to give the ACTUAL owner of the (scattered) engine, Tony, my number. if he'd like me to put his mind at ease that this WILL be taken care of. (much like I posted earlier in this garbage of a thread). Dave, the engine builder has posted he will take care if it. To use a southern phrase, you don't have a dog in this fight. Everybody on the questionable end of this debacle has said they will take care of it, PERIOD. YOU keep running our cum catcher instead of letting us take care if it. The ONLY reason this isn't progressing is because of you and your drama.

You're the guy screwing shit up by taking apart other peoples work you don't understand. Now you need to decided if you're going to stop what you're doing and get the owners engine fixed or keep tearing it apart until he has a box of parts that no body will touch.

There. Happy now?

Last edited:
and just to make sure Cobra... watch below....

***Charlie and other mods.... , don't delete anything negative about me personally because I bought vendor protection (that I don't have) to protect me. I'll let my reputation from people that ACTUALLY run my covers stand on it's own. I'm 100% secure enough in my abilities to let the chips fall where then may.**** and I'm sure I'll still be here helping people long after 1fastengineteareraparter is long gone.

(oh yeah, Charlie... I just had some pretty sweet mother/daughter action leave he house and Ive been drinking all day. Hopefully I didn't break any rules on my reply. I think my long winded response will be more accurate if it's left in it's entirety :) )

50675524.jpg

now if you'll excuse me I have another house guest on the way to 'inspect' my hottub ;) Don't think I'm ignoring you because I'm more concerned about the operations of my household appliances.

Last edited:
Oh I see now
If I didn't buy it or its not on my car
I can't say anything !!!
Perfect .

I like I said before
Your a one way street

And for good customer service
Ive yet to be contacted
And as you and other board members can see, I corrected your quote/post and have tried to help you with this issue, but since you really don't want the help with your posts I don't know what else to do here. If you didn't buy it personally or have taken it off your car for technical problems then please stay out of it.;)

Most?

Are you under the impression that I manufactured those gear? If so I would have been around 12 years old. Now lets address your "bend plain and simple" BS... First off a bent shaft WILL not spin in a NOS unworn bore, PERIOD (not the presidential kind) Second, it's impossible to 'bend' the gear.. have you looked at it? it's a freakin square block of steel.
but just for grins, lets say it is "bent" (whateverthehell that means).. When I set my end play up, I measure it in 1/2 of 1/10,000th of an inch. Curious how big that is? Pluck a hair out of your forearm... then slice it longways into FORTY even slices. One of those is half a tenth. With the clearances I work with, if it's bent, YOU CAN'T MEASURE IT BY HOLDING IT IN YOUR HANDS AND TAKING A PICTURE OF IT. PLAIN AND SIMPLE.

That's why I put pics up
Look at the wear pattern u moron

Now I realize in polite society it's considered rude to answer a question with a question.... but I'm going to leave you with this one..

Why would I call you? You haven't bought a cover from me.... You haven't bought an engine with my cover on it... and you haven't had a legitimate question about anything that I have built. PERIOD.

Why would you correct the problem.
Even though u stated ( I will do all I can to get this car back on the road)

If you have a problem with an ENGINE, you call the ENGINE BUILDER. The the engine builder takes care of the customer and deals with any parts problem while the customer is riding.
If Nelson Racing builds me an enigne and it blows up, I don't run here and start asking for the home phone number of the guy that owns Carillo. I CALL THE BUILDER FIRST.

When you have the owner call the builder and all he does is (back peddle
Talk about killing him self )
Words form the owner him self !!!!

You try to contact the builder of the cover

It's EXTREMELY well known that is a person has a crate motor built and that person has a problem the FIRST thing to do is to call the builder. The reason anybody with ANY sense calls the builder FIRST is to give that person the chance to make it right or put the owners mind at ease. (you are neither of those people BTW). If the builder doesn't come to the plate THEN you consider going to the next step. (for the record in case you missed it, Dave said he would make it right)

Now I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt here and assUme that everything you posted here is 100% the truth (and I'm going to ignore your track record with having a problem with EVERY vendor you've ever bought from in the past (as posted by you on this very board))

First you indicated you had a bad feeling about this motor.... Now what jumps out at me is that you said you didn't prime the engine as Dave was the last person to work on it. The first red flag on your field is that you, as the engine installer, were instructed to prime it before installing it. (a normal request, wouldn't you agree?)

Never stated I had a bad feeling
Was never instructed to prime the engine

So you're so bad ass at engines you can look at a dormant assembly sitting on a stand and tell if it's good or not? That is badass, and I am one of the most competent, engine builders (not assemblers), machinists, troubleshooters and designers I've ever met. There's no way in the cornbread hell I can look at an unfired engine on the stand and tell if it's good or not. In my incompetent dumbass eyes EVERY unfired engine I look at is a core until it proves itself (but what do I know?). ESP if it's a turbo Buick engine.

When the owner asks you to pull the covers and pan
To make sure he got all the parts listed on his receipt
( why I pulled the covers and pan )

Second, you took an unfired crate engine that was guaranteed by someone else (that DIDN'T belong to you) and started tearing it apart. If it was ANY builder other than Dave you would have almost DAMN SURE voided any warranty whatsoever thereby doing your customer a SEVERE disservice. Luckily for whoever owns the engine Dave hasn't washed his hands of it.

Remember when you posted something about a machined area behind the water pump that was just dumb ''because here's water there''? I guess not all experts such as yourself realize that some retro fit aftermarket rollers need a thrust area.

Second, it takes a special kind of person to think an unfired engine that's NEVER ran EVER could scatter metallic debris in the valve cover area. That requires dynamic motion, rockers rocking, springs springing, and lifters pumping oil to the top. NONE of that happens in an engine that's NEVER been fired. I don't care how "bent" the gears are.

I guess you have never primed a motor before
Or set the correct lash or preload on a roller setup. ( you have to rotate the engine to do so )
Thats motion

Speaking of those "bent gears".... why the F**k do you have such a hard on to get my home phone number (and talk to me on YOUR schedule) Look at the time I make most of my posts here and you tell me if I'm sitting at home during the day hoping the phone will ring.
... are you under the impression I made those "bent" gears"?? for some reason you want my personal contact information (even though you've NEVER bought ANYTHING from me).. why not the "owner" of the subsidiary parts supplier for GM in the 70's and 80s that ACTUALLY made the damn things. For some reason you're not interested in talking to the engine builder, what not talk to the guy that actually made the oil pump parts 25 years ago?

Back peddle !!!

Here's what I see I have diarrhea you've been working on the last few days. You had ZERO indication and ZERO reason to take apart someone else engine. Now the owner went from having a complete engine to having a pile of parts and a shitload of drama. (I can only think of one common denominator here).

Read above
Indications !!!!
So lets see. aluminum in the oil
Not cause for concern?

Your tore apart my oil system... When I set the end play up I have over 100 gaskets at my disposal arranged in order of thickness down to 1/10,000 of an inch. There is NO way you can put that thing back right just by grabbing the gasket out of a Fel-Pro TCS45930 gasket kit. You will either have sloppy clearances or LOCK THE DAMN THING UP.

It shows in the pics how great your end play set up is

IF you were to put the timing cover back on, you obviously have no idea how the end play works on a Webber billet roller or you would have known what the machined area was for. THEREFORE you DO NOT possess the skills to put the timing cover back and make sure the cam isn't going to walk and cause lifters to his the wrong cam lobes. (Dave uses a GM gasket and it's quite a bit thinner than the FelPro TCS45930)

Now I've never torn down an unfired crate engine before (because honestly, what's the point?) ESP if I'm only paid to prime it (which you said you didn't do) and put it in (which you also didn't do). BUT... EVERY fresh engine I've EVER seen has sparkles in the oil on initial fire. Then after going up the road and doing the second oil change there's usually some sparkles. (after two oil changes I don't give a crap the engine lives or dies at that point. it's up the the gods. With my engines the gods always smile).

My point exactly
You dont give a crap !!!!!
If its got metel or aluminum in it

Based on what I've read you tore apart a perfectly good engine, you're not qualified to put it back together and NO you cannot have my personal phone number.

After reading what u wrote
And how you are kicking your self
In this post is good enough for me

LIKE WAS SAID EARLIER, IF THERE IS A PROBLEM WITH A COVER I BUILT the engine builder will pull another one off the shelf, install it, then call me bitching. At that point I will take care if it.

Slap on another cover
Great answer !!!!!!

*I did tell Dave THREE days ago to give the ACTUAL owner of the (scattered) engine, Tony, my number. if he'd like me to put his mind at ease that this WILL be taken care of. (much like I posted earlier in this garbage of a thread). Dave, the engine builder has posted he will take care if it. To use a southern phrase, you don't have a dog in this fight. Everybody on the questionable end of this debacle has said they will take care of it, PERIOD. YOU keep running our cum catcher instead of letting us take care if it. The ONLY reason this isn't progressing is because of you and your drama.

Yet to see it
Drama lmfao! !!!!!!!!
Im not the one writing a book here
Oh and Cum catcher That's great !
Think that one up all by your self
I bet you do alot of ''''''shrimpin'''' dont you !

You're the guy screwing shit up by taking apart other peoples work you don't understand. Now you need to decided if you're going to stop what you're doing and get the owners engine fixed or keep tearing it apart until he has a box of parts that no body will touch.

Ok masser!!! id does what u sayy

There. Happy now?

So on that note
Problem has been corrected
Wear pattern on the gears are perfect
No wear pattern on the filter adapter
Motor is flushed of all debris
Oil pump now spins freely

Watch for the YouTube video!!

Have a great day !