e85 update

turbodaniel

clean air 1
First time out with the corn.... had a little snafu with boost controller but at 15 lbs did pretty well

60ft...1.44
1/8,,,,6.33
1/4....9.97
mph..134

Next run turned boost up 25psi and blew the tires off the line... gonna have to play with the ramp rate

Goal is a 8.90 slip thinking 28lbs and leaving @10 should get it done

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Congrats! Sounds like it is on point. More details on the build please! What size turbo are you running?

Regards,
Shev

Congrats! Sounds like it is on point. More details on the build please! What size turbo are you running?

Regards,
Shev
Thanks, I had Cal tune it last month, tune is spot on, Motor is T/A shortblock,236 solid roller cam,has gn1 ported heads ,champion intake ,160lb injectors ,precision 71 billet bb turbo ,400 Janis built tranny with a Pro Torque 3800 stall

Got any pics of the motor?

Regards,
Shev
1401488919654.jpg
1401488973846.jpg
1401489017918.jpg

Took these over winter after the intake and valve covers were powder coated:cool:

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Looks Great!!

You think the blanket on the exhaust housing helps with the spool up much or were you looking to keep under hood temps down? Also are you getting any blowby through your breathers on the valve cover? Is that enough to vent the motor?

Regards,
Shev

Looks Great!!

You think the blanket on the exhaust housing helps with the spool up much or were you looking to keep under hood temps down? Also are you getting any blowby through your breathers on the valve cover? Is that enough to vent the motor?

Regards,
Shev
Dont know weather it helps with spool up mainly to keep temps down, Motor seems to vent pretty well no blowby or leaks...yet

E85 AFR scale

Curious, is that your target AF at full throttle? I assume it's gas scale which would convert 7.5 to 11.00? I'm doing some initial tuning and full throttle right now, 5K & 20lbs, I'm targeting 10.7 - 10.8. Is considered way rich??

Curious, is that your target AF at full throttle? I assume it's gas scale which would convert 7.5 to 11.00? I'm doing some initial tuning and full throttle right now, 5K & 20lbs, I'm targeting 10.7 - 10.8. Is considered way rich??

It depends who you talk to. Some people say tune it like you would gas, and some say go leaner. I have read quite a bit on the subject (including other boost forums like evos, supras, turbo neons) and my conclusion is the tune is going to be happiest around 11.4, which will still be plenty rich as some tune to around 13 without issues. We all know that every car is a little different though so there is no 1 magic number.

edit: I should mention that I'm thinking closer to 30#'s with my above statements. At 20#'s 11.5 AFR should not be an issue.