E85 TE60 26 psi at 5900 feet.

5280GN

Well finally got my combo sorted out at the track today. Managed to break into the 12's with a burned up posi. I am running a TE60, e85, SD2 chip at 26psi with stock unopened engine with 130k miles. This run was at Bandimere with 5900' elevation and a density altitude of 8950'.

20140910_190935.jpg

Nice run. You really smoked that mustang. Although, with you mods, you still have the ability to go much, much faster, especially at that boost level. Has the car been tuned? Running rich?

The elevation is up there. That will have an effect on performance for sure too.

Yea that roush Mustang was talking trash too. I tuned it at the strip and it was right on 11.2 afr. The posi clutches are toast as you can see in the beginning. The turbo is about maxed out right now at this elevation, cars run anywhere from .4 to .6 seconds slower depending on weather.

I do miss that car . congrats you have brought her back, an kicking bass.

How much boost did you leave at? She hooked an took off like a rocket. Good 60' time.

Thanks for the replys, guys. Vic, I Ieft at 4.5psi at the line. With the hydroboost I can hold 17psi but I just spin the drag radials lol. The posi is slipping so there is a shorter 60' time in it. With slicks and a new eaton carrier I think I can click off a 1.6

With that lousy air you'd need a much larger compressor wheel than you would at sea level to support the same power though you are off from eighth to quarter about 2mph.

BPE2013@hotmail.com

Thanks for the tip. I'll be rebuilding the engine with better heads, cam and new turbo this winter. With the thin air it really changes the turbo air flow.

Thanks for the tip. I'll be rebuilding the engine with better heads, cam and new turbo this winter. With the thin air it really changes the turbo air flow.
You will notice that the exhaust pressure will be much lower compared to manifold pressure at the higher altitude if you are measuring backpressure. Shaft speed is much higher at altitude to generate the same manifold pressure

BPE2013@hotmail.com

For an e85 no holds barred id run a 6766. It will keep the compressor from overspeeding. You need a looser converter at high altitude also. PTC 18 blade 9.5" with a 6766 and boost in the high 20's to low 30's will wake it right up. Fuel system will need to be updated and spring pressures adjusted. Let me known if you need anything

BPE2013@hotmail.com

I used to run Bandimere back in the day, ran 11.2-11.4 at 122-125 all day long. Same setup, same fuel, same boost, same tires etc, down at sea level Bradenton, FL, 10.9 @ 127 on my first pass. Spoolup really suffers at altitude. My low 11 sec runs at Bandimere back then meant I beat the hell out of most anything, sport bikes could barely go 12's and my Z06 ran 13.1-13.3 at 103-108 depending on DA. The Z06 runs 12.3 @ 115+ at Bradenton.

Edit - When I moved from Dallas to Denver, I was running 11.9 at 115 at 18 psi boost, no other changes when I raced at Bandimere, I only went 12.2 @ 112-113 at 18 psi boost.

Thanks for the info. I know a lot of guys have run faster with similar setups. The engine is pretty tired and is need of a rebuild and as bison mentioned I am running out of steam on the turbo. I'll be in the 10's someday lol