E85 chip

pontiac6269

I ran E85 in my TR last year with a 93 octane TT chip. I notice when it had 100% E85 the car longer cranking times to start when it sat over night. If I mixed in a 1/4 tank of regular gas the cranking times were normal. I was wondering if I got a Turbo Tweak E85 chip, would this take care of the longer cranking times? Any body running E85 and TT chip have this problem?

Thanks, Eric

Why would you run a gas chip with a fuel that needs 30% more to reach stoich and on top of that, in a forced induction car?
$1000's in damages vs $75 chip?:confused:

The TT chip adds pulse width on an E85 start up to aid the starting process, same reason I pump my E85 GTO's gas pedal twice before cranking it over to do that same thing. Lack of BTU's and cold weather = hard starting E85 vehicles.

I have a TT E85 chip and on cold mornings it is hard to start, however when it is warm it fires right off. It is the E85 and the cold that make it hard to start as said before.

When its below 50 degrees F, Ethanol has a hard time firing off. I used to run 9:1 E-85/Gas when it was that cold out. You won"t see a performance decrease because of the cold air but it will start way quicker.

When its below 50 degrees F, Ethanol has a hard time firing off. I used to run 9:1 E-85/Gas when it was that cold out. You won"t see a performance decrease because of the cold air but it will start way quicker.

This is what I ended up doing last year. 1/4 tank of regular gas and the rest e85. I was just experimenting with e85, trying different mixes and ended with 100%, thats why no chip for it yet. I know that e85 was causing the longer crank times. Just wanted to know if Erics chip helps before I get one.

Thanks, Eric