E3 Spark Plugs?

Results

i'm interested in hearing your results. I ordered some parts from kirbans & added the e3 plugs to the order at the last minute. My car is stock with the exception of a chip. The idle is not very smooth right now. I figured these plugs have to fall into one of two catagories... Either a breakthrough in design... Or a complete gimmick. Sure hope its not the latter. Thanks for the feedback everyone.

~jm~

the car idles much better & seems to run all together better than on the original 13 thousand mile plugs that were in the car .. But when removing the oem's they were mostly gas soaked .. I dont think this car has ever had a hard load put on her .. I took it around the block a couple of times with the e3 plugs & the car ran great ... But no boost .. I will let the owner's dad do that testing on friday. So at this point i can say it did fix the idle issue ..but im guessing ac plug's would of too .. In the state the oem's were in .. Will follow up on friday when the car gets the gas mashed .. Spares on hand just in case ..

Keep in mind guys the E3 plugs have a .040 gap and can't be changed. So this is why you see better MPG and idling etc and at the same time FI engines have issues lighting off 20+ psi of boost. The Imports are even worse, guys like me with Talon's usually need a .024 gap for 30+psi so when we stick these in there we get horse bucking at low boost levels. LOL Plugs get blamed but it's the gap.

Now I had them and loved them, was somehow firing off 25psi and even had it past 30psi on accident and no horse bucking. But my coilpack has maybe 10k miles on it so that's a part of it and the other part is I have only two wishes left from my Genie.

Keep in mind guys the E3 plugs have a .040 gap and can't be changed. So this is why you see better MPG and idling etc and at the same time FI engines have issues lighting off 20+ psi of boost.

Yes this is why I had changed over I was finding that anything over 20psi is my White car was causing issues. Only mistake I made was calling the ignition crap in my post above :redface: Its not; just the plug gap is too big for OUR application. Am I hopeful that with BOB Bailey ignition upgrade coming out that we will be able to run larger gaps in all the types of plugs we use here on the board.

If you start having mis fires at high hp you better get your wallet ready and it better be full of $. It's hard to believe some would risk this.

if you start having mis fires at high hp you better get your wallet ready and it better be full of $. It's hard to believe some would risk this.
bison its an all stock 13k car .. So i think its safe for now .. The kid is only ten so i dont see him boosting it up for a while ..

Bob Bailey COP would probably allow us to run this gap at our platforms psi levels, but who's going to be the Guinea?
I've got too many scars from all the tests I've done over the years. :D

I dont understand why every1 is waiting for BOB BAILY'S COP when Hartline already has it....I have them on my car now and its the BEST thing!! Smooth idle plugs dont blow out to be honest the whole sound of the car has changed CRAZY but TRU, But its running the best it ever has!!

Car runs good at 15 psi with e3's .we raced the turbo t against my hurst olds from a 30 mile an hour roll & it beat my hurst by a nose .did not break up and performed well .. So they did fix the idle and so far no problems .. So on a stock car they are what the claim .. But im still glad its not my car where testing them on

These aren't Iridiums with that tiny electrode so there's not much to be concerned about IMO with E3's. When my Talon at 31psi blows the spark out nothing happens other than, you go gap it tighter and boost away. Think about Rev Limiters etc, it's not a huge deal, either you fire it off or you don't. And there actually might be something to these since some of us can fire off 25psi + at .040 gap unlike conventional plugs.

I dont understand why every1 is waiting for BOB BAILY'S COP when Hartline already has it....I have them on my car now and its the BEST thing!! Smooth idle plugs dont blow out to be honest the whole sound of the car has changed CRAZY but TRU, But its running the best it ever has!!

Well most of us don't use an aftermarket ECM. My understanding is that Cal's setup is not Plug N Play for those of us using said stock ECM. Bob will have a bigger market than Cal when he does release that product. I'm just glad that there will be an option for either way. This will be a great upgrade!!

well most of us don't use an aftermarket ecm. My understanding is that cal's setup is not plug n play for those of us using said stock ecm. Bob will have a bigger market than cal when he does release that product. I'm just glad that there will be an option for either way. This will be a great upgrade!!

x2

The plugs have arrived & I was disgusted to see that they are now manufactured in China. I try to avoid Chinese products as much as possible.

Best I can tell... They have not improved Idle quality any. The old plugs that I removed had excessive gap. Looked to be about 60+ thousands or so. So far... I'm not overly impressed with the e3's.

~JM~

China huh, not surprising anymore.

.060 gap on a conventional plug in a GN is not going to fire much boost, yet it's going to definitely idle better since it's a huge flame jumping that gap so I wouldn't expect for anyone to notice a difference in idle in your E3 scenario. Try boosting a conventional at .060 = get the saddle out.