E3 Spark Plugs?

~JM~

Wrinkled Member
Has anyone tried the E3 plugs yet & if so what were your findings?

Thanks
~JM~

Just got a set today .. Puting them in paul castle's sons 87 .. No info yet .. But will have soon .. Im hoping they fix an idle issue .. But its a shot in the dark at this point .. But they have to be better then the oem thats in there now .. 13k on the car & it idles like chit ..

I strongly suggest you save your receipt.[/QUOTEwhy ? do you know something we dont ? help a brother out .. i dont have a receipt . not my car .didnt pay for them .. & hell if they dont work the owner wont know for about 6 years .. hes only ten .. the yougest turbo buick owner in the country ..

I strongly suggest you save your receipt.[/QUOTEwhy ? do you know something we dont ? help a brother out .. i dont have a receipt . not my car .didnt pay for them .. & hell if they dont work the owner wont know for about 6 years .. hes only ten .. the yougest turbo buick owner in the country ..

Well JAFO boy, they don't work to say the least.:biggrin:

I bought a set for my 2002 Monte Carlo SS with a 3.8 and a set for the GN. 5 months later I pulled them out of the SS and tossed them and gave away the set for the GN (which I never put in). They did not last long at all... It is such a bugger to change the #6 plug and the time I have to work on the car is so limited I decided not to bother... Didn't want to put them in and find out they sucked like in my other car. I have had good luck with the NGK UR5 I think it is? Car runs great with those, if you try the E3 just have another set of std plugs on hand in case they do not work out well...

The E3s work. I logged over 10,000 miles with them on E85 and 93 since I was switching back and forth during that time. This was early on when Eric was still developing E85 chips and I was testing for him.

The only problem is that when you boost over 20psi or so your gonna have issues more than likely with blowing the spark out. This has more to do with our crap ignition systems than the plugs. Having said that, I did talk to Dennis about his and his customer's experiences with the E3s. Most saw a better idle, which is exactly what I witnessed with my car.

I would not use these on a track car pushing high boost though. FWIW I'm using AC Delcos in the car again with 23 lbs boost and E85 on stock turbo no issues.

I bought a set for my 455 Stage 1 and was skeptical but very surprised at how well they work. The car idles much better - a lot less rich - and seems to run noticably stronger. I have GN1 heads on my WE4 and if they make an E3 plug that would fit those, I'd use them.

Going in on monday .. Thats what ive heard . That they really help idle .. So its worth a try on a true stocker .. Idles like crap but otherwise runs great ..

On a true stocker they will work great. Let us know what you think when you've had a chance to driver the car for a while with those plugs.

Going in on monday .. Thats what ive heard . That they really help idle .. So its worth a try on a true stocker .. Idles like crap but otherwise runs great ..

I'm interested in hearing your results. I ordered some parts from Kirbans & added the E3 plugs to the order at the last minute. My car is stock with the exception of a chip. The idle is not very smooth right now. I figured these plugs have to fall into one of two catagories... Either a breakthrough in design... or a complete gimmick. Sure hope its not the latter. Thanks for the feedback everyone.

~JM~

remember the ac delco splitfire (spitfire) only worked for a few miles then were crap. ive herd about the idle quality of the e3 plugs but havent herd about the other claims of the plugs...

The E3s work. I logged over 10,000 miles with them on E85 and 93 since I was switching back and forth during that time. This was early on when Eric was still developing E85 chips and I was testing for him.

The only problem is that when you boost over 20psi or so your gonna have issues more than likely with blowing the spark out. This has more to do with our crap ignition systems than the plugs.
Blowing out spark? Crappy ignition system. LMAO. This ignition system has run 8's. Yeah 8 sec quarter passes on a stock ignition system. Hardly crap. Your E3 plugs are crap. They probably last longer because there is much more electrode. Keep in mind there is one spark that takes the past of least resistance to ground. If the car idles better with one set of plugs than another when both plugs are new id bet its a coincidence. Pick the correct heat range for the driving you do and your car will idle fine.

Had put the E3s in my 03 Regal GS for a weekend of racing at the local 1/8th track... (says E3.62 on the plug) and had significant Audible Knock at WOT :eek: for most the run. Mind u this is with a stock supercharged 3800 at only 8-9psi of boost. For all i know the old wires might have been to blame... but the reason i'm sharing is for the GN1 users.... GN1s require longer threads than the stock irons. So i took out the E3s and i swapped to the NGK TR6s (the same as what GN1s require). Cars Knock went away immediately with no other changes...hmmm. So if theres any brave soul who wanted to try the E3s in their GN1s ...E3 .62 is the one to ask for at pep boys or simply ask for the ones that go into an 03 regal GS. Been using TR5s in the T-type and now gonna try the colder TR6's or TR6ix iridiums once the motor is freshened up. HTH