E.O.S. Discontinued

XLR8

Lost at Altitude
I went to the local Buick dealer this morning to pick up a bottle of EOS. The parts guy said he received a notice this week that GM is no longer making EOS! He said he has 8 bottles left and as soon as they are gone that's it for him.

I went to the local Buick dealer this morning to pick up a bottle of EOS. The parts guy said he received a notice this week that GM is no longer making EOS! He said he has 8 bottles left and as soon as they are gone that's it for him.

I better scarf up as much as I can!! I know the local dealership has about 20 bottles of it. I wonder why. I like that stuff..;)

Again?

About 10 months ago someone posted a thread saying EOS was discontinued. Apparently this was news to the suppliers. At that time I ordered about 8 pints from gmpartsdirect.com but I just went back on their site and there is a note that this part (p/n 1052367) has been discontinued. So I guess this time the rumors are true. Better find it where you can.

On another board, I read that this same EOS will be continued under a new AC-Delco part number. May not be a need to panic after all. BG MOA is good stuff too and has zinc content.

I use EOS in my GSX since I had a cam lobe go flat this spring. I went to my dealer earlier this week and the parts dept. was unaware of EOS being discontinued and they had plenty in stock so I stocked up on it.

I am stocked up to the tune of 23 bottles. Should last my lifetime, and the lifetime of at least 1 turbo Buick and hopefully 1 more someday.

I'm waiting to see an oil analysis on this. But Mobil1 now makes a "High Mileage" version of Mobil 1 full synthetic. It's advertised as having extra anti-wear additives. Plus it's and SL rated engine oil. Most of the newer zinc starved oils are rated SM.

I'll still run EOS with it but this MAY be an option.

Plus AC-Delco appears to be carrying the EOS under part # 10-106

I have heard good things about STP. Kinda sucks the there is no more EOS but im sure there is a case left around here and there.

ive herd that royal purple has zinc in it, i dont know how much though

Actually, there was somebody a few weeks ago with almost 2 cases left for sale, at $$$ 25. something a bottle. I am sure that there are a few bottles left here and there. Everytime that I called a dealer a few weeks ago, as soon as they looked it up on their database, they generally jacked the price. One place had 7 bottles on their shelves, but as soon as I indicated that I was interested in them, they jacked the price to $$ 13+. I am sure that every major engine parts manufacturer has some type of engine break-in lube available. Lots of companies have supplements available also. I also found several companies out of state that had it but would not ship out of their state.