Dyno advice/expectations?

gn87turbo

Hey guys, I'm taking my car this weekend to get it dynoed. Any recommendations with having our cars dynoed? I'm gonna have race gas and my TT race chip in so car should be set up exactly as it was when I ran the time in the sig. I'm gonna do three pulls. The guy mentioned something about the torque convertor lock up switch and that affecting the numbers, is that true? I have the switch to lock it. Thanks.
Patrick

Ok, what kind of numbers do you think I'll put down? Its a dynocom dyno. Going tomorrow. Same set up I ran a 12.01 at 113 mph. Running around 20-22 lbs. of boost.

I would not lock the converter unless the life of the lock up clutch is of no concern. I had my tranny rebuilt last yr and the converter clutch was toast, that happens from locking the converter at wide open throttle, not worth the extra couple mph in my opinion.
More fun to tune at the track then on a dyno for me. But if no track close to you then a dyno is the next best thing. If you are looking for more power turn the boost up and monitor your air/fuel ratio, don't let it get to lean. 775/800 or 11.0 to 11.2(wide band) range should be safe.

Chuck

Hey guys, I'm taking my car this weekend to get it dynoed. Any recommendations with having our cars dynoed? I'm gonna have race gas and my TT race chip in so car should be set up exactly as it was when I ran the time in the sig. I'm gonna do three pulls. The guy mentioned something about the torque convertor lock up switch and that affecting the numbers, is that true? I have the switch to lock it. Thanks.
Patrick

if you made some good runs and have time slip in your hand and know your car weight then plug that info in HP calculator and you will know what you making , dynos are useless with loose converters and don't ever lock them up either , you will burn the clutch sooner or later ,my two cents :cool: ..............using HP calculator /113 MPH with 3650 lb gross weight Buick takes 411HP at the wheels or 530 flywheel ,flywheel HP is useless so I say you will make 405 -415 HP on the dyno unless your gross weight is different .