Duttweiler cars

750H.P.V6

Brutal 6 Racing
Here's a question I've been pondering for a while now. Do you think cars built by Duttweiler will be worth more in the future than a comparable stock GN would? I think about what has happened to values of Yenkos, Baldwin Motion cars etc. and have to wonder . Has anyone else considered this?

Neal

Documentation is the key IMO. If you have invoices, dyno sheets, emails, tune data, video, pictures (that of him working on the car, car at his facility, etc.) all will play a big part of it.
I know he isnt getting any younger and I had him sign several rare Buick Motorsports pieces i had at BG a few years back.

I had a friend that had a car built by Kenny back in 1992 unfortunately that one got totaled in a near fatal accident. You see Duttweiler cars come up for sale every so often and I always wonder what they might be worth some day. I agree that documentation is the key.

Neal

I sure hope so because i own a GN that been thru Duttweiler shop 10+ years ago. needs some work though :(. Im thinking of doing a street terror turbo bbc swap to it , but then it wont be a Duttweiler car anymore. The dilema.

I guess what got me thinking about it again was a car I saw over on Ebay. Truthfully it wasn't that nice but it did have an engine installed by Kenny back in the 90's and there was a lot of documentation. Most of the stuff on the car i.e. turbo, I/C, DFI etc. is obsolete these days but the motor sounds like it's got some good parts in it. I couldn't really put a good figure on what I think it's worth or if it will be more collectible in the future.

Neal

I sure hope so because i own a GN that been thru Duttweiler shop 10+ years ago. needs some work though :(. Im thinking of doing a street terror turbo bbc swap to it , but then it wont be a Duttweiler car anymore. The dilema.

Sell your car and get a regal to do your swap into. You'll regret turning another one into a hybrid when there are so many other g-bodies to use. And you'll be saving a bit of history.

You never know. Probably really depends what Kenny did to the car as well.

The last GN I had (back in 2006 - ack!) was originally a stock eliminator drag car that was raced on the east coast (NJ) in the early 90s. It had a Duttweiler engine in it. I confirmed it via a call to Kenny's shop and a long conversation with his wife with the engine # and who it was originally built for. However, she wasn't willing to make any copies of the invoices for the work to send to me to add to the documentation I had. I wished I had been able to get it because whomever has that car now (it's in Ohio I think) has one hell of a strong engine in it. Documentation that ties the engint to the car and/or owner will be key for sure.