jump boxes

jlat

hello people: Has anyone our youz buy one lately? I was given a Duralast 700 amp jump starter and I used it today. I got my86T out of sleep today but it needed a jump. The Duralast did not work very well and I didn't think it was going to work but it did. It barely jumped the car. Here's another question. Should the jump box work right away or do you leave it hooked up for a while to charge up the bat. in the car.
thanks
IBBY

A. A trickle charger while the car is in storage is always a good idea.
B . Noco make some really good ones but you can't expose them to heat, like leaving them in the car on a warm day.

My Snap-On starts right away. My neighbor says his has to be put on the battery for 5 minutes. I think it just depends onthe battey inside the jump-box

The jump starter is the last item in the video. If something is a piece of junk he'll say so.

A word of caution, the alternator is not designed to charge a battery but rather maintain a charge.. in other words don't use a jump box unless you have to.

hello people: when I had to get my TB towed last yr. (power steering hose let go) the driver had one that he kept in his passenger door panel. It was really small and he said worked great. I should has got the name but I was shocked.
IBBY

I got one from HF. It works fine. I've jumped several different cars including my 2500hd. It lasts for months with enough juice to spin pretty much any car engine.

I personally like the different models Halo offers.
I can neither confirm, nor deny owning a few of them.
JK, they work great.
Check them out.

Patrick