Dusty Bradford Crashed at Huntsville

John Wilde

I'm getting too old for this $#!%
Staff member
Guys,

Dusty crashed in the second round of eliminations in Huntsville this afternoon.
The other racer lost control and in trying to avoid hurting the other driver he kissed the wall. Both drivers are ok but is looks like Dusty will not be making Orlando this year! :(

Thank God he is totally ok!

Damn,Sorry to hear Dusty.
Glad to hear you are ok
Is the car wrecked or repairable?
Thanks for the update Brick

KLHAMMETT said:
Damn,Sorry to hear Dusty.
Glad to hear you are ok
Is the car wrecked or repairable?

Car can be fixed just not in time for Orlando, with out a sponsor!

Sorry to hear that, but good thing both guys made it out fine. It's sad there's 2 of my favorite turbo LS1 cars were wrecked in the last month.

Yeah, the wreck was pretty scary to watch. Donnie Key (the other car) was up on two wheels when he came in front of Dusty. Had Dusty not turned to miss him, he would have sent Donnie into a roll or over the wall. The roll cages did exactly what they are meant to do. Glad everyone is ok.

Make no mistake, Dusty did one HELL of a driving job. The other car crossed directly in his lane. Dusty would have centered him. Instead he turned hard right, narrowly missing Donnie. He almost pulled the car out of the skid, but smacked the right wall pretty good instead..

All you guys with Buick parts (listen up vendors), it would be wonderful for you to step up and help out a TRUE buick guy.

Dusty will need several front end parts.. For those of you that don't know him, he is a hell of a nice guy to boot.

Glad to report he is OK and so is the other driver..

P.S. Dusty won the round crossing the finish line in the right lane (he started in the left ;) )

Nice seeing you again Dusty.

Wow!

Very sorry to hear about this Dusty, but the car can be fixed and I'm glad you made it out okay as well as the other driver!!!

KLHAMMETT said:

Otto, Think you ment John?? :confused:

Thanks for update John, just seen this today as the last results I had seen were round 3 qualifying...

86brick said:
Otto, Think you ment John?? :confused:

Thanks for update John, just seen this today as the last results I had seen were round 3 qualifying...

Steve,

I have been called much worse than brick before!

KLHAMMETT said:
YA i noticed that too :) But it was too late to edit
Thanks John!

Otto,

Michael is trying to get a hold of you.
Are you back yet???

KLHAMMETT said:
Im home, calling him now :cool:

How was your trip?
I am so excited about you firing up the dyno with the beast this week!!!

John Wilde said:
How was your trip?
I am so excited about you firing up the dyno with the beast this week!!!
Good,Had to do the family thing ya know ;)

Hopefully his car doesnt bury it :)

Just getting in guys......the weekend basically sucked. Things were going pretty well with a 5.39 at 136.5 on the new set-up. We had been chasing an ignition problem. The new cam and springs will spin well to 7600 but it's not using the fuel over 7k. We just swapped to another ignition box when we crashed. I didn't leave on enough boost so he had me a few lengths, my boost came in about the time he lost traction. I was expecting to go by him when I saw him smoking the tires. He barely crossed the center line, pointed it straight and got back in it while he was still out of the groove. His car killed the tires and came back across right in front of me. I stabbed the brakes but saw I was going to hit him in the door so jerked the wheel to the right thinking I could go around him. The car turned so hard the right rear tire was off the ground a foot or so and when I hit the center line( the slick part of the track) the back tried to come around. I got it turned enough it didn't hit the wall head on but instead at an angle with the pass side headlights digging into the wall. It looks bad but after going over the car it looks like a right fender, core support, header panel, bumper will fix the body. Hartline's hood survived the impact and I have no idea why. The worst part will be repairing the pass side header, crossover pipe, buying a new radiator and tranny cooler and new tires all the way around. The skid flat spotted all 4 of them.

I may be sore tomorrow but the safety equipment did it's job. The harnesses kept me in the seat, the neck brace and helmet kept me from hurting my neck. The only damage to the interior is the steering wheel. I bent it around the column...I guess from bracing for the impact.

There will be video soon I'm sure. If I get a copy I'll post it up. The guys at horsepower TV are going to send me a copy.......I guess this is the best shot at making the highlight reel :(