Duramax

Edge ct. Programer works great . I towed my 30 ft enclosed trailer to ga and got 13 mpg . I'm very happy that was on the #1 tune setting

Old thread.....But I started it..haha
Well, it's been a couple years....
EFI Live is in the mail!!!!
Truck had PPE hot +2et and that programmer was very aggressive on everything, so I pulled the trigger on EFI live.

These trucks are absolute BEAST'S on the street!!!
I got the DSP5 switch too, so I will have even more self control on higher tunes.

yea thats is the tuner i have(hot+2)i get 11-13 pulling 24' trailer at 70mph and on #4 i avg 17-18 and 21-22 on hwy

i may do the efi soon

That PPE programmer is a smooth powerful unit. I got great mileage out of it. Best was 23 worst was 17. The only reason I am going with EFI live is because I am maxing my truck out and wanted the best tunes possible for tranny survival...Even though its still gonna die. I sold my PPE for just pennies under the EFI!

The Edge series has the defuel torque management for trans survival. I'm sure the other boxes do it too but i was told by several people for a canned tune programmer the Edge stuff is the way to go.

I don't care to tune it myself. it's a truck that tows/hauls so i don't need to get every last drop of HP out of it.

Ya. Ive heard the Edge is a prett good unit too. Tho I have never used one, I did drive a D-max with one. It was a little touchy on the higher tunes, but overall good performance. It reminded me of my Predator. Matter of fact, I still have that tuner laying around. Anyway, I have been running high HP tuners for 2 years and installed a transgo Jr shortly after I purchased my rig. If your easy on it and let the tranny learn, they can survive. The defuel helps a bunch.

Ya. Ive heard the Edge is a prett good unit too. Tho I have never used one, I did drive a D-max with one. It was a little touchy on the higher tunes, but overall good performance. It reminded me of my Predator. Matter of fact, I still have that tuner laying around. Anyway, I have been running high HP tuners for 2 years and installed a transgo Jr shortly after I purchased my rig. If your easy on it and let the tranny learn, they can survive. The defuel helps a bunch.

Yea i did the Trans JR too, and unlike the GN i finished without any bolts left over.LOL

I love the truck as for power and driving but the ride could be smoother, i even did the Salastic shackles. the only thing that smothed it out was the Rancho 9000's

i also have the AFE elbow, race valve and drop in filter.

ditch the programmers & do a custom tune or get efi live with a reputable tuner. it makes a world of differance. I did the tunner thing & about 1 year ago had a custom tow / hot street tune program & the differance is like night & day. I am making 475 hp @ the rear wheels right now. it is very adictive but you MUST keep an eye on the EGT's when hauling heavy. you do not set the cruise control @ 70+ & let it ride, you WILL burn that motor down.

whats the trans go kit correct? my truck currently has 160k on it and the trans shifts great and i want it to stay that way.

Patrick it is a trans go "jr", it is nothing more than a ball & a spring in a certian location. I installed one in mine with about 500 miles on the clicker, after 100k of hauling heavy "up to 32,000, Lonnie said 2 & 3rd was smoked when he did the rebuild.

i did the jr kit as well, no big difference i can feel a little but then again I don't plan on hauling 30k with my DD. I only use mine for a camper and hauling the car which at tops is 10-12k.

I think I am getten EFI for xmas tho

hey Indian, you ever haul to Jaxport? in Jacksonville?

i did the jr kit as well, no big difference i can feel a little but then again I don't plan on hauling 30k with my DD. I only use mine for a camper and hauling the car which at tops is 10-12k.

I think I am getten EFI for xmas tho

hey Indian, you ever haul to Jaxport? in Jacksonville?

I used to. hauled several pieces of worn out junk equipment that went to africa, that was about 7 years ago. now I try to stay right here in town. less miles, less fuel, more profit.

thats funny, it was prolly my terminal. That is our biggest volume, auction heavy equipment to West Africa,

cool

all I know is I HATE GOING TO PORT!!!, I swear folks there have 2 speeds, if you don't like there 1st speed you sure as hell will not like there 2nd speed. LOL actually it just all the security BS & complete caos.