Duramax

Funny how you mention bumpers.... I have a roll pan for the rear of my truck on its way in the mail. I'll get pics soon as it get here.

Got the roll pan.... looks great! Also got a Predator Diablosport tuner! Running 120hp tune and the truck hauls nuts!!!! 25mpg too!!!!

I'll get some pics this weekend

Got the roll pan.... looks great! Also got a Predator Diablosport tuner! Running 120hp tune and the truck hauls nuts!!!! 25mpg too!!!!

I'll get some pics this weekend

If your going off trucks computer mileage is wrong. The tuners throw it way off and even stock they are off. Fill tank up drive till empty re fill and calculate. There is no way its getting 25 mpg.

The 2011's arent as good as 01-06.5 i wish i didnt buy it. It has no issues it just seems weak. But very nice interior. Waiting for some wheels to be made since they changed lug pattern all they have is 1- 24" black wheel. Also lift kits are little since they changed frame so im waiting on an 11" or bigger lift before i touch her.

These are pics before i tinted windows, put on step bars, and tool box.

Attachments

• new truck 001.jpg
    new truck 001.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 110
  • new truck 003.jpg
    new truck 003.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 114
  • new truck 004.jpg
    new truck 004.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 90
Nice rigs, guys. Here's mine.

6.7 cummins, dpf deleted, egr deleted, CAI, 4" turbo back exhaust, H&S 175hp tune.

098.jpg

Hey guys.. so I joined dieselplace.com a while ago but no one comments on anything I have posted and its frustrating and I know how helpful this community is so i figured id post here. Ive been wanting a dmax for a while and my car is gonna take a dump on me soon and im working close to home so i think its about time. i have to have a long bed truck and would really like a crew cab truck too. I need to keep it under 25k (closer to 20 the better) but the problem is that I'm in central NJ and there isnt much around the area and I have no vaca days so has to be a weekend trip.
There is this truck which looks nice but its an Extended cab, and the hitch looks a little rusty which worries me.. also what is that thing next to the steering wheel, a programmer?
http://www.curmsonsauto.com/2005-Ch...Used-Truck/Woodside-NY/0/2254472/Details.aspx

This truck would be perfect but its a work truck so kind of bare bones (crank windows, pleather, etc.)

http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-...dyStyleCodes=TRUCKS&listingId=313447731&Log=0

Those are the only two relatively close to me. This truck looks very nice but is a little while away. I would love something like this but its a little out of my range with fees, etc. I offered my car as a trade so maybe that'll help. Any input, advice, help, etc you guys have or help you could give would be great.. Thanks!

-Rich

http://www.pickuptrucks.com/go/sear...rtfield=PRICE&certifiedOnly=false&&aff=trucks

The thing next to the steering wheel is an aftermarket electric brake controller for controlling the brakes on a trailer. Otherwise the 1st one looks pretty clean and has a few aftermarket accessories. Don't like the rip/tear on the edge of the drivers seat.

The 2nd truck like you said is pretty plain jane but doesn't look as though it was worked hard and is clean all around.

The last one also looks like a nice clean truck as well. They didn't show the bed on the and I'd be curious to see if it may have had a 5th wheel mounted in there at one time as that one has an electric brake controller mounted on the dash.....just like to know what kind of towing a truck may have done if I were buying it.

Hard to pick, however I like a crew cab over the extended cab especially if you need the room to carry people more comfortably. And I like leather especially the charcoal. They all look as though they still have the stock exhaust and probably haven't been modded to much if at all.

The crew cabs look as though they are still running the stock tires or have been replaced with the same road friendly type tread and not the larger size tires like I have done along with others.

Just a few observations from my end.....Good Luck and let us know what you get.

The thing next to the steering wheel is an aftermarket electric brake controller for controlling the brakes on a trailer. Otherwise the 1st one looks pretty clean and has a few aftermarket accessories. Don't like the rip/tear on the edge of the drivers seat.

O ok cool thanks for the info. Yea it looks nice but yea the seat rip adn the fact its not a crew cab bum me out.

The 2nd truck like you said is pretty plain jane but doesn't look as though it was worked hard and is clean all around.

Agreed. Is that leather in this one or like the vinyl?

The last one also looks like a nice clean truck as well. They didn't show the bed on the and I'd be curious to see if it may have had a 5th wheel mounted in there at one time as that one has an electric brake controller mounted on the dash.....just like to know what kind of towing a truck may have done if I were buying it.

Good point I didnt even see that thanks. And you were right, it has a 5th wheel on it. So that would probably be something to stay away from then yea?

Hard to pick, however I like a crew cab over the extended cab especially if you need the room to carry people more comfortably. And I like leather especially the charcoal. They all look as though they still have the stock exhaust and probably haven't been modded to much if at all.

The crew cabs look as though they are still running the stock tires or have been replaced with the same road friendly type tread and not the larger size tires like I have done along with others.

Just a few observations from my end.....Good Luck and let us know what you get.

Thanks!

I also found this one near me also. Dont really like the cap and would need to put a bed liner in it but doesnt look bad. It also says its a work truck model but looks like it has some options (power windows, etc).

http://www.citycaddybuickgmc.com/used-details/New-York/2005/GMC/Sierra 2500HD/-/19/486/265183/2492997

I too just recently just got a 05 GMC 2500HD DirtyMax. LLY /5speed ally. It's black /tan loaded with everything except the rear dvd player. truck had 156k on it and got for 21,500, it's all stock! gonna get a programmer very soon! BTW my truck has 285 tires on it. will post a pic up later

Thanks!

I also found this one near me also. Dont really like the cap and would need to put a bed liner in it but doesnt look bad. It also says its a work truck model but looks like it has some options (power windows, etc).

http://www.citycaddybuickgmc.com/used-details/New-York/2005/GMC/Sierra 2500HD/-/19/486/265183/2492997

I believe it's leather even though it has the vinyl floor covering but I'm not positive.

That GMC looks nice and yeah I'm not a big cap fan myself either.

gotcha.. i spoke with the dealer about the 05 GMC and its a gmc dealership so I can get bedliner installed there and warranty if I want it. planning on going to check it out next friday and if all goes well, pick it up.. is there any kind of buyers guide or critical things to look for on the dmax or HD trucks other than obvious things (leaks, rust)? Is a warranty on a diesel something I should consider? I know plugs alone can be big bucks..

Thanks again guys!

-Rich

gotcha.. i spoke with the dealer about the 05 GMC and its a gmc dealership so I can get bedliner installed there and warranty if I want it. planning on going to check it out next friday and if all goes well, pick it up.. is there any kind of buyers guide or critical things to look for on the dmax or HD trucks other than obvious things (leaks, rust)? Is a warranty on a diesel something I should consider? I know plugs alone can be big bucks..

Thanks again guys!

-Rich
I bought a 07 GMC ex.cab with the LBZ eng, 55k miles last july, had it 2 weeks and the ck. eng light came on, took it to the dealer and they replaced a glow plug, two hundred mile later another code set another trip to the dealer and another glow plug replaced, fast foward to 2 weeks ago, another code set, another trip to dealer and another glow plug replaced along with a egr valve and it happened one day before the warranty ran out .I love the truck but by all mean's buy a warranty if you can, also if you get lucky and find one with a LBZ (06 to mid yr 07) buy it , no DFI filter and it's a beast... also if you ever put a 285 tire on it make sure it's Michelin's.

The 04-06 LLY engine is a beast to just has less smog crap than the LBZ .

My truck has 285 michelins on it. why do i need to stick with that brand?

sounds good, thanks for the info.. yea i figure the price of the warranty (depending on what they offer) would be less than what new plugs alone would cost.. yea if I could find a Crew Cab Long bed 06-07 I would get one but around me in the northeast there tough to come by in my price range that arent high miles or beat up tow rigs (there was a real nice one in CT but has a fifth wheel and kinda turned me away).. I dont know too much about dmax's yet but I heard the lly and lbz are basically the same engine with a different tune and I plan on adding a few mods to up the power, fuel mileage etc. anyway.

The 04-06 LLY engine is a beast to just has less smog crap than the LBZ .

My truck has 285 michelins on it. why do i need to stick with that brand?
The 06 LLY is the same as a LBZ except the LBZ has a better tune (360hp, 650lb torque) the early lly's is a whole diffrent motor with less hp/torque than the LBZ and there is not more smog on a LBZ there is less. The Michelin is the only brand in THAT size that don't beat you to death. BTW, after mid-yr 07 they all had the DFI filter.

mines an 07 2wd
PPE tuned, AFE elbow, 4" all the way back no muffler, transgo jr
avg 17.5 and 22 @ 70-75mph

got 15mpg pulling the buick with 24' trailer

love the truck but hate the hard ride.
5e1d8ead.jpg

Nice truck! I really like the color.. Turbo and RWD, i get the theme here :cool: Unfortuntely Ill prob need the 4x4 goin up to the mountains during huntin season.. goin this weekend to check it out

Old thread.....But I started it..haha
Well, it's been a couple years....
EFI Live is in the mail!!!!
Truck had PPE hot +2et and that programmer was very aggressive on everything, so I pulled the trigger on EFI live.

These trucks are absolute BEAST'S on the street!!!
I got the DSP5 switch too, so I will have even more self control on higher tunes.