Duramax owners please!!

gn87turbo

What mpg are you guys getting with your duramax diesel? I'm looking at getting a 2006 Crew Cab with the allison 6 speed and was curious. I currently have a 2007 crew cab gmc sierra 1500 with the 4.8 and its not so good, 14 city and about 17 hwy. Thanks.
Patrick

I get around 18 - 19 around town, with a eco tune. LBZ. Running a little over size tire and taking off very easy. Stay under 1500 rpm and they get good mpg..... Just like the buick though its fun to get on it, then the mpg is....... well you know the rest:)

I get around 18-20mpg.. Most of the time I am on the highway.. I do have a programer in mine. It works great on the fuel if you keep you foot out of it..:cool: Great truck though...;) Most people that ride in it have no clue it is a diesel.... Not like a ford or dodge....:D Rattleeee,,Rattleee, Snort,,,,Rattleee.... lol.......

I have an 01 LB7 dually Allison 5 speed. It is getting 16 city, and 21 highway with oversized tires. A friend of mine has an 04 LLY 2500 Allison 5 speed and is getting 21mpg city, 24mpg highway.

07 Classic LBZ CC/SB 17 in town and almost 20 hwy. Towing to BG completely stock no tuner was 13.5 pullin at 75mph open trailer, turbo regal, 700 sportsman polaris in bed

I'm getting around 18 to 20 hand calculated. I have bigger tires and a power adder. This is a mix of city and highway driving. I have gotten about 22 on the highway before, but that was keeping it right at 65, which is hard to do.

To be honest with you, I wouldn't switch to a diesel just for mpg. Diesel costs a bit more, so the extra few mpg's you get just about averages out. Plus your paying more for the engine and the maintenance costs a lot more as well. I have had mine since new, and diesel was much cheaper than gas at that point. If I were to get one now, I would not bother with diesel. Or wait a few years until the diesel half tons come out. Maybe the mpg/cost ratio will be better. I was actually thinking of selling mine to buy a gas truck. The newer ones get just about the same mpg as my diesel does. Of coarse if you tow a lot maybe the diesel is the better option.

Chris

Thanks for the replies. I'm not getting one for the mpg but it really helps make my decision when I see around 20mpg. Love the diesels and have wanted one for a while.

The decision for diesel for me was easy. My Dually runs 14's, can pull anything, and gets better gas mileage than 1/2 ton.

I have an 08 LMM with 35"s

I run around 12-13 in town
18-20 Hwy.

Bone stock computer too....

ive owned my truck 06' sierra 2500hd ext cab sb since new....ive got a dual 4" exh a cold air intake and a programmer on it....ive had a few different rim n tire combos right now being the biggest 305/55-20 toyo open country ...(damn those tires are heavy)...the best mph ive got outta was prolly 16-18 round town 20-24ish on the highway...and i really dont baby this thing.....i got about 100k on it , and its been a very reliable truck for me....plus its fast...lol... idk but i like it..

I drive the dog squeeze out of mine 24/7... I get 12-17/18... If you ever go diesel you will not go back... Once you hook a load up and see there is no difference, you will say piss on gas;)

I drive the dog squeeze out of mine 24/7... I get 12-17/18... If you ever go diesel you will not go back... Once you hook a load up and see there is no difference, you will say piss on gas;)

I agree!!! I have an 05 CC SB LLY, stock tune, slightly larger tires & wheels, that I've owned since new. I get 16-18 normal back and forth mixed driving to work. I normally get 18-21 on the hwy (depending on fuel). I have gotten as high as 24 with good fuel and careful driving. I averaged 19.1 on a trip to Vegas and back for CES. It hasn't failed me in any form or fashion.

I've got an 06 3500 and after 90k I can say not towing you'll range from 16-20mpg. Towing, 12-16.

I have 2003 LB7 extended cab. I get about 20 around town and 23-24 on the highway. I get about 18-19 towing. I have the 6 speed manual.

Wouldn't trade this truck for anything!