Dumb question… O2 sensor

Royal-T-Ltd

OKAY.... trying to remove my WBO2 to free air - i know i used anti seize when installing but that sonofab#%@% wont come off for anything.... i even tried when warm...
…would PB BLaster mess up the sensor if some happened to run down on the tip???:confused: Any tried AND proven methods to removal of O2s.... i know my stock location comes out just fine... but this other one is something else

... maybe i just need a longer wrench with more leverage - Oh well i guess i get to buy more tools;) ;)

OKAY.... trying to remove my WBO2 to free air - i know i used anti seize when installing but that sonofab#%@% wont come off for anything.... i even tried when warm...
…would PB BLaster mess up the sensor if some happened to run down on the tip???:confused: Any tried AND proven methods to removal of O2s.... i know my stock location comes out just fine... but this other one is something else

... maybe i just need a longer wrench with more leverage - Oh well i guess i get to buy more tools;) ;)

my buddy rounded off his O2 sensor in a 3rd gen camaro because it was seized so I told him to put it on the rack at work and i would give it a shot:p I shot some PB blaster and clamped some vice grips on it, didnt budge...then i got the torch out and heated that sucker up(the bung that is), snapped vice grips on and it came out relatively easy! maybe you'll have the same luck as me with a torch??? hth

Okay - first off having the right size wrench helps;) :redface: 22mm as opposed to 7/8" and then YES Heat IS The Key - i didnt put a torch on it but I drove about 20 mins - when i got back home, i popped the hood and immediately started wrenching [IT WAS HOT AS H@LL!] but turned real easy.... maybe this will help somebody down the road.

Okay - first off having the right size wrench helps;) :redface: 22mm as opposed to 7/8" and then YES Heat IS The Key - i didnt put a torch on it but I drove about 20 mins - when i got back home, i popped the hood and immediately started wrenching [IT WAS HOT AS H@LL!] but turned real easy.... maybe this will help somebody down the road.

Yes it does! I just bought a couple Denso's and I'm going to the track soon. I'll make sure I change it before the car cools down too much. It dosen't look like it's the most convenient location to swing a wrench. Thanks

Remember that things expand when heated........when you install your new O2 sensor in a hot bung hole, it will be even more difficult to remove next time.

Remember that things expand when heated........when you install your new O2 sensor in a hot bung hole, it will be even more difficult to remove next time.

just took it out again today to free air calibrate... "popped" right out - ZERO problems..... i just hope this sensor isnt trying to bite the dust... i really dont have an extra $85 laying around:mad: - We'll see though, trying to make T&T tonight:D

Just use Antiseize when installing & it never hurts to loosen it it yearly to save problems down the road. Also no need to Torque the Crap out of it when installing! Just Snug is all you need.

Just use Antiseize when installing & it never hurts to loosen it it yearly to save problems down the road. Also no need to Torque the Crap out of it when installing! Just Snug is all you need.

first off i always have used anti-seize [+ most o2 have anti-seize from the manufacturer] - next i only "torque" it enough to seal and crush the crush washer - i'm using open end wrenches NOT some big ass impact:rolleyes: or 1/2 ratchet