does the mph record stand

• does it stand

Votes: 10 58.8%
  • who thinks its not possible

Votes: 7 41.2%

• Total voters

laz

Tso Racing 2010
Does Don Cruz 180 mph at Bg is this a new record ? I left early i heard he ran 173 and a few 172 does his 180 stand ?:cool:

LAZ i was not there just posting information listed in the lounge

Originally Posted by Otto J
There must have been a problem with the clocks,there is no way he could go180 on a 8.70 pass. He would have had to pickup 40-45mph from the 1/8th.

Correct. I got a PM stating the car only went 137 in the 660' so you got the point nailed down.... Not sure if the info I got was correct, but I would think somebody must have seen something to send me this info...

I HOPE THE RECORD IS 180 HE DOES HAVE A WICKED CAR THAT GETS THE JOB DONE IF SO CONGRATS TO DON CRUZ AND THE MISSILE :cool:

Jason was on the numbers from start to finish ,he only picked up 31.45 mph from the 1/8 to the 1/4 nothin crazy.

Oh the air and the track was great friday evenin help with the pass .:cool:

If he went 137 in the eighth the 180 is a no go unless he sprayed about 200hp worth of nitrous out the back. That is not likely to say the least. If he went 144+ in the eighth its very possible. His rpm in the last frame and fuel consumption would say a lot. The amount of extra fuel used to support that much extra power would be a very drastic difference to other logs where he trapped 172-173mph

Doesn't he have a driveshaft sensor on the car? I think the data log would tell all.

From what I was told there were a few cars that had higher MPH passes than they ever ran previous.

I heard there was another TSO car that ran a higher MPH.

Air good or not, if he had run a string of 173s all week the car would have had to pick up an additional 200 HP to make it to 180. Maybe he blocked the wastegate shut and bonzied that run, though the first half being what it was and being told he had to pedal it for traction (i was told) i am VERY skeptical

Doesn't he have a driveshaft sensor on the car? I think the data log would tell all.

Pretty sure he does, He could post a pic of the datalog with all other info blocked out if he is worried about giving away anything else.

I am sure Don with post his own thoughts on this.

Stating this for all records for all classes including previous records

MOST organizatioins require any record MPH or ET to be backed within a few percent to be even considered.

Though that may make a few Buick record fall by these rules

From what I was told there were a few cars that had higher MPH passes than they ever ran previous.

I heard there was another TSO car that ran a higher MPH.

Air good or not, if he had run a string of 173s all week the car would have had to pick up an additional 200 HP to make it to 180. Maybe he blocked the wastegate shut and bonzied that run, though the first half being what it was and being told he had to pedal it for traction (i was told) i am VERY skeptical

There is enough doubt to require the timeslip to be posted up for all the racers of the class to see. Don is obviously smart enough to know what he's looking at so if it's legit he will post the time slip and let the record stand. I think it's possible to run 180MPH, but I would suspect you would see a little more consistency at that level. Not 173, then 180 then 173. The E.T.'s he ran tell me the track wasn't there for 180MPH.

I will say I ran next to him on that pass and he went 138 to the 1/8. If anyones car will do 180 it should be his car. By looking at it it looks like it will do 200.

considering there were other cars that had unusually high mph's if say unlikely. plus if he didnt back it up then I cant see it being a record

For you Guys that think you know it all

from what i saw I think all the false mph's where in the day where a bad reflector reading could have been the cause.
Don's pass was at night !!

Don's pass was about what was expected and somewhat close to all his prevoius MPH's

The other runs that the other guys ran were 20-30mph over what they were running

I'm real sure you have to run within 1% to back up a record so he would have needed another pass of 178.2 to back it up. If TSO uses these same rules then it's an un-official record.

The other passes where the mph was off it was WAAAYYY off. Don's was only 4mph off from his previous best. From my experience it's most likely a true mph because he spun early in the run and that can lead to higher than normal trap speed's. Also spinning early in the run will cause the 1/8 to be slower so it will effect the mph the car picks up from 1/8-1/4.

I spun on one of my old 1/4 passes years ago. It normally went 144 to the 1/8 and 184 to the 1/4. On the pass where I spun and peddled it I went 140 and 187. It's common knowledge some tire spin in the front half of the track can increase trap speed's in the 1/4.

I agree with Dusty's assesment... This has happened to me at a much slower pace;) but not using a brake and the way I drive always had a bad 60 & 1/8th and a higher then "normal" mph out the back door...

I am no expert by any means, but I think Dusty nailed the explanation...

The Cruz missle is one bad machine:cool:

Don already posted an explanation last night. He said he had calls and text messages about this so the real explanation has been floating around for hours now. Not like you guys figured this out on your own. Dusty knows his stuff and like he said has been there before. Just seems like posting this morning the possible answer to a situation that has been resolved is irrelevant now. As far as backing it up...soft launch will again lower the 60ft and put up the same MPH. He may not want to do it that way but he could if you guys make him back it up to be official. I say let it be.
Congratulations to him again!

Left lane only, my old slow car went 172 mph, 125 mph eight got crocked and lifted and got back in it
so no way that my car went 172 mph,
later oc,