dolby pro logic in my car?

E

Eighty2Regal

I think it would be cool to have dolby pro logic in my car surround sound. Do you know of where i could get an encoder?? I just want dolby prologic surround i have no need for digital since i dont have dvd in my car.

you do know that the only benefit of surround sound is if your watching a movie right.....

Rockford has one for you. Sound cool with music. Try to look into a Audiocontrol's ESP-3.

Hey 82,
There is evidently more to "surround sound" than just watching a movie (so I thought). I did some research and found out that USAC will be having its first ever surround sound in car competitions sponsored by DTS and in cooperation with Car Sound and Performance Magazine.

They are lifting the bar on sound quality by seperating the music into 5 distinct channels (makes alot of sense to me) left, right, center, back left and back right plus a 6th channel for bass. These systems will be set up with 5.1 surround sound special software for set up and testing which will be given to 10,000 USAC members and available for sale to non-members. Here are some available links to get more information on:

www.carsound.com

www.dtsentertainment.com

as u said, BIG difference between pro logic and Digital (DTS). Pro-logic is horrible, mono limited bandwidth surround with limited bandwidth center also...very bad for music.

I still think the surround on music is not quite right. I've tried it with my home DTS set-up...just not that good. To see the benefit of DTS for music, you need music that is encoded as such.....no music on a standard CD has that....just SACD or DVD-Audio.

I know what you mean Bradley, I was playing with my home theater set up and you cant play regular music Cds and get the same effect as a VHS or DVD movie. I think Biggs is going to do a DTS set up in his Buick because he is IASCA and USAC and you know he going to keep up with the "Joneses" :D . He did tell me that Clarion is giving him $10,000.00 worth of gear to put in his Buick this year.

If I could be lucky enough to hit the lottery, I know I will be in the judging lanes right behind Gary playing "catch-up" LOL.