Does anyone have OEM floormats?

Part 2
Pic 1=Kirbans on left, 86 GN on the right
Pic 2=close up showing the slot and wide rubber lip on the 86 GN mat
Pic 3=Right and Left 86 GN mats. Notice GM logo on passengers mat
Pic 4=Backside of 86 GN mat showing the wire molded into the backing.

I originally bought Kirbans mat because I was pissed that I had worn a hole in my original and I wanted something close to it. But than I was pissed because the passengers mat didn't have the GM logo so I replaced them with the Graphite colored GM acessory mat. If you look in the very first pic in the last post you'll see that somebody screwed up and put the GM logo on upside down.I've sold dozens of these mats and this is the only screw up I've seen so I kept them in my car because of that. You really don't notice that the mats are a tad bit lighter in color when they are in the car. And they are about the right width so they don't bunch up under the pedals.:smile:

Attachments

• Erics Pix 1048.jpg
    Erics Pix 1048.jpg
    14.7 KB · Views: 358
  • Erics Pix 1049.jpg
    Erics Pix 1049.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 360
  • Erics Pix 1050.jpg
    Erics Pix 1050.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 366
  • Erics Pix 1051.jpg
    Erics Pix 1051.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 360
kirban 2 cents worth

We never claimed in our descriptions of having the small GM logo on the passenger floor mat. The company that makes them I am sure to do that small insert wold ad more cost to the mat. Reminds me of what GM has now done with all the 2006 and Up car models by putting that same GM logo on the side of the cars. On the Vettes it really looks weird as far as placement of that GM logo goes.

Again to my knowledge our company is the only retail source that offers the basic correct format for the carpet floor mats or carpet savers. You know the real reason GM ran out of them years ago?

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

owned many of them over the years

kirban 2 cents worth

What you have bought is the ones that were sold as an accessory and not 100% identical to what would have come in your car from the factory and have the proper trunk ID code. Trunk ID code would start with a letter B. GM calls them front carpet savers.

The good news is the passenger side is 100% dead on correct. The bad news is the driver side has the slit I refer to on both sides. The factory version only had the inner slit which is like the black ones we have sold for years. Our supplier makes that version for us and the version you got pictured for all the other sources.

It is a GM mat it is correct in a way since it was a accessory item the only difference being it is not exact to what came from the factory. Why they made two versions I have no idea, GM did not consult me on that. Member GM is not in the restoriation business but the parts business. Perhaps they had several suppliers.

If you got a good deal on them you did ok......

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

past owner of quite a number of these cars

I picked these up but they are not exactly the same... Any ideas?

Those are FWD mats........Er Carpet Savers.

The GM Accessory mats in my picture and in the first post are the RWD mats. I'll try and dig up the numbers for the graphite mats later. Are you looking for the gray mats? I have a set for my 82 Regal 455 and the GM numbers are 12344132 Front and 12344144 rear.

Kind of hi-jacking but here's a pic of the emblem from a 86 Pontiac GrandPrix floor mat. Now I'm wondering why GM and Buick didn't put a Tri-Shield emblem on them like they did back in the 60's.:mad:

Attachments

• Erics Pix 458.jpg
    Erics Pix 458.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 329
Eric you need to stop wearing those high heels when you drive the Buicks around. Your killing those mats!! :eek: :D

Dennis
do your mats have the spikes on the back to keep them from sliding around?

i have seen a lot of pictures but not the back or comparo of yours vs the factory

Dennis
do your mats have the spikes on the back to keep them from sliding around?

i have seen a lot of pictures but not the back or comparo of yours vs the factory

kirban 2 cents worth

Contact my office on them...yes that have the rubber like spike son them to prevent moving ...

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com
Ours also have the factory format lacking only the small GM logo on the passenger side.

I have a set of the original vinyl mats for 84GN as well. Photos?
Conrad
Hot Air

kirban 2 cents worth

Contact my office on them...yes that have the rubber like spike son them to prevent moving ...

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com
Ours also have the factory format lacking only the small GM logo on the passenger side.

i did and ordered,

impressed and surprised by the likeness and quality to originals

thumbs up