Does anyone have OEM floormats?

turbo39151

anycoloraslongasitsblack
I'm looking for a pic of OEM GM T-Type floormats (grey interior)

Please post one if you've got them

A company called Modern Day Muscle sells these correct original mats.find them at MODERN DAY MUSCLE - HOME
The fronts are $36.49,The rears are $19.95
That is a great deal.I wish they carried the black ones:(
Hope this helps
Dave

Attachments

• floormatsgray.jpg
    floormatsgray.jpg
    4.1 KB · Views: 711
  • NOSrearfloormatsMEDGRY.jpg
    NOSrearfloormatsMEDGRY.jpg
    5.1 KB · Views: 718
I saw those but are they really OEM for that year? I have black floor mats in my GN from Kirban that do not look anything like that...:confused:

Those mats look good in the car. I have a set that I put in mine and saved the OEM ones. They are not as plush as the stockers, but they do the job and are cheap. I imagine a set of OEM plush greys would be considerably more money. You will notice in this old picture that the originals have a grey GM square and not a black one. The drivers side has a cutout and they both have rubber points on the back to hold it in place.

Attachments

• Tiano Motorsports Fabrication Laptop holder 06 (Large).jpg
    Tiano Motorsports Fabrication Laptop holder 06 (Large).jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 687
Those mats in the link are GM Accessory mats. Kind of generic floor mats for RWD cars. I run the charcoal mats in my GN as they never offered black ones. You'd have to look close on a brighty sunny day to see they are dark gray instead of black. I run those exact same gray mats in my 82 Regal 455 car. Unless you know what you are looking at than nobody will know any different. They fit good enough in a Regal. No clumping under the pedals or stuff like that. I like the fact that they have the square GM logo on them like the stockers.;)

Just a quick note... I have been told that there are two variations with these mats. Apparently there is a set that has vinyl edging and another that has threaded edging.

Anyone have a pic of the OEM stuff... (closeup)

My 84 GN came with the vinyl edged mats. I'll look in the garage to see if I can find them.

It took awhile, but I finally found them. They are actually all vinyl. It has been a couple of years since I last saw them. I know in 84, Buick offered all vinyl and ones with carpet insterts. I looked in the dealer books I have and didn't see any pictures on the carpeted mats. I'll clean mine up tomarrow and post pictures.

Here are the pictures of the rear mats. I'm still looking for the fronts. They're somewhere in the garage.

Attachments

• floor mat 2.jpg
    floor mat 2.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 552
Here is a pic from my T with the rubber mats. I bought the carpeted mats above. I still have the rubber fronts.

Attachments

• dash.JPG
    dash.JPG
    88.9 KB · Views: 508
Finally found the fronts. Being an 84 GN they are grey instead of black like the other years.

Attachments

• floor mat 4.jpg
    floor mat 4.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 459
kirbans 2 cents worth

here is the straight scoop on carpeted floor mats or as GM refers to them carpet savers. We only offer the black ones because that is where the demand is which would be correct for all Grand Nationals and GNXs. We offer them plain, embroidered with turbo logo and Grand National spelled out.

As far as OEM is concerned they only came in plain black in the Grand Nationals. If you have T-Type or Turbo-T they had carpeted floor mats to match your color carpet. One of the biggest companies that makes carpeted floor mats today is Auto Custom carpet out of Alabama.

They are fully GM licensed on the logo carpeted black mats we sell. Originally from GM the passenger side carpeted mat only had the small GM logo square near the top as someone has shown prior to my imput.

Where it gets complicated is, the drivers side GM offered two versions. The version that came from the factory and would appear as a code on your trunk ID and window sticker matches 100% the format we sell. It only has a slit on the one side of the drivers floor mat. The universal one that was an accessory carpeted floor mat from GM had a slit on both sides of the drivers carpeted floor mat.

I just sold a white Turbo-T with a grey gut and I bought two sets of correct GM style OEM floor mats. One set for the car and extra set to sell. These would be correct however remember we do not have the small GM logo on the passenger mat but the format and cut design is 100% correct to what GM would have put in your car from the factory. No one I am aware of has repro carepet floor mats that have that small GM logo on the passenger carpeted floor mat.

Course another reason original GM carpeted floor mats are tough to find today is after our cars were built they went with front wheel drive so that ended that style of floor mats.

If interested in the set I got email me direct denniskirban@yahoo.com if you have not found what you wanted.

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Past owner of many Turbo Regals even some with good original paint.

The other version that all the other companies sell has a cutout on the left and the rite on the drivers floor mat.

Shameless Plug For The Competitions Parts

Okay Dennis you owe me one.;)
Well since I have all of the floor mats mentioned in this thread I finally got around to taking some pictures.
Pic 1=4 drivers side floor mats. From L-R Stock 86 GN,Kirbans,GM Assy Graphite,GM Assy Gray
Pic 2=86 GN on top of GM Assy Graphite. Notice contour and slight color variation
Pic 3=86 GN on top of GM Assy Graphite. Notice contour and slight color variation
Pic 4=86 GN on top of Kirbans. Notice the contour is almost an exact match like Dennis stated.
Pic 5=86 GN on top of Kirbans. Notice the contour is almost an exact match.

Attachments

• Erics Pix 1043.jpg
    Erics Pix 1043.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 429
  • Erics Pix 1044.jpg
    Erics Pix 1044.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 415
  • Erics Pix 1045.jpg
    Erics Pix 1045.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 441
  • Erics Pix 1046.jpg
    Erics Pix 1046.jpg