Dodge Colt Turbo

It is probably the reason most Colt turbos were wrecked. It is still my favorite car and it was well worth the 24 year search for the right one. Mine has never even been in the rain and spent the last 20 years in a heated garage.

Okay I just have to ask the question.....WTF buys an econobox and stashes it away?:confused: Somebody must have had quite a hard-on for that car.

I think the reason you never saw many was because they were a cheap import. Use them and throw them away. Life span was a couple of years out of warranty. When they broke the parts were expensive. Resale value was zilch. Torque steer? Give me a break. You just don't know how to drive the POS. You want torque steer? Try a 84-85 Riviera T-Type!

Do the math. How's the power to weight ratio? Still think it's faster than a TR? Kind of hard to drive that car fast when the top speed barely breaks into the triple digits.

back in HS my buddy had both. A GLH Charger and a Colt Turbo. he liked the colt more, but the Dodge was much faster.

Okay I just have to ask the question.....WTF buys an econobox and stashes it away?:confused: Somebody must have had quite a hard-on for that car.

Probably so, but I'm sure right now somewhere in this world someone has a pristine Dodge SRT-4 (you know....the turbocharged Dodge Neon) stashed away so in 30 years it'll "hopefully" bring twice what the seller paid for it. I think people figure due to muscle cars, that a turbo car will one day be worth something, 4 cylinder or not.

I think the reason you never saw many was because they were a cheap import. Use them and throw them away. Life span was a couple of years out of warranty. When they broke the parts were expensive. Resale value was zilch. Torque steer? Give me a break. You just don't know how to drive the POS. You want torque steer? Try a 84-85 Riviera T-Type!

Do the math. How's the power to weight ratio? Still think it's faster than a TR? Kind of hard to drive that car fast when the top speed barely breaks into the triple digits.

I'd say that there are guys over on a Lambo or Ferrari site saying similar things about the mid 80's Buicks.....Its all relative. Like I said originally it is a nastalgia thing. There are nice classic cars from the 30's and 40's that book at a hundred grand and more that I wouldn't give you a dime for because they mean nothing too me. Likewise there are cars like the turbo regals and yes colt turbos that bring back good memories to us and inturn may mean more to us than a faster or more expensive ride. I don't remember the actual hp but I think it was only around 115 or 120 or so but it only weighed around 1600 lbs and could corner like a porsche 911. I did get mine to 115 mph and was still climbing when I let off. I was 18 and had more cahonies and less brains back then.

As I figured

Hey Guys (gals)

My response to an archival post of three years ago has really got your GNX panties in a bunch. (and over my little car). It's like when I owned a RHD Fairlady 240Z and I went to a Z club meeting in Dallas. At the end of the meeting they said "Z you later" and I knew I was better off appreciating the car on my terms.
1dollardog has the right attitude. The rest of you should start searching for black XXL Members Only jackets on Ebay.
As expected, another condescending approach to tomorrow's classics. In ten years though, I will bet that my car is worth more than yours. Any takers ?
Until then, Happy motoring ! Peace

OK GTS

Everyone has played nice on here but you keep runnin your c**k holster!!
Nobody gives a crap about your colt on here! You just bought and then you decide to come to a TB forum and dig up a old azz post and start bashing on us!

You been suckin to long on that 1.5" down pipe if you think your car will ever be worth more than a TB!!

What did ya pay for that pristine colt 5 grand? That might buy you a wrecked parts car on here!!

Turbo Buick = mystique, muscle, nostalgia, and so on...
Turbo Colt = Ghay, real car wanna be

Theirs a little condesension for ya!!!

Have a nice Day.

Cars came along way from 1984 to 1988.

He probably bought it new in '84, had it paid for by 1988, bought a far superior car in 1988 and drove that, instead of trading in the colt that he would take a resale bath on he just kept it in the garage and piled crap on it for 20 years.

I seriously doubt he built a shrine around it or bought it as an "investment".

Hey Guys (gals)

My response to an archival post of three years ago has really got your GNX panties in a bunch. (and over my little car). It's like when I owned a RHD Fairlady 240Z and I went to a Z club meeting in Dallas. At the end of the meeting they said "Z you later" and I knew I was better off appreciating the car on my terms.
1dollardog has the right attitude. The rest of you should start searching for black XXL Members Only jackets on Ebay.
As expected, another condescending approach to tomorrow's classics. In ten years though, I will bet that my car is worth more than yours. Any takers ?

You live in Dallas?

I live 30 minutes away, max.

When you get that turbo colt running the best it will ever run, PM me an will meet somewhere to race.

If you want to "road race" I'll Bring my Turbo Trans Am.

We'll see if you can back up "you may never beat one either".

Wanna bet you'll get your ass handed to you?

MMMM, that one on ebay in mint condition with 24,000 miles brought 10 grand..I wonder what an 86-87 turbo regal would bring with the same miles and condition ? Twice as much maybe ? How many boards are dedicated to the turbo buick as compared to the turbo colt ? Maybe if there was a Fast and the Furious back then..

MMMM, that one on ebay in mint condition with 24,000 miles brought 10 grand..I wonder what an 86-87 turbo regal would bring with the same miles and condition ?

That wasn't a 1984 Colt Turbo. That was a 1986 Shelby GLHS, an actual 1 of 500 ever made collector car.

WAYYY faster than a colt Turbo.

Again, a Colt Turbo is 1984 fast (when 1984 Corvettes ran 15.5's) and not 1986 Fast (when 1986 GN's ran 13.9s)

Hey Guys (gals)

you don't have a pic of your colt, do you? I would just like to see this so called car.

Here is car in question:

0adc13.jpg

Wow... 0-50 in under 6 seconds :rolleyes:

Yeah I'm sure these turbo Colts will end up at a Barrett Jackson auction real soon going for around 50k, and all these muscle car owners will be jumping at the chance to get one.:rolleyes:

You say you have a fast Colt, that's great. I'm sure it's fast, anything can be made fast nowadays. Hell I like all kinds of fast cars regardless of make or brand. But to compare a Colt to a GN...sorry but a turbo Colt will NEVER have the same following as a GN. With an attitude like that here it's no wonder the guys in the Z club told you to take a hike.;)

What? The car can't make it to 60 MPH!

Yeah I would wear a helmet too (So nobody would know I was driving a egg)!!!!

That thing screams SEXY!! :rolleyes: :eek:

LOL, wow GTS that Turbo Colt is a sexy beast, damn that cars gonna bring at least 30K in 10 years because so many people are going to love it's looks and power and pay big $$ for that rare find.

I'm into small turbo cars too ( ones that look cooler and make WAY more power ), but let's stay on planet earth in this thread. The OP didn't come in talking smack about some import looking Dodge, let's keep it like that.

What? The car can't make it to 60 MPH!

IT will do 60, but it won't get there until over 7 seconds and 5.78 sounds so much faster.

My Wife's new Saturd Vue does 0-60 in 7.1 seconds. If GTS doesn't want a piece of one of my LC2's, maybe he'll race my wife in her kid hauler.

He might beat her to 50 mph, but after that I'm predicting he will see nothing but SUV tailights.

Hahahah, Wow, that car looks like a piece of turd! :eek:

I think im going to have to vote that as one of the ugliest cars ever made.

Try not to get hit by any 5 mph bicyclists on the street GTS, your car might not survive! :D