Dodge Colt Turbo

I had customers in from Japan Ailines in yesterday and as we drove down airport freeway they saw the huge Mitusbishi flag at the dealership in Irving.

He pointed, chuckled and in broken english said "In our country Mitisubishi is the low class car" while simultaneously making a thumbs down gesture.

Whodathunkit?

I still laugh at the NA Colt(maybe it was a Champ?:confused: ) that an old GF had back around the time I picked up my GN in the 80's. TwinStick? What is that? Some shaving razor? Okay according to the AlGore Internet a 1986 turbo Colt had 102 ponies and would do 0-60 in 6.9 and the quarter in 16.80. Whoop-tee-do! Out corner a Porsche? Dood! A Porsche can do triple digit speeds at any track you pick. How you going to beat it in the corners, through a corner, over a corner?

Take a lesson from this post GTS. I've owned a CosworthVega going on 28 years now. Do a search if you don't have a clue to what it is. More or less the hottest 4 banger of the 70's. Hell of a lot better known than your Turbo Colt.So yes I can relate and also mock you at the same time. I've watched them over the last 33 years and they aint the investment that I thought they would be. Yeah sure they are up in value but so is everything else. Just to say you have the last running example on the face of the Earth isn't going to make you rich overnight. Chevy made 3500 of them. I figure there at least 300-400 of them still in running condition. And maybe 30-50 of those are in mint low mile fresh off the showroom condition. I've never seen one at B-J because the sellers know darn well that aint the best place to make a buck. The last one I saw had a reserve of over $15K on eBay. The original sticker had a MSRP of around $6500 back in 1975. Wow! Nothing like loosing your a$$ saving a car for the next schmuck. Have a nice life.

Hey lets turn this into another pocket rocket thread. Anybody own a Turbo Sprint, Turbo EXP or other under 2 liter turbo car? Oh and it has to be 10 years old or older.

Oh! And bring it on. After UNGNs other half gets done with you and if your car is still running I'd want a piece of you. I was just reading the rule book for SCCA Solo2. It looks like your car sits in HS. That's AAAch Stock. The lowest classifacation for showroom stock cars. I once built a 83 Regal with a 4.1/4V to compete in G/Stock. A couple of years ago it got reclassed and bumped down to HS. How you going to take the lick'n when you get beat by Grandmas Regal? :rolleyes:

Who cares about fast anyway when a car is so frackin ugly??? OMG!!!!!!

And it's fast, huh? Tell ya what, my car has the original block. Go find every bolt on you can for that piece and come look me up. We'll see who's fast. I'd run ya for pinks, but then I'd be stuck with your car.

Don't shoot me for this but I'm looking for a mid 80's Dodge Colt turbo. I had one back in the late 80's when I was in highschool but I never see them now adays. Does anyone even know where to look. I've scanned ebay and autotrader but no luck. Looking for 83-85 models.
Thanks...
Steve

Steve GOOD LUCK!

A suggestion to finding one is see if there is a website for these cars. Usually someone is selling them.

Steve GOOD LUCK!

A suggestion to finding one is see if there is a website for these cars. Usually someone is selling them.

Yeah I've scoped over most of the turbo dodge and Mitsu sites. I can find the later years but the 84 is a rare bird to locate. Most people that have them want to keep them.

I love the guy in the racing suit and helmet. I would have been scared ****less to test drive one of those after seeing that ad.

I love the guy in the racing suit and helmet. I would have been scared ****less to test drive one of those after seeing that ad.

Yeah. Not sure if it was a good selling point or not. The ad states that the power to weight ratio is 19.77 lbs for every one hp. Just curious, what is the power to weight ratio for a stock 87 GN?

Yeah. Not sure if it was a good selling point or not. The ad states that the power to weight ratio is 19.77 lbs for every one hp. Just curious, what is the power to weight ratio for a stock 87 GN?

About 14 lbs/HP with the "advertised" HP, 12 lbs/HP with the "Actual" HP, car and Driver said their test car had in 1986, based on its 4.9 second 0-60 time and 13.9 second 1/4 mile time.

i was just wondering how the guy thinks that car will be worth more then any of our cars in the future? it's not even american iron. oop's , did i say iron? the car was made for dodge by mitsu. even that should show you what it's worth that dodge seen an oppertunity to buy a cheaply made car from japan just to turn a quick buck. my guess is in another 20 years gnx's could be close to hemi $ based on rarity and reg. gn's worth alot more then he wants to believe. when he passes on and they find that car in a garage doe's he really believe sombodies gonna go "holysh*t, look what i just scored"!

89 mitsu mirage

heres a pic of my 87 gn and my brothers 89 mirage turbo original paint and upholstry very clean car took out the 1.6 put in the 2.0 from a 91 eclipse. Lots of fun.....
08-31-07_0420.jpg

cough, cough,crap,cough,colt

i've seen some stool carts that would give that colt a run for it's money, green ones :wink:

My friend has one for sale, its newer than the ones posted, its a mirage/colt...anyways, it has a 4G63 in it and it hauls ass. It was swapped a couple of years ago and runs strong.

hi,

i´ve got a very good looking dodge colt gts turbo (ltd. in black - one of 200).. it was since 20 years in a garage and now out of them ready to fly :D

here some pics of the colt:
enter .coltmania.de/download/file.php?id=5410&mode=view
enter .coltmania.de/download/file.php?id=5411&mode=view

after 20 years the car needs 30 seconds to start the engine..
enter .youtube.com/watch?v=m1JNqBtEmAY]YouTube - Mitsubishi Colt Turbo A150 // Dogde // Racing

in few weeks the car will be for sale at ebay.. if somebody is interested, so let me know .. but its a long trip to germany to pick up the pocket rocket :D :D

kind regards
rené

hi,

i´ve got a very good looking dodge colt gts turbo (ltd. in black - one of 200).. it was since 20 years in a garage and now out of them ready to fly :D

here some pics of the colt:
enter .coltmania.de/download/file.php?id=5410&mode=view
enter .coltmania.de/download/file.php?id=5411&mode=view

after 20 years the car needs 30 seconds to start the engine..
enter .youtube.com/watch?v=m1JNqBtEmAY]YouTube - Mitsubishi Colt Turbo A150 // Dogde // Racing

in few weeks the car will be for sale at ebay.. if somebody is interested, so let me know .. but its a long trip to germany to pick up the pocket rocket :D :D

kind regards
rené

This thread just keeps getting dug up from the grave. Can you post better links to the pics? Can't quite figure those out. Yeah Germany isn't exactly just down the street is it?
Thanks, Steve

The mirage turbo is the way to go! or if your broke like me just get a plymouth laser turbo or mitsu eclipse or a eagle talon. DSM powa.

mine will run like hell with smiple upgrades.

Way back in the day i had a 87 shelby daytona turbo2 2.5l intercooled it was fun. my brother got a 86 charger 2.2 turbo1.