Do you want E-85...??????

In my statement,I mentioned 3 truths about E85
1. No group of American citizens cried out for a fuel that is prohibitively expensive,absorbs water,and causes fuel mileage to suffer.
2. Ethanol is being forced on us under the guise of saving the planet from certain destruction.
3.Money is being taken from tax payers and given to the ethanol industry so they can get their product to the consumers at a competitive price.

Are you saying that all of these statements are untrue or just 1 or 2 of them. Please show us how any of these 3 statement are untrue.

#1 FALSE
#2 FALSE
#3 FALSE

First Educate yourself on the topic and then we can have a discussion .. what your spewing here is just NON-SENSE that you read on the Net or FAKE NEWS ..

Like the welfare, illegals. medicaid & the rest of the un-checked programs aren't costing taxpayers $$$$$$$ ? I don't think the farmers producing corn for many uses along w/ E-85 will be the topic on the 6 o'clock news......
You left one out, people who claim to be disabled and get disability benefits and free health care and then turn around and work jobs that pay under the table like my uncle did for 15 or 20 years. He can't do it now because his foot had to be amputated due to his diabetes.

Here southeast MI, there are no shortage of stations with E-85. Hopefully we still have in the future I do plan on switching over.

#1 FALSE
#2 FALSE
#3 FALSE

First Educate yourself on the topic and then we can have a discussion .. what your spewing here is just NON-SENSE that you read on the Net or FAKE NEWS ..
This is a very informative and fact filled rebuttal. Thank you.
Who are the people or groups of people that lobbied our all knowing government officials to provide us with a fuel that is prohibitively expensive to produce,absorbs water,and reduces fuel mileage.

This is a very informative and fact filled rebuttal. Thank you.
Who are the people or groups of people that lobbied our all knowing government officials to provide us with a fuel that is prohibitively expensive to produce,absorbs water,and reduces fuel mileage.

Ivan knows his stuff. I really wouldn't argue with him about E85.

Especially considering he is the only guy I know of that has a complete bolt on kit for E85 that gets your car into the 10s...dude knows his stuff, absolutely no doubt about that.

prohibitively expensive to produce,absorbs water,and reduces fuel mileage.

Cost to produce? I don't know so I won't comment.

Absorbs water: Yes. And that's a GOOD thing. Absorbing and dispersing the water in your fuel system allows that water to be passed out through the fuel injectors. Then it's GONE. That's much preferred over a puddle of water accumulating and sitting in the low points in the fuel system.

reduces fuel mileage: How's about increases fuel economy?? E85 is currently 30% to 50% cheaper than 87 here in ILL. My 2014 Silverado suffers a 15-20% decrease in fuel mileage on E85. I'm coming out way ahead on every mile on fuel economy $$..... not to mention the truck never ever pings and picks up 20HP when it's filled with E85. The GM 5.3 is factory tuned to take advantage of the fuel. Even a "regular" flex fuel vehicle that suffers the full 30% hit would at worst break even on fuel economy $ and still come out ahead on octane benefit.

I don't believe you when you claim that ethanol is subsidized. Everything I read shows the subsidies ended years ago, and it wasn't even the producers that got a break. Ref: www.ethanolRFA.org

It's not the power production that gets people hooked on E85,it's the quick spooling.
You stated that you were 20 miles away from E85.
I have no desire to force you to do anything in your life,nor do I have any desire to condemn you for any choices you make in your life.

I appreciate your response and don't feel as if you are forcing any opinion on anyone here.

My Precision 6765 spools plenty quick enough to make my car an easy mid 10's street car. Shooting for 10.4** @130 plus this Sunday in Tucson. We will see. My 60ft times will determine that outcome. :)

Honestly, a 20 mile trip each way wouldn't bother me that much, but it's actually 50 miles that I stated and that's just a bit much for me to justify, especially when the E85 (and as I also said, E55 in Phoenix) would probably sit in jugs for too long for me to take full advantage of.

I can run the same numbers on fresh 91 plus alky and get it anywhere, so until such time as E85/55 becomes more readily available in my area, I'll have to stick with what is working well for me.

Why fix what ain't broke?

Last edited:
I appreciate your response and don't feel as if you are forcing any opinion on anyone here. I am also aware of your E85 prowess and knowledge, as I have lurked and followed many of your threads .

My Precision 6765 spools plenty quick enough to make my car an easy mid 10's street car. Shooting for 10.4** @130 plus this Sunday in Tucson. We will see. My 60ft times will determine that outcome. :)

Honestly, a 20 mile trip each way wouldn't bother me that much, but it's actually 50 miles that I stated and that's just a bit much for me to justify, especially when the E85 (and as I also said, E55 in Phoenix) would probably sit in jugs for too long for me to take full advantage of.

I can run the same numbers on fresh 91 plus alky and get it anywhere, so until such time as E85/55 becomes more readily available in my area, I'll have to stick with what is working well for me.

Keep up the good E85 work!
100 miles is just too much.The right torque converter will affect spool time alot. E 85 helps the most in a situation where your torque converter doesn't get your engine where it needs to be to launch the car in a timely fashion and your intercoller isn't doing as good a job of cooling as you would hope. I was in this situation when I switched to E85.

Cost to produce? I don't know so I won't comment.

Absorbs water: Yes. And that's a GOOD thing. Absorbing and dispersing the water in your fuel system allows that water to be passed out through the fuel injectors. Then it's GONE. That's much preferred over a puddle of water accumulating and sitting in the low points in the fuel system.

reduces fuel mileage: How's about increases fuel economy?? E85 is currently 30% to 50% cheaper than 87 here in ILL. My 2014 Silverado suffers a 15-20% decrease in fuel mileage on E85. I'm coming out way ahead on every mile on fuel economy $$..... not to mention the truck never ever pings and picks up 20HP when it's filled with E85. The GM 5.3 is factory tuned to take advantage of the fuel. Even a "regular" flex fuel vehicle that suffers the full 30% hit would at worst break even on fuel economy $ and still come out ahead on octane benefit.

I don't believe you when you claim that ethanol is subsidized. Everything I read shows the subsidies ended years ago, and it wasn't even the producers that got a break. Ref: www.ethanolRFA.org

Steve .. it did end years ago ... take it from one that USED to Grow CORN .. It's BS like posts above by people that only mimic what they hear without actually having facts on the topic.

No point .. just let the guy think what he wants ... E85 isn't going anywhere for a while ... the biggest reason is because of experimentation with bio fuels to eliminate fossil fuels as a primary fuel source. It's a time race .. Bio Fuels VS electric power ... Fossil is on its way out big time.
In a very short time.. they won't need corn for E85 .. or should I say they won't be using CORN for Ethanol production .. there are at least 3 other world markets that will be emerging as dominant ethanol sources that will eclipse current US ethanol production by a far margin .... Corn based ethanol is on it's way out.

Redistribution of wealth ... as with all things .. $$$$ is the driver
Redistribution of wealth is the usual hidden agenda. What is their publicly stated goal? It is to reduce greenhouse gas emissions,specifically CO2. Why? Because of the THEORY called Man Made Climate change who's alter they worship at. The theory goes like this,Man made production of CO2 is having an adverse effect on the weather and as the percentage of CO2 rises we will see a greater frequency of sever weather and it will intensify in severity. They want to get rid of fossil fuels to lower CO2 levels to save the earth that we are destroying from certain destruction. This is their publicly stated goal.

Or, ya know, the fact that fossil fuels are a limited supply...one that we (the US) currently use more of than we can supply.

Or, ya know, the fact that fossil fuels are a limited supply...one that we (the US) currently use more of than we can supply.
Currently,E85 is used in 1 percent of the automobiles in the USA. Because of hydraulic fracturing,the USA is currently the number one producer of fossil fuels in the world with new sources being discovered all the time. The amount of energy in our ground puts Saudi Arabia to shame. We've always had great resources in the ground. The problem isn't that we can't produce. The problem is that politicians stop us from producing. We currently have a president that is allowing people to produce. This is one of many reasons that the economy is booming.

Currently,E85 is used in 1 percent of the automobiles in the USA. Because of hydraulic fracturing,the USA is currently the number one producer of fossil fuels in the world with new sources being discovered all the time. The amount of energy in our ground puts Saudi Arabia to shame. We've always had great resources in the ground. The problem isn't that we can't produce. The problem is that politicians stop us from producing. We currently have a president that is allowing people to produce. This is one of many reasons that the economy is booming.

At what expense is the question? I'm not going to cite sources because no matter which one I pick someone will surely just say it's a crap source if it goes against what they believe, but I have read about multiple people being hired to argue with anti-fracers on-line to raise public opinions on the matter. Arguments that they themselves said were garbage and they really believed it to be a bad thing but didn't care because they were getting a nice pay check. At some point we need to draw the line where we need to stop destroying the planet just to make a buck, and I wonder if we've already passed that line. I guess time will tell.

There is no longer a subsidy for ethanol, but there is a mandate to used a specific volume, which is slightly greater than 10% of the gasoline market. This is why nearly all gasoline is E10.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Renewable_Fuel_Standard_(United_States)
What does the word mandate mean. When something is mandated it is being forced on someone under penalty of law. When I stated earlier that ethanol was being forced on us,I was mocked.
How do refineries distill ethanol ,sell it at $1.50 per gallon,and make a profit without subsides?
Why does the cost of E85 rise and fall in direct proportion to the rising and falling prices of gasoline when it contains only 15% gasoline?
Why are refineries forced to add 10% ethanol to there gasoline?

At some point we need to draw the line where we need to stop destroying the planet just to make a buck.
So,you agree with my earlier statement that Ethanol is being forced on us under the guise of saving the planet from certain destruction that we are causing by burning fossil fuels. I was mocked for saying this earlier. This also means that you believe that we can change the weather by burning one fuel instead of the other. Remember that the offensive poly atomic/greenhouse gas that is blamed for the destruction is CO2. Have you ever compared the CO2 output of a gasoline engine running on gasoline vs one running on E85? Have you ever monitored the CO2 output of the diesel engines of the tractors that plow the fields and plant and harvest the corn?

So,you agree with my earlier statement that Ethanol is being forced on us under the guise of saving the planet from certain destruction that we are causing by burning fossil fuels. I was mocked for saying this earlier. This also means that you believe that we can change the weather by burning one fuel instead of the other. Remember that the offensive poly atomic/greenhouse gas that is blamed for the destruction is CO2. Have you ever compared the CO2 output of a gasoline engine running on gasoline vs one running on E85? Have you ever monitored the CO2 output of the diesel engines of the tractors that plow the fields and plant and harvest the corn?

The first sentence seems to be an exaggeration. I don't recall anyone saying it was going to save the planet. Some fuels do burn cleaner than others. And no, I have not monitored tractor emissions on various fuels.