Do you own a RACE car or STREET car?

Do you own a RACE car or STREET car?

• I own a RACE car with a bar or cage. (Race car ONLY)

Votes: 9 6.8%
  • I own a STREET car without a bar or cage. (Street car ONLY)

Votes: 96 72.7%
  • I own a STREET car with a bar or cage with limited track time.

Votes: 27 20.5%

• Total voters
Sounds like a poll is needed.

Street car no bar.........:biggrin:

I have a street car which I race every now and then and the track officials told me to have a 6 pt. roll bar (with removable, swing-out side bars) installed...

Claude. :)

I own a street car that I race. Plates and insurance are current as well as the chassis cert and my NHRA license.

There should be one more option to your list Brett. How about street cars with no cage that frequent the track once or twice a year and get booted out.:redface:

There should be one more option to your list Brett. How about street cars with no cage that frequent the track once or twice a year and get booted out.:redface:

I would fall into that catagory. I chose street car due to no roll bar.

well with more lawyers lookin for a "job" I think tracks are getting stricter.. Although after thinkin here a second there are more and more 10 sec street cars out there now. Everyone knows how I voted :eek: :p

9 sec STREET car with no bar or cage that frequents the track several times a month and has never been booted out.

1 more option added to the above :biggrin:

I almost went back and put that in but I was really looking to see who had a bar/cage vs. who didn't. Trying to see how many guys are dedicated racers vs. who has primarily a street car. The 3rd option listed was just put in there so people (Grumpy:biggrin:) didn't scream at me for not listing a car with a bar/cage...:)

I know there are plenty of guys who have no bar/cage that frequent the track and get kicked out. Hopefully I will be one of them if this thing ever gets finished.

Don't know about you guys but getting booted from the track sucks. Especially when you get banned from the one closest to you.

Locals tracks are enforcing rules and won't let me run under 11.5 so I put a bar in. Driving it on the street is ok except I have had 2 attempts of theft and am sick of fixing weatherstripping and columns.

Street legal regal with no bar or cage that knows its way down the 1/4. TTA has a roll bar just not installed yet :)
cid_8320827F-B9A5-4465-8FA9-06F5BB8.jpg

I own a race car with a cage and I own a street car without a bar/cage. :)

You forgot that option.

The 3rd option listed was just put in there so people (Grumpy:biggrin:) didn't scream at me for not listing a car with a bar/cage...:)

hahaha... welll I consider all my cars "just cars" . I would NOT cut up a 16k mile car :eek: I'd leave it alone as a stocker. Put it in the mid 11s and leave it alone! Thats why I sold my TTA stage 2 project. It was a 10k car . I hadn't "cut" anything on the car.
...We got tired of getting kicked out to.. PITA goin to a track 6 hours away and having tech coming over after every run "looking" at the car for some other safety stuff. Then kicking us out unless we slow it down.. Welll that isn't goin to happen :p