Digital LED Tailights for the TR

tracking # ups

I'm still looking for my tracking # for the lights. Are they on the way, when did they ship .
595 S. East St. Alhambra IL 62001.

To those of you who have NOT recived a tracking number it's because the company only sent out 20 kits yesterday (due to a chip change in the boards)and will be sending out the next 15 kits ASAP. Everyone WILL recive a tracking number as soon as I recive them from the company! ;)

Thanks!
Scot W.
Brian Verson yours is in the next batch to go out Very soon. As the post above says I will let everyone know when I recive there tracking number from the company.

Scot W.

Received my lights and decided I would try and install them today. Here is a few issues that I have with the kit.

1 - The kit did not have the t-splice connectors that are suppsed to be included. It came with 5 regular butt connectors but they are useless if you plan to not cut your stock bulb connectors out (I assume most of us won't be cutting the stock connectors off). Not that big a deal. Quick trip to the store and all set.

2 - The directions are vague at best and not very detailed. They are missing quite a few steps you need to do to remove the black out trim from the lens. Have fun trying to figure out how to remove the plastic license plate assembly. Looks like you need to flex the bumper fillers pretty hard to get it over the screws that are welded to the body and I'm not chancing cracking those. You're gonna need to find a different point to tie in the wires to the factory harness. Best spot seems to be in the drivers rear corner of the trunk. Lift up your carpet and you'll see the connector for the flashers. Green, brown and yellow. Also a nice ground screw is located there as opposed to drilling into the trunk latch as the directions state. You'll also notice the directions show the dip switch for sequential is to the right. That is wrong as the switch should be in the left hand position. That is the position they shipped in but the directions make you think otherwise.

3 - Here is where I am stuck as of now. I assembled the passenger side LED's and decided to try them before I began splicing. I attached the Orange wire to the trunk light orange wire in the upper drivers corner of the trunk. I then attached the 2 brown wires together and then the 2 yellow and 2 green that come from the led lights as well as the 2 black ground wires. I then attached the 2 ground wires to the screw i mentioned above and the others to the corresponding colors on the factory harness.

As of now the lights will light up fine for running and brake. They look sweet but when you turn the blinker on all you get is steady light no flashing. They will not flash with the factory bulbs removed from the sockets. It seems the flasher relay needs a certain load or you get nothing. I assume that because with the lights still connected I put the stock bulbs back in and they flashed ALONG with the new LED's. Excited but concerned. The third flash of the sequential led's was very erratic and not smooth at all and continued intermittently with the flashers on. I have stopped the install because I don't see how it will work with the stock bulbs removed.

I'm hoping its just me missing something simple but my first impression is that the system is a great idea but may have been produced too fast without enough R&D.

Any help is appreciated to finish the install or I'm going back to stock.

Thanks

Scot,

Directions seem to not mention sealing the screw holes with the mounting screws in them & no (rubber) warshers in the kit. I may have to make some if unable to locate any at the local parts store.

The kits appear to be well made. What is this chip mentioned in an earlier post?

Tooch36,

Directions state "an electronic flasher may be necessary, as the mechanical flasher most likely won't flash the led lights" - $18 at Advance Auto Parts.

I wouldnt worry about recieving the product, very nice guy to talk with, im sure it has something to do with shipping.
Call him if you have a issue.

BW

Great guy. Just that the shipping was overnight, and it's been about 5 days since they shipped so I'm getting worried they are lost in transit. :(

You have a pm, great guy to talk with..

Bowling green is this next week, so he might be busy

Bw

Received my lights and decided I would try and install them today. Here is a few issues that I have with the kit.

1 - The kit did not have the t-splice connectors that are suppsed to be included. It came with 5 regular butt connectors but they are useless if you plan to not cut your stock bulb connectors out (I assume most of us won't be cutting the stock connectors off). Not that big a deal. Quick trip to the store and all set.

2 - The directions are vague at best and not very detailed. They are missing quite a few steps you need to do to remove the black out trim from the lens. Have fun trying to figure out how to remove the plastic license plate assembly. Looks like you need to flex the bumper fillers pretty hard to get it over the screws that are welded to the body and I'm not chancing cracking those. You're gonna need to find a different point to tie in the wires to the factory harness. Best spot seems to be in the drivers rear corner of the trunk. Lift up your carpet and you'll see the connector for the flashers. Green, brown and yellow. Also a nice ground screw is located there as opposed to drilling into the trunk latch as the directions state. You'll also notice the directions show the dip switch for sequential is to the right. That is wrong as the switch should be in the left hand position. That is the position they shipped in but the directions make you think otherwise.

3 - Here is where I am stuck as of now. I assembled the passenger side LED's and decided to try them before I began splicing. I attached the Orange wire to the trunk light orange wire in the upper drivers corner of the trunk. I then attached the 2 brown wires together and then the 2 yellow and 2 green that come from the led lights as well as the 2 black ground wires. I then attached the 2 ground wires to the screw i mentioned above and the others to the corresponding colors on the factory harness.

As of now the lights will light up fine for running and brake. They look sweet but when you turn the blinker on all you get is steady light no flashing. They will not flash with the factory bulbs removed from the sockets. It seems the flasher relay needs a certain load or you get nothing. I assume that because with the lights still connected I put the stock bulbs back in and they flashed ALONG with the new LED's. Excited but concerned. The third flash of the sequential led's was very erratic and not smooth at all and continued intermittently with the flashers on. I have stopped the install because I don't see how it will work with the stock bulbs removed.

I'm hoping its just me missing something simple but my first impression is that the system is a great idea but may have been produced too fast without enough R&D.

Any help is appreciated to finish the install or I'm going back to stock.

Thanks
Sorry for the very long delay (Tooch). We had very bad storms come through here yesterday and knocked out power for me.

**Please keep in mind this is a very new product and we might have to work out some bugs before it's perfect. Please bear with me on this and we will find a solution to everything!

Well let's get started here,
Answer to questions above:

Answer for question #1= I recomended that the company use the "T" blocks to splice the wires, when mentioned it to them and I was told they would send something very similar so I was fine with that. I recived My kit finally on friday so some of you recived yours before I recived my own. When I opened the box I saw just a couple things that were suposed to be there but are not. ( "T" blocks, Instructions on the silicone to seal the screw heads, and yes the instructions could be more detailed.

Answer for question #2 = I left out the step of taking off the black taillight trim just because Most everyone would know they had to remove that in order to take them apart. I will add that into the instructions! ;) Thank you for pointing this out.

And onto the splicing. Where and how to splice these into your existing harness is on your car is your preferance. I know not everyone will want to do exactly as any instructions tell you and people always come up with nice ideas and i'm open to all of them. If someone has a easyier way to do it then please let me know and I will add it into the instructions.

Answer for question #3: = You must have both sides installed for them to work! and it's recomended that a NO LOAD flasher be used if the flasher you have currently does not work. It works with some peoples flashers and some they don't. This was mentioned in the orriginal thread. The video with the comparison on my car had to be done Manually because of just one light in. It was only done as a comparison test.

The erratic part of the LED's is due to, Both the lights not being installed & the No Load flasher.

I'm sorry if there was any confusion, In the future please send me a PM or an E-mail and I will be more than happy to help.

I am very busy trying to get ready for BG and I leave Tuesday so I won't be around untill the following week.

Scot W.

Scot,

Directions seem to not mention sealing the screw holes with the mounting screws in them & no (rubber) warshers in the kit. I may have to make some if unable to locate any at the local parts store.

The kits appear to be well made. What is this chip mentioned in an earlier post?

Tooch36,

Directions state "an electronic flasher may be necessary, as the mechanical flasher most likely won't flash the led lights" - $18 at Advance Auto Parts.
Yes that was not mentioned and I had already called the company and mentioned it to them and there reply was- "If moisture becomes a problem then we will see about that issue!" So if they want to risk a board getting moisture and having to replace it at cost, That is there desision.

The chip had to be replaced last minute for some reason i'm not sure of, But everyones kit has the new chip so they should be fine.

Scot W.

Great guy. Just that the shipping was overnight, and it's been about 5 days since they shipped so I'm getting worried they are lost in transit. :(
Todd I told the company to make sure your lights were sent out asap for you specially. The tracking numbers came in like crazy and I spent hours sending them to everyone asap. In the caos I did not look yours up to see if they were shipped correctly. I sent you your tracking number by E-mail and did'nt recive a problem with the e-mail so I assumed you got it. I saved your tracking number and I will PM you it right now so you have it.

Scot W.

Problems? Send a PM or E-mail me..

Guy's send me a PM or E-mail me if you run into any problems and I will personally work with each and everyone who has problems to resolve them as quick as I can.

Thank you!
Scot W.

Todd I told the company to make sure your lights were sent out asap for you specially. The tracking numbers came in like crazy and I spent hours sending them to everyone asap. In the caos I did not look yours up to see if they were shipped correctly. I sent you your tracking number by E-mail and did'nt recive a problem with the e-mail so I assumed you got it. I saved your tracking number and I will PM you it right now so you have it.

Scot W.

Yep, looks like they dropped the ball and sent them GROUND. They won't get here in time to get them in the car when it's in the shop unfortunately. It will be another month before I take it back in for more stuff. Not your fault, but disappointing for sure. You are going to have to wait a bit for pics, but we will get them in eventually.

Scott,

Thanks for the quick reply.

I was hoping it was something simple and I am going to continue the install with the other set to see if that will correct the flashing.

If I do need to use the no-load flasher for correct operation where does that get wired in?

Thanks again.

You'll also notice the directions show the dip switch for sequential is to the right. That is wrong as the switch should be in the left hand position. That is the position they shipped in but the directions make you think otherwise.

Thanks
No! Wrong! The switch for the sequential SHOULD be in the Right position for sequential! (Yes! they did send them in the left position (non-sequential) As listed in the instructions, It clearly shows the switch patern and it really shouldn't matter what side the switch is on when you recive them. It's put there just so you can use either Non-sequential / Sequential.

The most important thing to remember is witch ever you chose, make sure that ALL the boards switches are in the same position!

Here is the switch patern again: (with the switch at the top of the board)

LEFT SIDE: Non-sequential
RIGHT SIDE: Sequential

Scot W.

Scott,

Thanks for the quick reply.

I was hoping it was something simple and I am going to continue the install with the other set to see if that will correct the flashing.

If I do need to use the no-load flasher for correct operation where does that get wired in?

Thanks again.
Matt it's to my understanding that it does'nt get wired in! It simply replaces the old regular flasher underneath near your steering colum. All you have to do is find where your existing flasher is and pull it out and plug the new No-load flasher in it's place.

I'm here to help in any way I can and keep in mind, you can also call Sphagetti Eng. They are also there to help everyone in any way that they can so feel free to call them if there is something you need.. If I can't get something worked out for you they are also there too, Together we will get you going! ;)

Scot W.

Yep, looks like they dropped the ball and sent them GROUND. They won't get here in time to get them in the car when it's in the shop unfortunately. It will be another month before I take it back in for more stuff. Not your fault, but disappointing for sure. You are going to have to wait a bit for pics, but we will get them in eventually.
Sorry about that Todd! It is disapointing to me too! in the end it tends to make me look bad and thats not the case. Thanks for understanding and can't wait for the pic's! ;)

Let me or sphagetti eng. know if you need any help!
Scot W.

Sorry about that Todd! It is disapointing to me too! in the end it tends to make me look bad and thats not the case. Thanks for understanding and can't wait for the pic's! ;)

Let me or sphagetti eng. know if you need any help!
Scot W.

It's not that big of a deal. I wanted to get them in while the car was in the shop so that I could take some pics, etc......but they will find there way in eventually. It's not your fault.