Digital LED Tailights for the TR

Ok, here is where I am at now with the No-Load flasher from spaghetti.

All the functions WITHOUT the runnings lights on work properly but the blink rate is faster than stock and also the video on injectionX.

When the running the lights are turned ON and the blinker is applied the outside board blinks. It goes bright and cascades off with dim running light staying on while the cascade effect cycles. That is proper.

It is the inside the board that doesn't seem right. Once the blinker is on with the running lights on the inside board goes into a regular blink from bright to dim while the outside board is cascading. If you apply the brake the inside board goes steady. On the video on injectionX they do not show what it should do with the running lights on and blinker applied.

Is that the correct function? I just wasn't expecting the inside board to blink at all. It seems that the operation (blinker wise) should be the same with or without the running lights on.

Scot, I know you're in BG so get back to me when you get a chance.

All the functions WITHOUT the runnings lights on work properly but the blink rate is faster than stock and also the video on injectionX.

When the running the lights are turned ON and the blinker is applied the outside board blinks. It goes bright and cascades off with dim running light staying on while the cascade effect cycles. That is proper.

It is the inside the board that doesn't seem right. Once the blinker is on with the running lights on the inside board goes into a regular blink from bright to dim while the outside board is cascading. If you apply the brake the inside board goes steady. On the video on injectionX they do not show what it should do with the running lights on and blinker applied.

Is that the correct function? I just wasn't expecting the inside board to blink at all. It seems that the operation (blinker wise) should be the same with or without the running lights on.

Scot, I know you're in BG so get back to me when you get a chance.

Remember the video on The site, That "was for an example only!" It had to be done manually because of one light being the stock light and the other being the LED!! So, yes! it will be faster than the video!

Ok I'm on the computer in the lobby of a motel right now. The inside board when the running lights are on, shoud go OUT while the turnsignal is ON!!

I was informed from spahgetti that the inside board should stay illuminated as a brake light when on the brakes and while the turn signal is on.

I will be home monday morning and I will be calling them with this issue and I will get back with you asap.

Scot W.

Everyone!! As we realized, it's looking like most of our buicks will need the No-Load flashers! So, I will be including the no-load flashers with the kits from this point on for serveral reasons,

One, to eliminate the customer having to purchase them!

Two, to make it easyier on everyone purchasing the kit wich will also elliminate extra cost of shipping.

The cost of the flasher will reflect in the new price.

Scot W.

wherelse can we buy the no load flashers in a hurry-i want to complete my installation this thursday and dont want any delays? pep boys? anything special about these except for the ground wire?

still no comp # . Has mine shipped yet . If not I would like to cancel my order and get my money back. I'll purchase them once you get the bugs worked out.

Thanks Brian Verson (618) 973-0297:frown:
Yes brian, Yours are already on there way bud!

I'll PM you your tracking #

If your still wanting a refund let me know becuse yours will be spoken for already!

Scot W.

wherelse can we buy the no load flashers in a hurry-i want to complete my installation this thursday and dont want any delays? pep boys? anything special about these except for the ground wire?
You should be able to get them at any auto parts store. Also read the instructions real close concerning the flashers. It says to replace the BI-METAL flasher with either a STANDARD flasher or a NO-LOAD flasher. It is very important to have a good ground off the flasher. The standard flashers might work just fine. (Tooch) usded a Heavy Duty flasher and it says in the instructions that the LED's will not work with the Heavy Duty ones. So make sure it's not the Heavy Duty flasher!!!!

I'm home now from BG (only about 1 hour) so I need to un-pack and un-wind from another great time at the GS Nationals.. :)

Scot W.

I was unable to find a no load flasher at any of the out parts stores near me in MA. AutoZone, Napa, Advance Auto parts. They all carry a variable load but you need the no-load. You can tell the difference because the no-load has a ground wire coming from it.

You'll see a very easy location for the ground wire on the metal wire harness when you remove the AC-heater blower vent under the steering wheel.

The flasher is just to the right of the steering column.

Scot, I'll get that video to you tomorrow of my lights in action.

I was unable to find a no load flasher at any of the out parts stores near me in MA. AutoZone, Napa, Advance Auto parts. They all carry a variable load but you need the no-load. You can tell the difference because the no-load has a ground wire coming from it.

You'll see a very easy location for the ground wire on the metal wire harness when you remove the AC-heater blower vent under the steering wheel.

The flasher is just to the right of the steering column.

Scot, I'll get that video to you tomorrow of my lights in action.
Thank you!

Great Product Scot

Thanks for the lights Scot. I will be installing them this week and I can assure everyone they are as impressive in person as they are in the pictures. Lucky to have guys like this developing upgrades for our cars! Scot is a great guy who takes an enormous amount of pride in how his vehicles appear and would not put his name on anything less than perfection.

All Led Kit's Were Shipped !!!!

Everyones LED lights have been sent out last week while I was in BG. My e-mail has been rejecting them for some reason. They keep coming back to me So if you would like a copy of your tracking #, Please PM me your full name and I will add it to your PM. Sorry for the wait.

Scot W.

i finally had time to finish the install yesterday... i took my time - soldered everything, used weather pack connectors so i could easily remove or work on things... fit and finish are great... but i cant drive b/c they arent working properly :rolleyes: ..... yet - i ordered the "variable/no load flasher" on the 13th - called em today to see whats up - i think they forgot to send em - b/c the tracking number they gave me said it was shipped today:mad: - Well at least my wiring looks good:biggrin: ... cant tell you how the cascading looks yet:confused:

regardless - I applaud Scott for taking the initiative and time to get this thing together ----- hell he doesnt even have a buick anymore

thanks again - i cant wait to get everything working. ;)

i finally had time to finish the install yesterday... i took my time - soldered everything, used weather pack connectors so i could easily remove or work on things... fit and finish are great... but i cant drive b/c they arent working properly :rolleyes: ..... yet - i ordered the "variable/no load flasher" on the 13th - called em today to see whats up - i think they forgot to send em - b/c the tracking number they gave me said it was shipped today:mad: - Well at least my wiring looks good:biggrin: ... cant tell you how the cascading looks yet:confused:

regardless - I applaud Scott for taking the initiative and time to get this thing together ----- hell he doesnt even have a buick anymore

thanks again - i cant wait to get everything working. ;)
Go ahead and rub it in!! :biggrin:

I sent you a PM..

Scot W.

working correctly!

I just go off the phone with the owner from spaghetti engineering and that was actually an added feature to increase the visability and saftey of the turn signal.

SO, They are working correctly and that is the way they were designed to look!! and your install & video is perfect! Good Job!! ;)

Anyone that is not intrested in that look, Spahgetti engineering will cover the total cost of having the inner boards to be sent back to to them to have the added feature removed.
*Please contact me or Spahgetti engineering if you wish to have it removed..

Scot W.

New cost!

Just to let everyone know, We added the cost of the No-load LED flasher to all the kits from this point on. The new cost will be $279

That includes shipping
That includes the No-load LED flasher
That also includes the blue Tap-connectors

Sorry for any inconviences this may have caused!

Spahgetti engineering and My self will do everything we can to help each and every one of you with any problems that you may have.

Scot W.

Did I miss a post about those of us that already have the kits and no "no load" flasher? Will we be sent one?

Did I miss a post about those of us that already have the kits and no "no load" flasher? Will we be sent one?
No you didn't mis a post. Those of you who have them now will have to see if your local auto parts store has them or they will have to be ordered from the company. they will only be included in the future just because it looks like these cars Will need them. The only reason they were not included from the beginning is because the owner of Spaghetti engineering said some people will need them and some people won't depending on the flasher in there car. so thats why they were not included.

Scot W.

Well I finished my install!

It was pretty straight forward and the instructions are detailed enough to get one pointed in the right direction. I only made a couple of errors and for the newbies like me who will be installing these I though I 'd share my experience.

The first error I made was the dumbest...I forgot to put a towel under the first tailight when I was taking the screws out of it. Luckily I didn't scratch it up...too bad anyway :redface: .

The second place I ran into trouble was during step 5. The instructions state there are Driver and Passenger Outer and Inner LED boards. They then go on to state the boards are marked DL, DR, PL, PR. I am a habitual overthinker and I confused myself here...my right?, the right of the car looking from the front? the back? I tried to match up the position as listed in the sentences (Drivers Outer=DL, Driver's Inner=DR, Pass Outter= PL and Pass Inner=PR). Unfortunately, doing this will cause you to install the Passenger side boards in wrong.

For consistency the boards should be marked DO, DI, PO, PI to match up with the instructions. It would make it less tempting for the overthinkers among us to mess it up.

For the wire splicing (section 6) I spliced all the passenger side connections together and ran them through a piece of split loom to the drivers side lens. From under the car you can route a 1" split loom following the existing split loom and simply push it behind the piece covering the gas filler. Then you can route it up the first hole on the drivers side bumper cut it and pull up the wires.

Once all the wires were spliced together I had 5 wires going into the trunk (2 through the top hole and 3 through the bottom hole on the far left drivers side where the light screws gets inserted) Green, Yellow, Brown, Black, & Orange.

Green, Yellow, easy to find (they are together on the same connector) no problem to splice. Brown...a little more difficult. There is a brown/white wire, a brownish wire (next to the green & yellow) and a brown wire next to a black one on a separate connector - this is the one you want. It was difficult for me because the brown and the black wire on the separate connector both looked black due to age. I had connected the brown to the brownish (burgundy?) wire at first, but realized my mistake when the running LED lights did not come on.

I ran the orange wire from the trunk light socket down inside the trunk lid and through the wire clips and down behind the carpet to connect to the orange wire coming from the lights. The socket included with the kit dosen't exactly match up to the trunk light socket in our cars, so you will have to splice the orange wire in if you choose to go this way. Personally, I wasn't in the mood to go all the way to the fusebox. Plus my fusebox looks like a bowl of spagehtti already and I don't dare attach anything else to it :eek:

The black wire was the easiest. Crimp on the included end and connect it to the existing ground bolt.

I'm waiting for my electronic flasher. I had to order one because no one had it locally. It should be here tommorrow, but right now everything checks out. Running lights, flashing hazards, brake, and Signal (no flashing).

To complete the LED look I went to V-Led's (Welcome to V-LEDS.COM) and purchased 4 Red LED 194 bulbs and 1 Red LED 1156 3rd brake light.

All in all I am happy and impressed with the kit. I have dark tinted tails and these definately make an improvement over the stock lights.