Diag my engine noise

engine noise

that sounds like a connecting rod knock. it will go away as it warms up and increase in noise as you rev it lightly. hope I am wrong! good luck

noise does go away once it runs a bit, but once you throttle it it comes back

It almost sounds like a rod knock. If you take the oil filler cap off, is the noise louder? If it's a rod knock you could always start pulling plug wires and see if it goes away. Best of luck.

I'm with you on this one, sounds like the rocker shaft broke and a rocker harm is just floating on the valve, I would guess drivers side.. take it apart and let us know..

yes, it sound like more the drivers side

shaft

if the rocker shaft broke and the rocker was not opening and closing the valve would'nt there be a mis fire present or backfire?

Delco are actually not STP, they are just the same color. You can do a little homework and see for yourself. They are actually very well built filters. Not a big deal.

Delco are actually not STP, they are just the same color. You can do a little homework and see for yourself. They are actually very well built filters. Not a big deal.

Actually they now are junk, plastic cages, inferior filtering... there have been many threads on this. I stopped buying them when they started with the plastic internals. Get a Wix or Napa -

Pop the valve cover and it'll answer the rocker shaft possibility real quick and you can check for a bent pushrod easily. Wouldn't drive it till its resolved.