DEI heat shields?

I have one of those on my Evo. Looks nice and works very well at controlling underhood temps. You'll like it.

Design Engineering DEI 010141 - DEI T3 Turbo Titanium Heat Shield Kits - Overview - SummitRacing.com

Anyone have a testimonial over one of these?

I'm thinking one of these would do better than the stock heat shield.
Thanks for posting this up i have that on my wish "summit wish list" for over two years.:eek:

I have one of those on my Evo. Looks nice and works very well at controlling underhood temps. You'll like it.
thanks for the reply,

i did read somewhere something to the effect that this type of cover could cause the turbo to "cook" the oil in the bearings and cause problems. I am not sure thats why i still haven't gotten one yet.

its2qik - How long have you had it?
How many miles have you put on it?
To you have any special routine when turning of a very HOT car? like letting it and idle for a few seconds or longer????

Another one for the "I heard..." list is...:rolleyes:

I heard that these things trap moisture and cause the housings to corrode.

Another one for the "I heard..." list is...:rolleyes:

I heard that these things trap moisture and cause the housings to corrode.

+1

I spoke to a nice rep at DEI in December '10. I asked "how many years would the turbo blanket hold up at moderate use"? He replied "customers should get from 1-4 years out of this product".

I figured a better option is to purchase a used heat shield and have it ceramic coated (will last and have for a while) rather than buy a turbo blanket that may last 4 years. The blanket ranges from $120-175 online. There is a vendor that sells ceramic coated heat shields for $99.00 plus your core. Pm me if you need info.

This is just my opinion! DEI is a great company and make very high quality products. In my case, the blanket would not be cost effective.