Daily driven GNs and T's, do they have names?

Mine is a daily driver when she works. Multiple names have been given from my buddys and I.
"The GN"
"Buick"
"BUCK" - we were drunk and my buddy couldn't say buick, somehow it stuck :p

Nick

:biggrin: Ya they are a tad on the "****ing loud side." You could probably sell em on ebay for a decent price.

Vehicle names

Call us strange if you like, but we have names for all our vehicles.

Our 87GN, my wife named Zeus when she bought it new in 87. She was once asked "Why Zeus?". She told them, "Because he is the lord of the road"! It is mainly a work day driver for me, because it gets better gas mileage than the Jeep. We are just over 190K miles and still going strong. Three transmissions, one timing chain, and numerous modifications and improvements. I still have to find that camaro!

My 87 Jeep Wrangler I have named Frankenstein. It fits, because it is put together with parts from all over the place. Trani from an 89, motor from a rebuild shop out west, carb from a donor mustang, Auto Zoo parts here and there, aftermarket catalog interior and top parts that were probably made in Indonesia. The list goes on.

Our 99 Montana I just call the space shuttle. It's a child hauler.

Theft deterrents....I still prefer the grounded battery and a good warning sign. The thief will only touch your car once! :D

My RX7 has pretty good theft deterents...engine behind it...body panels scattered on top...no battery....4 flat tires.... :)

I drive mine every day. Its my only car and drive it back and forth to work every day. Ive put about 20,000 miles on it since january. Constantly fixing things, but it still gets me from A-B.

My 86 GN never had a name, was just the GN or the Buick. My 87 was nicknamed Evil, mainly to carry on the tradition of EVIL GN on the tag, plus it wasn't all that slow either.. :biggrin: . The current Turbo T is Ol Gray...she has a bunch of miles on her (175K), still dependable, and is a factory gray/WO2 trim car. She was a DD for a while, but now that I have my truck, she's down to weekend warrior/playtoy status.

hey Slo, looks pretty god from the pics :)
I didnt realize that you could get manual windows in a GN!
I would like to see the ultimate sleeper...a wire wheeled, crome trimed, 80s Buick blue Turbo-T.