Daily driven GNs and T's, do they have names?

turbohye

Nuclear Reactor
How many of you guys drive your GNs and T-Types on a daily basis. When I say Daily driven, i mean like everyday. I do with my WE-4 thanks to Steve V on this board. He built my engine right. BTW do your cars have names. Post some pics too so we can check out those DDs (Daily Drivers).

I drive my 85 daily and it runs good most of the time. ;) But a lot of parts wear out alot quicker this way. 48,500 miles when I bought it almost six years ago now it has 77,400. As for a name I don't name my cars. And pics I have good ones but it tells me that there too large of files to upload

I drive mine almost every day. It's name is Ted because I used to drive another regal that my younger brothers named "Ed" for some reason and since this one is a turbo car they call it Ted. :)

resized%20badass.jpg

Adam

:p Ted is a good name and I like how it got that name. I met a lady in Virginia Beach whos husband drove an 86 right off the showroom floor back in the day and he named the car Geanne from GN. Those rims fill up those flares nicely Hybrid. What's the offset?

Ya Jitsu I know about those wearing parts. It is hard to pull myself away from the car even for a day. BTW is your 85 cream colored or burgundy? :redface:

Nice pics man. Thats a clean engine bay. I Attached your pics for everyone to see.

Attachments

• 85gn1.jpg
    85gn1.jpg
    277.4 KB · Views: 258
  • 85gn2.jpg
    85gn2.jpg
    226.9 KB · Views: 179
  • 85gn3.jpg
    85gn3.jpg
    270.1 KB · Views: 164
20X10 rear w/4.75" BS and 20X8.5 front w/4" BS. I feel pretty lucky that I haven't had any serious problems with my car since I drive it so much, but I think part of that has to do with just upgrading and replacing parts before they really need to be replaced. About the only thing that went bad was one MAF sensor that I then switched for the 3.5 MAF and translator and one fuel pump when I accidentally ran it out of gas and it KILLED the pump quick. Everything else I just replace for the peace of mind. The cam sensor is next.

Adam

i used to drive mine every day, until i spun some bearings. im going to be putting the motor back in shortly. when i was using it everyday its name was simply "the gn". makes sense as my big block 72 skylark is "the buick". after the bearings spun i re-named it mother-f*****! and a$$-hole oh yea and FOR-SALE! among some other names. but i came to my senses. and will give it a better name once im done. i would post pics, but it looks sooooo sad sitting there with the hood unlatched and the front end high up in the air from having no engine or trans in it.

buickbert

I drove my pre-insano engine car everyday and the insano-engine will also be driven daily. I'm not a big fan of trailering cars around and ripping out all the comfort for the sake of speed. You only live once from what I'm guessing; you might as well enjoy what you have. Being able to call your car a daily driver is a status symbol that no race-only vehicle can touch.

Phil

Phil M , what kind of alternator is that on your engine picture? or are my eyes just tired?

Robbie-87plz said:
Drive my DMR every single day! I named her Angie, after the infamous movie actress. :cool:

Thats cool Robbie, I drive my WE-4 every single day. Thank goodness the gas prices went down to 2.21 here in Richmond for 93. phew that 2.98 cents was killing my wallet for a while.

PhilM said:
I drove my pre-insano engine car everyday and the insano-engine will also be driven daily. I'm not a big fan of trailering cars around and ripping out all the comfort for the sake of speed. You only live once from what I'm guessing; you might as well enjoy what you have. Being able to call your car a daily driver is a status symbol that no race-only vehicle can touch.

Phil

That .gif on your post looks like me when I do my 12 hour shifts at work. except my face is more red like :mad:

Alternator is 140A delco... ones used on Impy SS's n other GM cars of that era - it fits right in there - you may need to reclock it though. But that's my old engine... the new one is going to be much shinier :)

Hmm Thats interesting. I heard somewhere on here that the Impy's alternator goes right in our location. At first glance at the parts store, the pulley on the Impy differs slightly so I guess maybe a reclock and a T's pulley huh? :confused:

Pulley should be the same... unless you have carburated with Vbelt setup???

Phil