Daily driven GNs and T's, do they have names?

bov1.jpg

here is a 140 amp off a buick roadmaster

PhilM said:
Pulley should be the same... unless you have carburated with Vbelt setup???

Phil

Nope def. not carbed. I guess my eyes are bad. Same layout as your engine. hmmm :confused:

PaCemkr86 said:
bov1.jpg

here is a 140 amp off a buick roadmaster

Nice pic. Thats a clean Upper intercooler Pipe. That BOV sits just like mine except i have an APEX I. Thats crazy!! I dont see any welds!.

BTW my car is named Aria since I forgot.

If you dont know just google Aria Giovanni.

I met her on Frederickson Blvd. in Calfornia. I got her autograph and had a beer later that night. Too bad she dated a rich ass guy. I told her that I would name my car after her and well since I got rid of my dart, I just named my Buick after her since I can still smell her perfume in there. .....sigh.............. :frown: .....one day................ahhh **** it guys im packing my bags to california. :biggrin:

The name of my daily driver is "Krusty" My friends named it that because out of my two GN's, One is a 40k mile show car, and "Krusty" it is the fixer upper one so instead of just calling it the other GN they started calling it "Dusty's Krusty" Krusty for short, and from that day on it has stuck and thats what we all call it still to this day even though its in better shape than it started out in. In fact I bet if one day I get it fixed up perfect I will still be calling it Krusty.

R.I.P BLKBETTY... They found it Thanksgiving day. before that was driven daily and drove to the track on the weekends stolen from my driveway a week ago. :mad: :mad: Had just hit 12.28@112MPH and knew that 11's were right around the corner.

They did Both...stripped it bare and I mean bare then set it on fire :mad: Cops found it on fire at 3am in the middle of the road in south Phoenix...

Dude, I am so very sorry that people like that exist. I hope that all was covered insurance wise, however, it doesn't make it ok that it happened. We need South African anti theft devices here! Keep the faith, man. :frown:

Turbohye, we were paying a wee bit over $3.00 a gallon here a few weeks ago, I think 92 is still around $2.80 ish if I'm not mistaken... My take on all this is-Enjoy your vehicles, for they shall rust and we'll rust... :redface:

AM86 said:
They did Both...stripped it bare and I mean bare then set it on fire :mad: Cops found it on fire at 3am in the middle of the road in south Phoenix...

Those pictures upset me very much. That makes me feel no different than someone taking me or a loved one away and hurting them or me. Our cars are loved ones and I cant say that I feel your pain but I can say that all of us on this board are equally upset to see such a beautiful car AND its owner in such dispare. What goes around comes around so Im sure that the ones that did that to your car will pay drastically. Think of it like this. They probably did it out of pure jealousy. I would start checking out ebay and local newspapers even this board to find stuff for sale that might be Body Panels and motor parts and interior. You know what. I will help by starting out with Ebay. I will set an auto-alert on Ebay notifying me of parts that are from a Buick Turbo. Like Robbie said man "keep the faith." hang in there bud. :redface:

:p
Robbie-87plz said:
Dude, I am so very sorry that people like that exist. I hope that all was covered insurance wise, however, it doesn't make it ok that it happened. We need South African anti theft devices here! Keep the faith, man. :frown:

Turbohye, we were paying a wee bit over $3.00 a gallon here a few weeks ago, I think 92 is still around $2.80 ish if I'm not mistaken... My take on all this is-Enjoy your vehicles, for they shall rust and we'll rust... :redface:

No wonder bro. Hawaii has to have some killer gas prices. That would be awesome if you could post a pic of your car with a volcano in the back. Id make that a wallpaper if you posted it. :tongue:

Yep, my WE4, SalvageV6, been driving it 18 years been totaled for 10 years now. :)

I thank GM for my engine build. ;)

Unnamed GN summer car. :cool:

I couldnt imagine what it would be like if somebody stole my TR. I love mine so much, and it makes me scared moving to the phoneix area because i hear quite a few cars get stolen there. Dont worry those pricks will get whats comming to them.

Anti-Theft Device: Get a GM seat cover and cover (just like a reg seat) a board covered with nails, raised to the high of the stock seat contour... they'd only have to be about an 1 1/4 or so long... just sharpen em really nice. You could also do it to the upper portion of the seat, just stake the nails in at a 30 degree angle so that when the theif sits, the stakes grab into his skin and muscle tissue. If your really hardcore, affix it to the car with a clever, stealth locking mechanism so the theif cannot drive the car with it in there. It really doesnt even need to be that *perfect* looking--- after all, how often do you look/think about where you sit when you hop in? You know where the car will be then: at the nearest hospital or right where the theif decides to sit.

Of course, keep this on the downlow... we dont want theives to know our trix - besides, this post is named unknowingly of content.

Phil

Phil, I think I'll look into that. :)
Turbohye, my car needs a paint/body job but I'll catch a good pic of it at dusk with the Diamond Head volcano in the back ground!
AM, I've asked myself why people do the things that they do. And besides purchasing a shotgun and going to jail for shooting them with salt pellets, you have to shrug it off and pray that the insurance companies has a few TR lovers working for them...Once again, keep the faith man!

PhilM said:
Anti-Theft Device: Get a GM seat cover and cover (just like a reg seat) a board covered with nails, raised to the high of the stock seat contour... they'd only have to be about an 1 1/4 or so long... just sharpen em really nice. You could also do it to the upper portion of the seat, just stake the nails in at a 30 degree angle so that when the theif sits, the stakes grab into his skin and muscle tissue. If your really hardcore, affix it to the car with a clever, stealth locking mechanism so the theif cannot drive the car with it in there. It really doesnt even need to be that *perfect* looking--- after all, how often do you look/think about where you sit when you hop in? You know where the car will be then: at the nearest hospital or right where the theif decides to sit.

Of course, keep this on the downlow... we dont want theives to know our trix - besides, this post is named unknowingly of content.

Phil

WOW :eek: :eek: :eek: Now that is Anti-Theft.

Robbie-87plz said:
Phil, I think I'll look into that. :)
Turbohye, my car needs a paint/body job but I'll catch a good pic of it at dusk with the Diamond Head volcano in the back ground!
AM, I've asked myself why people do the things that they do. And besides purchasing a shotgun and going to jail for shooting them with salt pellets, you have to shrug it off and pray that the insurance companies has a few TR lovers working for them...Once again, keep the faith man!

So true Robbie, So very true.

All the cars I have had were daily including my 66 GTO and 93 Mustang and soon to be my 79 RX7 once it is running. I daily drive my GN that I got 2.5 years ago with 50k on it. I just rolled over 74k on my trip to Dallas for Thanksgiving. My only probs with it are that its an auto, the tops leak water/air(doesnt have offical GM seals) and they sqeak over bumps. The closest it ever gets to a name is THE GN....or maybe THAT STUPID CAR! when it is misbehaving.

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/great...one=http://photos.sbc.yahoo.com/ph//my_photos

There is 3 pics of it...nothin really special but I do enjoy my t-top gauge pod and taillights :)

madhat said:
All the cars I have had were daily including my 66 GTO and 93 Mustang and soon to be my 79 RX7 once it is running. I daily drive my GN that I got 2.5 years ago with 50k on it. I just rolled over 74k on my trip to Dallas for Thanksgiving. My only probs with it are that its an auto, the tops leak water/air(doesnt have offical GM seals) and they sqeak over bumps. The closest it ever gets to a name is THE GN....or maybe THAT STUPID CAR! when it is misbehaving.

I know what You mean. I hate that squeak. I have the same thing but it sure as hell keeps a person awake when needed. I wouldnt mind if buick had an ultra low second over drive when cruising at speeds over 70. I guess its because I have an exhaust drone.