cxracing.com intercooler

I thought they were junk also. My engine builder said they work if you size them accor
Update 2015: going on 8 years with the "cheap ebay intercooler"
What one did you buy? You really only need one air temp sensor to test the unit. Post turbo is all that matters anyways. With the correct size cooler intake temps should never rise above 120* so as long as you are under that you're golden.

Have any of you seen any of the Ebay IC's with pipes lately? I'm wanting to give one a shot but cant find them with pipes. I installed a Kenne Bell style that came with pipes in a build for another member a while back and was happy with the quality. I just cant find the pipes anywhere now.

Have any of you seen any of the Ebay IC's with pipes lately? I'm wanting to give one a shot but cant find them with pipes. I installed a Kenne Bell style that came with pipes in a build for another member a while back and was happy with the quality. I just cant find the pipes anywhere now.
I did my mustang with a diy piping kit. Get the 31 x 12 x 4" intercooler.

I did a few different searches. I'd either post in the wanted section or buy a universal kit, get it all together and marked and have someone tig it up

The Kenne-Bell style is a very poor design. Long tanks and short core is not very efficient. There needs to be residence time for the charge air to have enough time to scrub heat. Short core tubes do not allow for adaquate time to transfer heat. Liquid to air is more efficient, but that is another topic.......

(Unless Kenne-Bell changed their intercooler since I installed one..........a LONG time ago.)

This is an Ebay one I installed on DWALL's car during the build. Although I agree it doesn't have a huge amount of effectiveness because the air doesn't cross a large scrubbing surface, it did do a great job for the $200 in cost. I'm more than likely going to use a regular style core but will need to find pipes.
DSCN0747.jpg
DSCN0750.jpg

Actually, for what I'm doing I could use a simple stock IC. But I hate having it sitting in the way in front of the engine. Otherwise it would definitely be used.

I'm sure if you can find an older fmic for around 400 bucks or less. Might score something decent like I did.

ImageUploadedByTurboBuick1442923889.147163.jpg

Here is the CXRacing inter cooler . Been running it for 6 years without a problem . Cools way better than stock . Fab up my own pipes for 150 bucks and let's go! It's good piece regardless what everyone else says. It's just a aluminum intercooler people .. Not a turbo or cam or crankshaft. I would spend money on a quality piece like that sort. We save money on the heat exchangers. My opinion ! Turbo on !

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app