cxracing.com intercooler

These Intercooolers are not that bad, I know lots of guys hate this stuff but the facts don't lie and the temps are acceptable for many applications. They uses to list pipes for a Turbo Buick on the site but I see they don't anymore. Might want to call them, but they were close to the price of the core as I remember.

Wow. 5 pages of back and forth and no temp data. That being said, you can't bundle all Ebay products into one conclusion. I'm sure some work way better than others and will save you a few hundred over a smaller IC that comes complete with pipes. I'm sure these are a decent upgrade from a stock IC though and have less heat soak than a SLIC. I wouldn't use one of these where I live though. I couldn't have those fat tanks blocking my radiator and condenser on 100+ degree days. A good DIY IC out here is 7.3 Powerstroke. If you get one with the aluminum tanks, you can have someone weld on the inlet / outlet facing out so you don't have to chop up your core support. They allow more air through to the cooling system than a bar and plate setup. I'm pretty sure Nick Micale has technical data with pressure and temp readings somewhere. I think he compared it to a big FMIC from a name brand and it held its own. If I ever have money to divert back into my GN, that is the way I'd go.

Those of us that have been involved with these cars for over 20 years, MAY not have first hand experience with every part that we may advise on, but more often than not have direct and first hand knowledge of them, or their attributes or pitfalls. And I for one, despite your concerns will continue to offer help on an item or tune point that I have knowledge of, despite your wishes that we remain silent. I don't care that you're attempting to impress us all with your bonifidies as an ASE master mech... As far as I'm concerned, mine are no less than yours on THIS particular line of cars.
I don't care if you've been around cars as a master tech for 20 years. Maybe, just maybe there are some of us that might have some input on this particular brand and it's peculiarities.

As for upsetting, it's just as upsetting to be told to hold one's tongue if we don't happen to have a particular piece on our car (but have experience anyway).

Am I a little aggravated at your comments? You bet. Sorry for tirade.
I'm cooling off now though, and down off my soap box.[/QUOTE
So what experience do YOU have with the CX Racing intercooler?
So what exper

I have the 25x16x4 cxracing intercooler on my turbo 5.3 regal and at 14 psi the iats logged last week were 97-100 degress.

Ambient temperature was about 70. I'm hitting the track tonight and I'll have some numbers to post soon from those logs.

View attachment 263125

Here is the CXRacing inter cooler . Been running it for 6 years without a problem . Cools way better than stock . Fab up my own pipes for 150 bucks and let's go! It's good piece regardless what everyone else says. It's just a aluminum intercooler people .. Not a turbo or cam or crankshaft. I would spend money on a quality piece like that sort. We save money on the heat exchangers. My opinion ! Turbo on !

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app
This is the better design if your gonna order Chinese take-out.

I went ahead and bought a 29.5x11x2.5 Ebay IC. I'm trying to find a set of pipes for it. Havent had any luck yet but once I get everything together, I'll update the thread with my results. Bad part is I don't even have a car to put it in! I need to find that too! LOL!

I made quite a few quarter mile passes this weekend and managed to log some IATs. The IAT was 130 degrees going through the traps at 127 mph. Also, posting some pics of the cold pipes. This is the CX racing grand national intercooler, 25x16x4

which is very easy to do OR worst case scenario you use a bunch of couplings.
I'm all for it if you could define "easy" to do.;) Lol!! I for one love saving some bucks, but I also would like a straight forward purchase ya know? I love the members here who go outside of the norm. If we could get some sort of consist purchase on piping, or get some measurements that'd be awesome. What size piping are you guys going with?