cxracing.com intercooler

I'm looking for actual test data in your post?? :confused:
Displaying a run at the track tells me what??

How bout some actual data. Like manifold (not AIT) temps during a pull/run with your intercooler, compared to your previous intercooler for example. Same day, same weather conditions...

I run 11.60's, so what? Does that mean my IC is that much better than yours? means little.

Your going to believe what you want to beleive.
I upgraded from the 100% stock IC for $350 less than the cheapest stock location IC.
As much as I like you I'm not going to spend X more to get dual temp gauge w/ senders have bungs welded, then buy dyno time, just to prove it works. I'm trying to save money! Saving for a house is more important IMO!
I think a vendor would want to demonstrate they dont work, but they haven't; I wonder why...:confused: I am willing to let them use my car.
My post was to refute that the IC cannot support 11s and provide more substantial data than EVO website on a totally different design.

I'm running 126+ mph with a stock intercooler core(s). My best run with a stock intercooler (with ported STOCK neck, stock turbo, 30 lb injectors, 8" DOT M&H's) was 11.77@112 back in '91. Here is my stock intercooler core:;)

Attachments

• twin%20intercoolers[1].JPG
    twin%20intercoolers[1].JPG
    91.8 KB · Views: 465
  • s%20looking%20down[1].JPG
    s%20looking%20down[1].JPG
    33.4 KB · Views: 466
My point is as plain as the nose on your face or mine....the CHEAP front mount is NOT NEEDED. Get a proven part that works and quit throwing money down the drain. People assume that is what they need, when all they really needed was to learn to TUNE their car. But what the heck...just throw some more parts at it and be like the average TR owner that isn't running as fast as they should with what they already have on the car. :p

First off i don't know you nor do i care to know you.

It looks to me like you have a problem with me or you think you do for some unknown reason.I suppose it could just be that i gave a positive reply for an ebay intercooler and you feel the need to lend support to the vendors who advertise on this board.

There were 16 replies to this thread before you chimed in and quoted my response to the question asked.

If you go back and read the original question posted by REGL8R you will see that my reply was right on the mark.

I happened to see a picture of someone's car posted on here that had the intercooler that was being asked about and in his signature he had the et that he ran with it,nothing more or less.

How you get from what he asked, to the "you can run 11's on a stock intercooler" or "i have a buddy that runs 9's on a v4" or "tune your car" all of these responses have nothing to do with what was asked.

I would think he has already been tuning on his car if he is looking to upgrade to a front mount and is looking to do so at a lower cost then the vendors have.

Read and respond to threads however you determine what is being asked.

Have a nice day,later.:smile:

First off i don't know you nor do i care to know you.
You don't get it and never will it seems, I don't/never did have a problem with you, just what to typed. You said 11's on a front mount...my answer was not needed to run 11's. I answered his question as well...DON"T GET CHEAP CRAP..
Right to the point IMHO ;)

I know this is bringing this post back from the dead but I just wanted to post that the "testing" of that ebay intercooler has nothing to do with this particular one. Just because its available on ebay doesn't make them all the same. I run the one originally posted on my car and my dads car. They are setup the same and both have gone 124.1 mph at 24-25 psi with the mods in the sig. Take it for what its worth, i don't see many other PT61 cars going higher than 124 so i doubt its hindering the car at any level.;) Here is a pic, its now painted black but this shows the actual intercooler.

Picture325.jpg

ebay front mount 25x16x4

I bought two and used one on my car for a while and the second one I put on a friend's car.Made a big difference over stock intercooler for the price.I never had a problem with the two I got and would buy one again to use on a street build.I bought the ebay intercooler pipes and they bolted up perfect.This set up looks "similar" to the big boy intercooler that TR CUSTOM PARTS sell.I sold mine a while back and now have a v2 front mount,but the one on my friends car will probably run a low 11 or hi 10 second pass this year after we tune with this front mount and alcohol to keep things cool.Like the old saying goes,it's cheap-but it works..Total cost was $150.00 for intercooler and $200.00 for pipes..Just my 2 cents..

Anyone have personal experience or know of others who have used this intercooler with success? I'm looking for a cheaper front mount alternative to GN vendors for now but it is going mid 11s so I will dish out the extra cash if its a must.

Heres a link to the IC

eBay Motors: CXRacing Intercooler 25x16x4 Buick Grand National AM (item 370032692910 end time Mar-21-08 20:30:00 PDT)

ebay front mount 25x16x4

Picture of gn I built for friend with front mount and pipes..Pipes are one piece design similar to precision.Intercooler made a big difference on the car with razor's alky kit.Owner is very please with cars performance,but too scared to race it,so I will do the driving.So far no problems here!!!I had it up to 22-23lbs of boost on the street with 62 turbo,60lb injectors,210 billet roller,ported heads,9/11 converter,ls1 maf/translator plus,etc and alky.Car pulls very strong with plenty left in it..With this intercooler and razor's kit,car is making alot more power than stock i/c and razor's kit. Can't wait to hit the track:biggrin:

p.s..In my opinion,if you have razor's alky kit this intercooler will perform like a champ..
I can only speak for the car in the photo..

Attachments

• my car 1184.jpg
    my car 1184.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 321
I have a local friend down here (TKGN1) on the board that is also running this intercooler and has gone 128 mph... The intercooler works if you are willing to fab up the piping...

My only question is...

You plan on saving money by buying an intercooler twice? This cheaper one, then another when you plan to go faster from a Buick vendor?

I may be hungover, but this makes no sense.

I don't get it either, nobody with these intercoolers wanna post temp numbers. I bet the old dorf powerstroke is better than these, but what do I know, I used to work at a shop that did a lot of diesel performance. We never once pulled a powerstroke intercooler

I don't get it either, nobody with these intercoolers wanna post temp numbers..............

What you really should be asking is why VENDORS aren't posting temp numbers comparing their units to these, they are the ones to gain by dismissing any performance claims.But since these have been on the market for 3 + years we have seen none.
Why should a customer who is trying to save money buy a dual probe temp gauge, weld two/four bungs; and do comparative tests for the sake of doubters?

I don't have temp numbers, there are two cars in my family running them, and i have a couple friends. All are going very fast (124-128) I could frankly care less if your intercooler is 10* cooler. Alky makes up any difference and then some. They flow well and haven't held any cars back that Ive seen them installed on. Send me an uppipe drilled for alky, and a place to install an IAT temp sensor and ill let ya know what I find. BTW how come nobody else ever post real IAT numbers when they are selling the 800$ setups? I'd bet I would gain 0 with a precision or any other comparably sized FMICs.

I'm not saying they don't work, I would just like to see some temp numbers compared to another front mount intercooler. Even a powerstroke would be a good comparison as far as I'm concerned. I obviously don't have money either, that's why I'll be searching for a PS intercooler when I go to the junkyard when it gets nice out. No way I could afford to drop nearly 1000 bucks for a performance part at this stage in life. GOt a 4 yr old daughter, unfinished house, DDs are getting old, etc.

For what it's worth my Powerstroke cooler gains about 10 degrees over a quarter mile run.

I love my ebay intercooler... I've noticed lower manifold temps (around 20 degrees) while cruising and stop and go traffic...

just my 2 cents...

My only question is...

You plan on saving money by buying an intercooler twice? This cheaper one, then another when you plan to go faster from a Buick vendor?

I may be hungover, but this makes no sense.

o please people still think vendors dont have cxracing intercoolers?

there are plenty of MAJOR TB.com vendors here that currently sell china IC's from cxracing rofl for hundreds more then they pay for them, I can not believe people still think buying an IC from a Buick vendor guarantees you'll go faster haha or it guarantees their IC's are not from china. And 2+2=5

thats all I have to say

Worked For Me!

I don't know about temps, but I bought one and ran 23-26lbs of boost all day at the track, great over stock and it made a difference. But I recently switched to a stretch Stock location to clean up the look.

I don't know about temps, but I bought one and ran 23-26lbs of boost all day at the track, great over stock and it made a difference. But I recently switched to a stretch Stock location to clean up the look.

I actually prefer the look of my big Cotton's front mount peaking through the grill.