Crazy Day

terik.m

I thought GNs are black
Yesterday we welcomed a new addition to our family. Our nephew Gabriel was born healthy and strong. A few hours later we lost a family member. Our cousin Randy aka Mr Bud was shot in the leg. The bullet hit an artery and he lost too much blood. He passed away @ 22 years old. It a weird feeling...happy and sad at the same time.

180603_1583505993603_1414323700_31236686_589629_n.jpg

73820_109471032452160_100001677906257_62281_1853004_n.jpg

Congratulations on the new arrival and my condolences on your loss of a family member, your right it's kind of hard to be elated or sad.

cute kid Terik. so wat happend to ur cousin? what were the circumstances? thats awful. looken diesel btw

Wow...Randy was ripped! My condolences on your loss, but congrats on the addition. A bitter-sweet day to be sure!

Congratulations on the stork arrival / delivery and sorry to hear of a 22 YO losing their life at such an early age. I will keep him in my prayers.

Thanks guys. My cousin Randy and his little sister were at a friends birthday party on Sunday. Some guy at the party groped her and she didn't like it so she told Randy. Randy and the guy exchanged words and a fight broke out. After Randy beat the snot out of the guy he and his little sister left the party. Before he even reached the curb the guy came out of the house with a gun and rushed them. Randy jumped in front of his little sister and the guy fired one shot that struck him in the femoral artery. After being shot Randy and him wrestled for the gun. My cousin managed to get the gun from him and fired one shot into his chest.

When Randy reached the hospital he had lost nearly 40% of his blood. The ER doctors tried to repair the artery but failed. They amputated his leg, gave him a blood transfusion, dialysis, and numerous tests. He ended up going brain dead from lack of blood. :frown: My dad who is a retired a ER surgeon told us that if a man his age and weight lost about 30% of is blood that the survival rate is about 50%.

Randy was a good kid with a good heart. He was best known for being a good dad and loving his family. I just wish that things could have been handled differently. In my lifetime, our family has lost 11 members from gun play. Frankly, I am getting tired of burying kin folk before their time.

Atleast he has a good heart and he saved his little sister. I know if anyone ever messed with my sister or brother i would defiantly do the same thing. May god bless him and be with you and your family. My condolences and he will be in my prayers.

one thing I was told that I believe in is that for every life taken... one is always replaced...

Congradulations on the nephew, and Ill keep your cousin in our prayers Terik

God Bless...

Its sad that the saying" Everytime a life is created.. A life is taken away" is so true and yet so close to you!!! Sry about your loss... Its sad that people cant take a beatening and chuck it up as an a** whooping and a deserved whooping!!!! Again sry for your loss!!! And congrats on the healthy baby!!!

Sorry to hear about your cousin, sounds like he was a good guy just lookin' out for his sister.:( That's definitely a tough deal to feel happy about welcoming a new family member while losing another. My condolences to you and your family and God Bless.