Craftsman ratcheting wrenches

BADDGUY6 said:
Hey Rob,

What bolt/nut were you taking out that you had to cut? Don't want to be in the same situation. :eek:

Guy
The bolt the holds on the turbo "J" bracket that bolts to the front of the block, it backed out into the header up pipe. I have an old set of KB headers so it might not be a problem with stock headers. I could have removed the passenger side header but figured it was easier to cut the bolt with a dremmel...it was a PITA either way :mad:

2QUIK6 said:
I've gotten "Stuck" before with the type that has to be flipped over....got the nut backed off to find out it backed up against another part, making it impossible to slip the wrench head off the nut, and since it couldn't reverse without flipping it I had to cut the bolt off.

That happened to me once on my Cobra. I had to remove the whole bracket insted of just the A/C compressor. That sucked!

I dont konw how I got along without the ratcheting wrenches. They save so much time!

Andy

2QUIK6 said:
I've have a standard set, need to get a metric set....but if you can find a set that allows you to change directions by flipping a lever rather than removing the wrench head and flipping it then that is great...
I've gotten "Stuck" before with the type that has to be flipped over....got the nut backed off to find out it backed up against another part, making it impossible to slip the wrench head off the nut, and since it couldn't reverse without flipping it I had to cut the bolt off.

Damn you Rob!! i can totally see that happening to me! ;)

And I just bought a standard set (the ones you have to flip over).

Now I'll have to buy the ones with the lever......

Geoff87 said:
Damn you Rob!! i can totally see that happening to me! ;)

And I just bought a standard set (the ones you have to flip over).

Now I'll have to buy the ones with the lever......
hehe...at least you know what to watch out for now before you get "Stuck".

How you been Geoff? Hadn't noticed any posts from you in a while. Hadn't got washed away by all the rain have you? Guess it hadn't rained that much there in HI since when I was there 2 years ago this month.

2QUIK6 couldnt you have just moved the wrench off the bolt onto the thread area of the bolt and used and another openended wrench to tighten it enough?

Quiky One said:
2QUIK6 couldnt you have just moved the wrench off the bolt onto the thread area of the bolt and used and another openended wrench to tighten it enough?
no, this particular bolt has a flat area on the front like a made on washer on the nut head preventing the boxed in wrench from going completely past the nut.

I can't say much for any of the Craftsmen stuff, but I know that the Blackhawk ones are fantastic. My brother is a Mac distributor and can't keep them in stock. all the techs love them.