Cracked "New" Champion heads

Originally posted by Two Lane
Otto,

So you've needed to replace the guides every 1000 miles so far?:confused:
No i finally replaced them but it only took about a 1000 miles before the car started smoking.ANd it just got worse and worse, But i needed to replace a head gasket (lasted over a year and started to push out of the bottom) so i had them replaced only to find all my exhaust valves were warped on the seat. BUt hte good thing was the car made 437 horsepower, Changed the guides, the valves and put on a set of headers with hte same boost it made 540 at the rear wheels. I really do know exactly were all the power came from but it sure wasnt there before and the car would only pull to 5100. Now it pulls to 6000 and has by accident a few time seen 6600.
Now i just need to get back to the track with my neew found horsepowerl, the week after i get back from Vegas ill be going.
Otto

Originally posted by STP
You can reuse the Cometics if the coating isn't damaged.

You can reuse these gaskets. you will need to purchase the outer skins (3 piece gasket) and the costly center section can be reused. Call Cosmetic for more details.
Jeff

I reuse my Cometics if the coating on the two outer pieces is still intact. Just went 135mph with the car in Bristol with used Cometics.

just wanted to let everyone know that i also had a problem with my gn1's cracking---i talked to tom and sent them back to be repaired-- and i have to say their customer service was great!! tom talked to me every time i called and called me back to keep me updated. from the time i sent them back and recived them back was less than 4 weeks.

So are the new GN1's being sold now. The ones with the logo towards the back and the new improvements.:confused:

The new GN-1's will soon be avaialble. For anyone interested, Champion wil have a booth set up at the World Street Finals this weekend.

I to have had cracking isues with my champion 14 bolt heads since i bought them a couple years ago. I have over $1000.00 dollars in repair work done to these heads.Cracking in the spark plug holes.I sent them to a local shop for welding since i did not want to wait months to get them back from champion.

Well i blew my first head gasket 4 months ago and did hurt that head. Mean while the other head was recracking where it was repaired a year ago:mad: Tom said send them back for replacement castings, this has been 4 months ago:rolleyes: Asked if he would set me up with gn1Rs and he said that will be another 2000.00 plus rocker arms :eek: Are these heads more expensive to make then the regular gns? Im feeling sick now:( I think i will just wait for the TA heads:p Steve

cracked" new" champion heads

my R heads were shipped to champion to be repaired, in 16 days i had them back repaired, they only have one welder and he is pretty buisy' i called ta performance about their race head with 2,200 intake valve and 1,60 exhaust valve fully ported the price i was quoted was 3,000 the t& d rockers were 585 dollars plus shipping, the salesman at ta performance said it would be a few days before they would be ready to ship, i talked to bill and tom at the reynolds race about their new heads and intake , their new heads and intake and new t &d rockers, tom said he hoped they would be ready in a few days, speed cost money, someone said that, i have two pair of champion heads and 1 pair of m&a and 3 pairs of stage 2 heads. so i wanna go faster, stage 2 heads or bigger champions or , im getting to old for this game anyway, just my 2 cents:rolleyes: