Need help deciding what heads to use.

GNVAIR

Goals are mid 10's. Street car that will be driven often.
I have had a set of Champion Iron heads for years. I have all of the other supporting hardware.......
Eagle rotating assembly (stock stroke), DLS 206/206 roller cam (this was for ported iron heads), T&D shafts, 66mm turbo, Precision intercooler, Razor' s alky.
I just got my hands on a set of Champion GN1 aluminum heads with the rockers.
While the engine is apart for freshening my machinist was going to get a set of pistons made to put the piston at 0 deck and adjust the compression with the dish. I was going to set the squish with the head gasket thickness shooting for approx .040". I would like to raise the compression at the same time.
My dilema is do I stick with the iron heads and current camshaft or should I put the combo together with the aluminum heads and get another cam. Is it worth the trouble setting it up for the aluminum heads with a mid 10 second goal?
Lastly........I was going to try to set the compression at 9.1
Would it be beneficial to go higher than this? From what I have seen in the past the aluminum heads can take slightly more. Any info is appreciated.

Goals are mid 10's. Street car that will be driven often.

My dilema is do I stick with the iron heads and current camshaft or should I put the combo together with the aluminum heads and get another cam. Is it worth the trouble setting it up for the aluminum heads with a mid 10 second goal?
Lastly........I was going to try to set the compression at 9.1..................

You will have a great street build with the alum heads, 9.1 compression and 206/206 roller cam.

There is no downside to this combo as we just finished a similar build a couple weeks ago, and have done 1/2 dozen similar GN builds this year.

One of my street cars has this combination with a 66mm TE-45A, and this is my favorite street build!

Your "problem" will be keeping your tires hooked up through second gear, so you may want to spend some $$$ for better rubber especially if the tires are 12 years old?

I doubt that you can run more than 20-22 PSI, even with good rubber, as your mid-range torque and HP will be awesome, have fun! :)

Is it worth the trouble setting it up for the aluminum heads with a mid 10 second goal?
a champion head is far from maxed out at mid 10s,so its a personal choice to run what head you like.i like compression regardless of the head used.

Awesome info! That's the exact turbo I have Nick.........from long long ago
Thanks for the advice guys

What times did you run b/f the new build?

You will have a great street build with the alum heads, 9.1 compression and 206/206 roller cam.

There is no downside to this combo as we just finished a similar build a couple weeks ago, and have done 1/2 dozen similar GN builds this year.

One of my street cars has this combination with a 66mm TE-45A, and this is my favorite street build!

Your "problem" will be keeping your tires hooked up through second gear, so you may want to spend some $$$ for better rubber especially if the tires are 12 years old?

I doubt that you can run more than 20-22 PSI, even with good rubber, as your mid-range torque and HP will be awesome, have fun! :)
What converter do you run with this combo?