Cotton is the MAN

charlie

Wanted to share my pictures of the project that has seen too many shops, and never got what I wanted until I met Jack Cotton. He agreed to bring our project (half completed) home - well to a point where we'll take it back over.

Jack Cotton has finally posted pictures of our car and I wanted to share the link.
Stoked - - TurboBuicks.com
Hope the link loads....

Its been since 1998 when we first bought the Stage II block and heads. Long road, $$$ and look now --- brought tears to my eyes.

Thanks for looking
Kelli Cox

It will when you get the bill too:biggrin: J/K she looks great Jack has done one hell of a job on it i know you will be super happy to get her back and again i love the color can't wait to see it in person

Looks great Kelli and nice work Jack.

Nice to meet you at BPG Kelli, if you guys get to Etown let me know, I'd be happy to film the car going down the track.

was that first pic at the bbq this past febuary? car looks great, jack and brian are both great people.

Ya, I think I'm in the background.:) It looked great then. It's even better now. Have fun with it!

Very nice job on the car Brian,Keep us updated on how it runs.
you got hte makings there for a fast car

i think it was your buddy who got the block from me there.
Yes it was. He's had a tragic week. He brother was killed in a motorcycle crash this earlier this week.:frown:

Wanted to share my pictures of the project that has seen too many shops, and never got what I wanted until I met Jack Cotton. He agreed to bring our project (half completed) home - well to a point where we'll take it back over.

Jack Cotton has finally posted pictures of our car and I wanted to share the link.
Stoked - - TurboBuicks.com
Hope the link loads....

Its been since 1998 when we first bought the Stage II block and heads. Long road, $$$ and look now --- brought tears to my eyes.

Thanks for looking
Kelli Cox

That was YOUR car?...W-0-W!...I saw it last February at Jack's barbecue and now this week ...I even heard it running!...It's going to be one heck of a ride once everything finished! Congrats on a great looking car! :wink:

Claude. :)

P.S: Yes Jack is "THE MAN" !...:D

Good looking build.

Question though: Does your hood close with that straight up radiator cap that you have? I have a similar radiator and was wondering if it was going to work.

Don't know about the hood. Sent it to Jack without one. Going to pick it up next week or so.

Kelli Cox

Dude wow very clean and sweet! Jack does nice work!

Question: why is it nessary to re-locate the breathers?

Wow no one can answer this?

I'm pretty sure it's to prevent oil from seeping out of them because there quite a good amount of oil splashing under the valve covers that would eventually find it's way out...

Jack...am I right?...:D

Claude. :wink:

I've seen them relocated to keep oil that sometimes comes out of them off of the engine/headers/etc.

I'm not sure about this setup? maybe it's a custom catch can where we can't see the additional hoses?

Cool it's to catch oil coming out. Why would oil come out? I've seen this type of setup on most if not all "fast" forced induction cars.

Cool it's to catch oil coming out. Why would oil come out?

Like I said in my previous post, it's just because some oil splashes around inside the valve covers and every now and then a drop manages to find it's way inside the breathers which becomes soaked after a while and eventually, that oil seeps out of the breather...:wink: It doesn't mean there's something wrong with the engine...:redface:
I can't explain better than this...

Claude. :wink:

Cool it's to catch oil coming out. Why would oil come out? I've seen this type of setup on most if not all "fast" forced induction cars.
it's called crank case pressure. that is why you also see so many vacuum pumps, to remove or relieve the crank case pressure.