Cotton goes into the 8s

Mike_G

Stock ? MUHAHAH Yes Why?
I would like to say congrats to Jack for cracking into the 8s tonight at Cecil County dragway
1st 8 was 8.98 @15x mph, he then backed it with an 8.96 @153 Sounds like its time for some wheelie bars and the chute !!

That's great, Jack! He's running a 76 Innovative turbo, and just put on new slicks a week or so ago and now his back bumper is in fear for its life!! :) Every launch this weekend was a wheelstand, and most times he would lift, the front wheels would touch, he'd hammer it again, and it would come right back up for another 20-40 feet. Friday he got about a 9.1, and Saturday daytime the best I saw was a 9.0x. Guess it cooled off Sat. night and that did it.

Originally posted by Mike_G
I would like to say congrats to Jack for cracking into the 8s tonight at Cecil County dragway
1st 8 was 8.98 @15x mph, he then backed it with an 8.96 @153 Sounds like its time for some wheelie bars and the chute !!
Damn, I missed it. We left at 4:00pm after eliminations. I knew Jack was knocknig on the door with lots of consistent 9.0x runs. I thought that if he could just keep that damn front end from coming up 4-5 feet or so and stay in it he'd go 8's. Guess he figured it out.

Congrats Jack you deserve it and sorry I missed it. Guess you're going to have to do it again for me!

Any one got an digitized video of those wheel stands, especially the ones in eliminations?

He is the sickest driver I ever saw! He would bounce the front end three times before he hit the 1/8 mile, that's crazy!

Congratualtions Jack on those 8 second passes...... There are many set backs and lil gremblims that we have to chase to get to that sweet spot!!!!!! Relish in it Jack, you have worked hard to attain that 8sec pass....!!!!!!!
Joe Horvith

Jack is the MAN! I saw him run 2 personal bests of 9.07 and then 9.06 then we had to start our drive back to NC. My car phone rings and it's Jack excited because he got the 8.98. Woo hoo.. congrats bud. I guess he also got a 8.96. too Cool... Jack Thanks for all the hospitality over the weekend!

Sully

An eight second pumkin just in time for halloween!
To the competition...trick or treat!;)

Congratulations Jack O' Latern, how much left do you have with the Super 76mm Turbo???

WAWHOOOOO !!! Thanks guys, what a weekend........ I want to thank John Sortis and Co. for putting this together, it is a 1st class event that should be put on everyones calendar. Also, thanks to Cecil County Dragway, what a class act they are, the best prepped track in the east!!!
I'm going to start another thread for my thank yous, it's about time I identify who is responsible for my good fortune over the years. I will say this much, anyone that thinks it's easy to step into an 8 second pass or car is up for a rude awakening. Enough of that, back to the thread..... I had a great time, spent most of the weekend looking at the hood of my car, wondering if I was going straight or not, had to lift every now and then just to take a peek at the track. Friday was basically getting over my big wheelie from the weekend before, once I did that, the fear of the big wheelie went away. When the car came up, I had a much better handle and feel for what was happening. I ran 9.1's on friday, 9.0's on sat then saturday nite as we sat around watching the videos, we decided it was time to get serious. We determined I needed to keep the frt end down if I wanted an 8 second pass, so low boost launches were the plan. My first pass was a rip out of the hole, definitely had 8 second written all over it, but I drifted to the center line and couldn't pull it back and had to lift. We decided to get in the left lane since that was the lane of choice for most, including the Cecil Cnty pro mod that was testing. So up I go, with Johnny and Jerry at my sides.... they coached me and kept telling me "no boost" off the line!!!! Well it worked, the hardest and nastiest launch I ever experienced, frt end about 2 feet off the ground, tires were ripping and growling, straight as an arrow hit every shift, went over the finish line and absolutely knew it was an 8 !!!!!! What a feeling, folks...... thats it, really ...... don't need to go any faster. I ran my 8 with a Turbonetics T76 comp wheel, under 30lbs of boost on a 10.5" tire at 3350lbs. To be exact, 28lbs in first and 2nd, 29lbs in 3rd. Will I and can I go faster, probably, but only if the opportunity presents itself. I have wanted to make this pass for some time now but only recently did I know the time was there. This past weekend, I absolutely went to Cecil on a mission, an 8 second pass, WE did it!
Thanks to all we hung and met down there, it was an awsome weekend. damnnnnn, now I have to go change my signature again...

Jack,

It was really great to finally meet you. Bobby talked so much about how cool you were and he was right. I hope you run a 7.96 at the next event just so i can stick around for the food again. :)
Congratulations on reaching your goal, but I'm sure going faster is in the future. :) It was good meeting Johnny, Jerry, your girlfriend, your grey parrot :), and the rest of the crew. See you in February in Florida.

For those of you that missed it, you missed a great pass, it was awesome to stand at the fence and watch the car keep the front down and just disappear to the finish line. The car was straight as an arrow going down the track.

Oh, if you don't remember me I'm Bobby Mason's oldest son. :)

Way to go Jack! You've done so much for other cars including mine that it's about time you got your turn! Wish I could have been there (Damn Work). I'll do my best to make the next 'road' trip so I can watch you run the number. Looks like dat pumpkin might give others a little 'indigestion' now