correct valve spring height

JC3569

what is the correct valve spring height for stock heads with comp 980 valve springs?any info would be great.

what is the correct valve spring height for stock heads with comp 980 valve springs?any info would be great.
What pressure are you looking for? I'll measure one after you post the lbs you are looking for. You really need to check every spring you install and shim as needed to get the correct pressure.

Hi bison thanks for helping i talked to u before and u said 70 thous.shimms.I have a stock cam if that helps.

Hi bison thanks for helping i talked to u before and u said 70 thous.shimms.I have a stock cam if that helps.
You're going to need more than .070 if want any pressure. If I recall the
Last set of those I used was installed around 1.680". I can't remember the pressure at that height though

You're going to need more than .070 if want any pressure. If I recall the
Last set of those I used was installed around 1.680". I can't remember the pressure at that height though

if i install at that height i should not have any problems right.also is it ok if some have different shimms.as long as they all have the same install height correct.

if i install at that height i should not have any problems right.also is it ok if some have different shimms.as long as they all have the same install height correct.
If youre shimming for pressure you may have slightly different installed heights on them. The shims used doesn't really matter as long as the outcome is what you want. I'd used a hardened shim direct under the spring though.

If youre shimming for pressure you may have slightly different installed heights on them. The shims used doesn't really matter as long as the outcome is what you want. I'd used a hardened shim direct under the spring though.

WHat should the spring pressure be for the stock cam.