cop gets owned for writing ticket for DOT tires

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Mr. 104 posts/ joined last month. A 89 turbo trans am is a whole different animal than a 89 TPI Iroc. Trust me, I've been shaming those slow rides for 20 years. hahaha. Read some 5hit newbie!

Not all the TPI's were junk. Ok maybe the stock ones and definately the 305's. I had an 86 IROC 400ci, Dart II's, Accel Computer, with the tuned port on top that would run like a mutha.

my 1stgn like i said your thinking is asinine, i should expect to get pulled over because my car is modded, no idiots that drive like you not paying attention when they decide to screw off are the ones that get pulled over in a modded car.

Can you try writing your sentence in English with proper grammar so I could read it and reply? :confused: This "idiot" cannot understand what you are trying to say. And fyi, Im not the one saying I get pulled over for screwing off so still not sure what you are talking about. I shall wait for your corrections.:wink:

so your saying because you mod your car you expect to get stopped, right. that's asinine thinking. if a cop has a legitimate reason to issue a citation then fine. stopping someone and then not being able to explain the meaning of the violation as it's written is ridiculous. he should have had a depth gauge and a clear explanation of why he was writing this ticket not sstttuutteerrriinngg out nonsense when asked what the law was.

Wow? Nice thinking. Yeah he should also have a smog machine to prove your mods are affecting emission and maybe even a "Moron Micrometer" so he could give you a ticket for "DWBAM" (Driving While Being A Moron) Yes, modded cars can be pulled over and inspected if the officer deems necessary. Having the cop explain why its illegal to drive on "bald" tires is like having the officer explain to O.J. why murder is illegal. The cop stated he thought his tires where bald. And I doubt anyone here will change their mind after they have written a ticket. And he cant just rip it up as most cops are held accountable for every ticket in their book.

Out of all the arrests, citations, tickets, etc how many of those do you think every end up guilty? So every cop who arrests someone for a crime, and then the suspect ends up being proved innocent, should no longer arrest other suspects because he does not know what he is doing or does not know that aspect of the law? WOW! And my thinking is asinine? Man, you should be a cop then the world would be great!

Hey Mr. 104 posts/ joined last month. A 89 turbo trans am is a whole different animal than a 89 TPI Iroc. Trust me, I've been shaming those slow rides for 20 years. hahaha. Read some 5hit newbie!

hey buddy, i was referring to both being Fbodys!!!!!! also post count is like measuring dick size. in the end who does it really impress? also didnt you see the smilely face being a humerous post?

you call me a newb? thats funny as hell bud. Alot of replys makes me think this site has some old heads on this site that should be more worried about their social security then worring about fast cars.

I dont think any Camaro came stock with a 3.8 Turbo v6, so then "no" not the same thing in this case. The cop did mess up though, If I was the cop, I would have made the kid pop his hood and Im pretty sure you can find some other infractions as I doubt this kid has the rest of his car completely stock. But I know if it was me, and he was being a prick. I would have probably cause (judging by his modified high performance tires) to look under his hood. So then yes, I guess the kid got off luckly. He could have had other possible tickets in which he would have been wrong.

But dont forget, cops are men just like the rest of us. And how many times have you guys been on this board and had a disagreement about a subject with someone else? (Just like this subject) Or how many times have you disagreed with someone else period? And after the end of the arguement, did either of you change your mind? So why would you expect the cop to change his mind? Either way they both thought they were right and thats wy we have judges to have a third point of view basically, introduce someone who is not emotionally involved in the debate.
its a fbody!!!!! i referring to the chassis, sheesh. popping the hood to see if modded thats aload of bull. i can bring a vehicle that is modded and you pop the hood and would never know it was.

its a fbody!!!!! i referring to the chassis, sheesh. popping the hood to see if modded thats aload of bull. i can bring a vehicle that is modded and you pop the hood and would never know it was.

Blah blah blah....another cop hating thread, what a surprise around here.

Only one who got owned around here is YOU. The Hoosier website CLEARLY states their tires are not for highway use.

Your turbo kit isn't 50 state emissions legal. Impound that 12 second, 700RWHP junk and call you a cab.

So how likely is that black going to mug some one? So arrest him he is likely going to mug some one.
So how likely is that Puerto Rican going to steel your car? So arrest him he is likely going to steel a car.
So how likely is that White guy going to buy drugs? So arrest him he is likely going to buy some drugs.

Great logic guys.
Just bend over and forget about your rights.

When I have gotten pulled over for doing something I don't have a problem with it. Give me the ticket and the check is in the mail.
At the same time leave me the fock alone if I haven't done anything wrong don't want to talk to you don't want to look at you don't want to have to deal with you.

Mr Friendly over here. Hope you notified DMV when you swapped the TR motor in your Chevelle. Hope you have a receipt for every nut and bolt used in that swap otherwise it's considered a stolen part and your speed demon gets impounded.

Hope you don't have a problem with all these little legal technicalities if you get pulled over for doing nothing wrong.

First off im not a fan of the police and im not one to call them when in need of one,so ill get that right in the open,ill handle it myself as I found they are not too helpfull..

The cops speed around town like they own it,they run threw lights when there is a donut shortage at 7-11,they talk down to you(most of the time) when your getting pulled over..

Its also your right to use your 1st amendment and if a cop is going to ticket me,I use mine to the fullest and have even signed the ticket "f-you" while speaking it out loud,if I feel he is wrong and I have beat those same tickets in the courtroom with the cop pointing out my signature,the judge told them "well he signed it"..

They have a right to pull you over if your doing something wrong,but when they pull you over 15-20 times while out boating to do a safety check like they did me when do you consider the line crossed?

Abuse of power,no regards to the laws they enforce is the best way to describe most cops...I have 2 that are friends by the way..

We could argue all day about this(good cop,bad cop,I likey,I hatey) but that cop ticketed them kids for a law he didnt enforce proper,if it was beat in court there should be some small penalty the officer should face so next time he is on his high horse and someone wants to teach him the law,maybe he will listen...But like most cops point out ... " Go ahead and take it to court,I get paid to show up"

Yeah you beat all them tickets. You and your high dollar mouthpiece no doubt.

Too bad we can't use our 1st amendment rights like you law abiding citizens can. Oh wait here I can.

Glad to hear Sherlock Holmes here won't be calling the police if some horrible crime with no witnesses should unfortunately befall one of his loved ones cause he can handle it himself.

So in honor of our 1st amendment rights......go fukc yourself Huckleberry.

Blah blah blah....another cop hating thread, what a surprise around here.

Only one who got owned around here is YOU. The Hoosier website CLEARLY states their tires are not for highway use.

Your turbo kit isn't 50 state emissions legal. Impound that 12 second, 700RWHP junk and call you a cab.

it passes emissions just fine buddy. learn a thing of two, i pass with flying colors for my emissions test that i take every year.

i didnt get owned, hooiser does that to cover their ass. Also i didnt make the video.

hey just cause you cant do 700rwhp doesnt mean you need to bash. But jealously is a mofo

It doesn't matter what Hoosier's website says.. as that doesn't define the states laws.

All it DOES is protect Hoosier from a huge law suit if he turns himself into a grease stain on the HWY.

IF the state has them outlawed in the motor vehicle code.. then that ticket is justified, legal, and will stand. but that varies state by state, so without knowing what state he's in... we might as well be banging our heads against the wall with all this arguing.

FWIW.. my Weld Draglites said "offroad use only" on them too. yet were still "DOT" approved...LOL. I never got a ticket for them.. although, I did have an officer say "Nice tires.. Damn them are nice tires" looking at them with my 305/50 Radial TA's.

It's just like window tint, or those Neon undercarriage lights... most states say that they're illegal, some don't... hell, some only certain colors are legal.

What's the "Bottom line"??? If you're going to MOD your car... check local and state laws to make sure all your "MODS" are legal first. Otherwise, you're taking your chances when it comes to running into an anal officer.

Mr Friendly over here. Hope you notified DMV when you swapped the TR motor in your Chevelle. Hope you have a receipt for every nut and bolt used in that swap otherwise it's considered a stolen part and your speed demon gets impounded.

Hope you don't have a problem with all these little legal technicalities if you get pulled over for doing nothing wrong.

Typical of a one sided comment from another cop.
Did you skip this part.

"When I have gotten pulled over for doing something I don't have a problem with it. Give me the ticket and the check is in the mail."

BTW look at my negative comments over here

http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/political-views/276831-just-got-pulled-over-75th-eny.html

Had I gotten pulled over for the same "another car just like this one was just reported stolen" BS I would have bashed them. But it was a legit pull over with them acting like decent people. So I didn't have a problem with it. And since I am quick to point out my negative experience with cops I feel to be fair I must also be quick to point out my positive experiences with them. So please take of the “all civilians are perp’s blinders” and re read my post.

it passes emissions just fine buddy. learn a thing of two, i pass with flying colors for my emissions test that i take every year.

i didnt get owned, hooiser does that to cover their ass. Also i didnt make the video.

hey just cause you cant do 700rwhp doesnt mean you need to bash. But jealously is a mofo

Hey Simpleton, just cause you removed the codes with tuning software doesn't mean it passes emissions. You can't remove a catalytic converter, replace it or even move it's position unless it's defective...ask any mechanic in a muffler shop. That's Federal law bud. Oh wait, did you buy an aftermarket log for that turbo kit? Exhaust manifold falls under emissions in case you didn't know, that's why the only thing you're allowed to change legally is CAT BACK. How was that 700RWHP monster tuned? Oh wait, that's emissions too. Bigger injectors? Emissions. Get it?

Hoosier does it because their tires are not legally road worthy.

Hey, just cause you can spin a dyno fast doesn't mean your car is actually fast. Stick to being a banned truck dyno queen. ;)

Did you skip this part.

"When I have gotten pulled over for doing something I don't have a problem with it. Give me the ticket and the check is in the mail."

http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/political-views/276831-just-got-pulled-over-75th-eny.html

Had I gotten pulled over for the same "another car just like this one was just reported stolen" BS I would have bashed them. But it was a legit pull over with them acting like decent people. So I didn't have a problem with it. And since I am quick to point out my negative experience with cops I feel to be fair I must also be quick to point out my positive experiences with them. So please take of the “all civilians are perp’s blinders”

Yup.. I have no issues with tickets for me doin stuff I deserve. If you want to play, be prepared to pay.

I've also had very good luck with officers down here, they weren't that bad when I had my 72 GS.

I remember taking off from a light, and doing a lane change to pass the slow F'r in front of me.. hammered it at 35.. tires broke loose, swung right.. over corrected, swung left.. let off, got her straight.. and hammered it for a full WOT run..

When the COP in the undercover tahoe behind me finally caught up.. he said "what the hell were you doing".. and all I could say was "sorry, didn't mean for it to get out from under me like that"..LOL. Made no excuse for my 100+mph run. He let me off.. warning, no ticket:eek: .

That kid was an A$$ to the officer.. you'll get it in return. The roadside is no place to argue tickets, take it to court (been there a couple of times too.. for tickets undeserved.. won them all).

Chances are good, if he'd a kept his mouth shut.. played along sayin "no.. I didn't know they weren't legal".. he'd a gotten a fixet ticket. Then he would've had time to research local laws, and take that to the officer to have it signed off on, with the hoosiers still on the car... providing they are legal.

Did you skip this part.

Had I gotten pulled over for the same "another car just like this one was just reported stolen" BS I would have bashed them. But it was a legit pull over with them acting like decent people. So I didn't have a problem with it. And since I am quick to point out my negative experience with cops I feel to be fair I must also be quick to point out my positive experiences with them. So please take of the “all civilians are perp’s blinders” and re read my post.

Typical reply when you don't have an answer for what I posted. WOW, one thread about how the guys who work with the guy you bought your TR from let you go. Yet in this thread you go on and on bashing. Blah blah.

Your Chevelle, although it doesn't have to pass a NY sniff test, is still in violation of Federal Emissions Laws. Unless of course you installed the Air Injection Reactor that came on the 68 Chevelle to control EMISSIONS on the TR motor.

;)

The point is this folks. Don't act like an ass (kid with video) and you won't make an enemy. If that cop sees that kid doing anything wrong in the future, he or his co-workers will throw the book at him.

Pretty simple, right?

PS: Oh and just so you fellas don't sit threr thinking I was born with a PBA card in my pocket...I've probably gotten more tickets growing up then most of you. At one point I had 26 pending tickets. Most were for equipment but a good bunch for moving violations. ;)

Hey Simpleton, just cause you removed the codes with tuning software doesn't mean it passes emissions. You can't remove a catalytic converter, replace it or even move it's position unless it's defective...ask any mechanic in a muffler shop. That's Federal law bud. Oh wait, did you buy an aftermarket log for that turbo kit? Exhaust manifold falls under emissions in case you didn't know, that's why the only thing you're allowed to change legally is CAT BACK. How was that 700RWHP monster tuned? Oh wait, that's emissions too. Bigger injectors? Emissions. Get it?

Hoosier does it because their tires are not legally road worthy.

Hey, just cause you can spin a dyno fast doesn't mean your car is actually fast. Stick to being a banned truck dyno queen. ;)

you talk a big game for having penis envy. your the type of cop that got his ass beat in highschool. now your going to deny everything and spilt out garbage from that trap you call a mouth

also do a search im far from a dyno queen bud. Past the sniffer test with flying colors to bud!!!

also not all counties have emission testing. not all are required to pass any form of emission test to be legal in county. And not in a state the requires Carb approved products either.

you talk a big game for having penis envy. your the type of cop that got his ass beat in highschool. now your going to deny everything and spilt out garbage from that trap you call a mouth

also do a search im far from a dyno queen bud. Past the sniffer test with flying colors to bud!!!

Yeah that's it, I'm jealous of your Hillbilly hot rod. Next time get your inspection done at an independent shop princess. Let them pop the hood and do a visual and see if you pass.

CARB is California. Guess you have your truck inspected in the sticks, where your truck belongs.

Go back to sleep junior.

Yeah that's it, I'm jealous of your Hillbilly hot rod. Next time get your inspection done at an independent shop princess. Let them pop the hood and do a visual and see if you pass.

CARB is California. Guess you have your truck inspected in the sticks, where your truck belongs.

Go back to sleep junior.

bitchass's thinking they are someone. I didnt know pittsburgh was the sticks. and jealously is a mofo. im glad you keep replying back to the fuel i add to the fire. it just shows what type of ppl some law enforcement actually are. the majority that most reference is you buddy. youre the disgrace to law enforcement. So go ahead with your comeback and just prove to everyone who you are behind that badge.

O btw popped the hood and passed visual as well. stick to your NY laws but for your info in PA they run the OBDII scan on all new vehicles, its only the old OBD1 and older vehicles that require the gas cap and sniffer test.

Typical reply when you don't have an answer for what I posted. WOW, one thread about how the guys who work with the guy you bought your TR from let you go. Yet in this thread you go on and on bashing. Blah blah.

Your Chevelle, although it doesn't have to pass a NY sniff test, is still in violation of Federal Emissions Laws. Unless of course you installed the Air Injection Reactor that came on the 68 Chevelle to control EMISSIONS on the TR motor.

;)

You need to do some re-reading of my post's because it seems that you must be confusing my posts with other people’s posts. Also because I had a problem with my friend’s coworkers it doesn't make it a problem with him or any decent current (after '99) cop in the 75th. But the P'sOS I HAD to deal with. I wouldn't pee on if they whir on fire. Then again my last bad experience was in the mid to late 90's with the 75th.

Re-read ALL of my posts in this thread then come back with your incorrect assumptions. I'll try to help if I can. Forget it you win i loose you are right i am wrong. All cops are saints and all civilians are criminals. are you happy hope so.

Status
Not open for further replies.