cop gets owned for writing ticket for DOT tires

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a very old one.

And as I said before the only time we have rights is in the courtroom any other time me must just shut up and obey the almighty overseers "commands"

To prove my point read the some of the above posts.
Did he insult the cop? NO.
Did he get loud? NO
So when the Fock did he disrespect the cop?
OH I get he had a deferent opinion and expressed it yeaup beat him down and arrest him he should know not to respectfully disagree with a cop outside of a courtroom. WTF is wrong with this punk kid and his stupid video cam. LOL

I would use my tread depth gauge. But if you use those tires just like I do and you get stopped just take it to court. Got to pay to play sometimes.

Yeah I agree. Smartazz Ricers. Anybody who ever wiped out in the rain while driving on DOT DR's would side with that cop in an instance. Like me for example. The kids going to need some stronger proof than a side wall rating to win his case in court. I do think the DOT on the side of of the tire is to protect the manufacturers and not the car owner in court. Kind of like when you go to the track and having to sign the waiver saying you wont sue if something happens to you. By signing you acknowdledge that something bad could happen to you. Not that something bad will happen to you. Same thing. By acknowledging you know they are DOT you are acknowledging you know what the purpose is. Just like every other video posted on the net this is another bullet in the magazine of evidence that the ambulance chasers can use to get these parts off the streets or shut down a manufacturer with a massive liabilty lawsuit.:mad:

well as one who has been stopped before for the same reason:rolleyes: , i got lucky, the cop who pulled me over was about to write me a ticket when his buddy who liked my gn came over and looked at the DR'S and told his buddy " no , those are good" he was lucky i was just about to pimp slap that cop,:D :D j/k no, the cop was pretty cool, the guy on the video might have been right , but there's a place and time for that.

illegal as in not everything they do is legal not all their vehicles follow the MV code, the rules they enforce they should follow themselves. Majority dont practice what they preach. now not all cops since some are still good ppl but majority are worthless half the time. Maybe its the cops in this region but the judgement comes from experience. As you seen in the video the cop had not known the rules the was trying to enforce. Thus not doing his job and just trying to harrass the persons. Now cause he is in a camaro he is a kid, Dude could be my age which is 30. Now is that still a kid? O wait cause its a camaro hes a kid...Get out of here. When you have facts you should be right but in this case up till the decision the operator was wrong cause the cop is a one track mind.

also if a cop is suppose to be all mighty and protech and etc. Why the hell are most of them overweight fatasses? it seems like the lower you get on the law enforcement ladder the more worthless the cops become.

Okay, I'll give you some of that, as I have certainly seen what you describe. And I do appreciate the way in which you responded. I still have a problem where you use "majority" and "most of" though. And my experience is much different. As opposed to officers believing they can bend the law while a citizen cannot, I think that the majority of officers are kind of in a bind, especially in their personal lives when it comes of even minor law infractions that most people take for granted. With many citizens, stepping over the line here and there is no big deal, and most officers may very well give you a wink and a warning if the citizen is caught. But, if it's done by an officer off duty, they are not entitled to the same amount of slack (and rightfully so). I think most officers are continually examining their behavior believing that they have to be up to a higher standard of propriety than other citizens because of the job they have. In addition, just like any other job, officers have discretion, but that discretion has limits. Do officers believe that the laws that they are charged with enforcing are all fair and righteous? Not all of them, and it's not their call. In most every job there is a boss or bosses passing down edicts and guidelines that the employees are not thrilled with carrying out. Law enforcement is no different. Anyway, Quik, you have you're experiences with the police, and I'm not necessarily trying to sway you away from them. Just asking you to keep an open mind. Thanks again.

The "kid" should have had those white letters turned facing inside. It might not have caught the cops attention in the first place.

In NJ we don't have to sign tickets. What if he refused to sign the ticket? Does he get tased and jailed?

it said he did beat it court and yes they will arrest you for not signing the ticket. for one the cop wasted tax payers money regardless of how little it may have been. if the kid works ,lost day wages, not to mention sitting in f'in courtroom,pia.. i love it just because the guys a teenager he's got a silver spoon in his mouth and is a punk. i had a pretty damn good job when i was 17,18,19. enough to buy stuff to hop up my car, and wasn't afraid to stand up for myself w/cops. how the f**k can people on hear always make assumptions. just because alot of guys are just to scared to stand up to leo's dosen't mean guys who do are punks regardless of age!

Okay, I'll give you some of that, as I have certainly seen what you describe. And I do appreciate the way in which you responded. I still have a problem where you use "majority" and "most of" though. And my experience is much different. As opposed to officers believing they can bend the law while a citizen cannot, I think that the majority of officers are kind of in a bind, especially in their personal lives when it comes of even minor law infractions that most people take for granted. With many citizens, stepping over the line here and there is no big deal, and most officers may very well give you a wink and a warning if the citizen is caught. But, if it's done by an officer off duty, they are not entitled to the same amount of slack (and rightfully so). I think most officers are continually examining their behavior believing that they have to be up to a higher standard of propriety than other citizens because of the job they have. In addition, just like any other job, officers have discretion, but that discretion has limits. Do officers believe that the laws that they are charged with enforcing are all fair and righteous? Not all of them, and it's not their call. In most every job there is a boss or bosses passing down edicts and guidelines that the employees are not thrilled with carrying out. Law enforcement is no different. Anyway, Quik, you have you're experiences with the police, and I'm not necessarily trying to sway you away from them. Just asking you to keep an open mind. Thanks again.

i take it your an officer? well good for you if youre one of the few that are legit. Most cops have done illegal things in their lives, so what makes them any better then the person they are pulling over? NOTHING, absolutely NOTHING. Cause you put on a badge doestn give you authority to be above the law. [you wasnt you just you as ppl] It be great for a citizen to pull out a citation book and write a cop a fine. That would be great since alot of them deserve it. Also around here they get paid squat so to some they just dont care and let other things happen while you just watch. My tires arent a issue the shooting that happens 2 blocks from the police station is more of a concern. this can go on and on so ill let this be the end of my words on it. select few of good cops, rest are worthless

now i didnt bring into state boys and most city cops i seen do their job, its the other mincipalities that give cops bad names.

You are certainly more likely to obey all traffic laws if you drive around on DRAG RADIALS.:rolleyes:

Nothing like a DR for all seasons.

As a city cop who works for Las Vegas on NE side of town in arguably the most violent area in the city where im usually out going from domestic violence call to shooting or robbery or what not (all in progress mind you) from 3pm-1am and in the summertime usually straight through shift with no breaks b/c we have 2 plus pages of calls holding, I do understand where most people'e opinions of police are negative. Believe me in the academy and right after graduation a gun and badge give people a lot of balls and does make up for other areas they lack (myself excluded). People think they can rule the world and thus make police a bitter word and thus create a lot of bad stigmas, some of which are irreversible. Why that guy would waste his time is beyond me. But trust me i have about 3 years experience and went home to Cleveland Ohio (family is there/ i was born and raised there myself) and got pulled over by a suburban small town 20k person municipality and he treated me horribly and the look of horror when I asked how many felons he put away and that I was a cop from a city (Las Vegas) which ranks #1 in auto theft, robberies, dv deaths/injuries, adult/juvenile suicides (non of which makes me a better cop nor "more experience"/but all the while proving a point) that his attitude and demeanor towards me whether im a cop or ordinary citizen was intolerable for a minor traffic offense (failure to use signal). I dont write petty tickets but the most petty offenses usually can land you a big fish. In my area most people are on parole or probation and the question is what crimes have you been to jail for rather than have you ever gone to jail. Im not a traffic unit so i dont have a quota for tickets and only right them when needed. my area is too busy to waste time writing tickets, as vegas in general is like that. im not putting down cops who work smaller areas. but since i was younger and even now i notice more often then not a lot of young cops thinking they rule the world. its just like having a fast car. there is always someone around the corner with a faster car! How this cop knew the tire was illegal before stopping it if it was his probable cause to stop the car is beyond me. ive been around cars all my life and from afar i could never testify that i could do that. i dont pull over people with loud exhaust or limo tint windows (b/c my cars have these faults lol).

Unfortunately with departments becoming more liable for officer actions we will continue to most likely over-examine every officer's response to a critical incident. Remember there are good cops out there and we all make mistakes. sorry if one guy pisses u off but seriously a lot of us do try hard to do a good job and put the bad guys who need to be in jail where they belong. I invite any one of you to do a ridealong with me or any personnel in Vegas, Im sure you will have a blast! Its no mistake COPS films out here quite often. B/c we have a lot of characters trust me! And btw the GNS i have pulled over (2) were only to talk with owner and see what their car looked like!;) No tickets given!

You have been a cop for 3 years and never stopped a car for having tinted windows ? I'm not saying you wrote them up but come on you never stopped a car with blacked out windows to check who was in it and then let them go if they were clean ?

i take it your an officer? well good for you if youre one of the few that are legit. Most cops have done illegal things in their lives, so what makes them any better then the person they are pulling over? NOTHING, absolutely NOTHING. Cause you put on a badge doestn give you authority to be above the law. [you wasnt you just you as ppl] It be great for a citizen to pull out a citation book and write a cop a fine. That would be great since alot of them deserve it. Also around here they get paid squat so to some they just dont care and let other things happen while you just watch. My tires arent a issue the shooting that happens 2 blocks from the police station is more of a concern. this can go on and on so ill let this be the end of my words on it. select few of good cops, rest are worthless

now i didnt bring into state boys and most city cops i seen do their job, its the other mincipalities that give cops bad names.

If you tried going back and finishing middle school you wouldn't sound like such a moron. Or maybe if you wern't such a daralick your whole life Cops might actually treat you like a human being vs. the idiot you appear to be....:rolleyes: Did that ever cross your mind....? I didn't think so.

If you tried going back and finishing middle school you wouldn't sound like such a moron. Or maybe if you wern't such a daralick your whole life Cops might actually treat you like a human being vs. the idiot you appear to be....:rolleyes: Did that ever cross your mind....? I didn't think so.

Dude **** you, who the **** do you think you are addressing me like that? you have no idea about me. Your way out of line buddy and, big words from a man who is behind a computer screen.

as for cops, its what i see everyday living in this area. Sorry if you live in mayberry and every cop is legit. Here in the PGH not every cop is legit.

take alook in the miror before speaking that way towards me.

illegal as in not everything they do is legal not all their vehicles follow the MV code, the rules they enforce they should follow themselves. Majority dont practice what they preach. now not all cops since some are still good ppl but majority are worthless half the time. Maybe its the cops in this region but the judgement comes from experience. As you seen in the video the cop had not known the rules the was trying to enforce. Thus not doing his job and just trying to harrass the persons. Now cause he is in a camaro he is a kid, Dude could be my age which is 30. Now is that still a kid? O wait cause its a camaro hes a kid...Get out of here. When you have facts you should be right but in this case up till the decision the operator was wrong cause the cop is a one track mind.

also if a cop is suppose to be all mighty and protech and etc. Why the hell are most of them overweight fatasses? it seems like the lower you get on the law enforcement ladder the more worthless the cops become.

you are a moron and arguing with you will only bring people down to ur level, and you will win be experience.

As a city cop who works for Las Vegas on NE side of town in arguably the most violent area in the city where im usually out going from domestic violence call to shooting or robbery or what not (all in progress mind you) from 3pm-1am and in the summertime usually straight through shift with no breaks b/c we have 2 plus pages of calls holding, I do understand where most people'e opinions of police are negative. Believe me in the academy and right after graduation a gun and badge give people a lot of balls and does make up for other areas they lack (myself excluded). People think they can rule the world and thus make police a bitter word and thus create a lot of bad stigmas, some of which are irreversible. Why that guy would waste his time is beyond me. But trust me i have about 3 years experience and went home to Cleveland Ohio (family is there/ i was born and raised there myself) and got pulled over by a suburban small town 20k person municipality and he treated me horribly and the look of horror when I asked how many felons he put away and that I was a cop from a city (Las Vegas) which ranks #1 in auto theft, robberies, dv deaths/injuries, adult/juvenile suicides (non of which makes me a better cop nor "more experience"/but all the while proving a point) that his attitude and demeanor towards me whether im a cop or ordinary citizen was intolerable for a minor traffic offense (failure to use signal). I dont write petty tickets but the most petty offenses usually can land you a big fish. In my area most people are on parole or probation and the question is what crimes have you been to jail for rather than have you ever gone to jail. Im not a traffic unit so i dont have a quota for tickets and only right them when needed. my area is too busy to waste time writing tickets, as vegas in general is like that. im not putting down cops who work smaller areas. but since i was younger and even now i notice more often then not a lot of young cops thinking they rule the world. its just like having a fast car. there is always someone around the corner with a faster car! How this cop knew the tire was illegal before stopping it if it was his probable cause to stop the car is beyond me. ive been around cars all my life and from afar i could never testify that i could do that. i dont pull over people with loud exhaust or limo tint windows (b/c my cars have these faults lol).

Unfortunately with departments becoming more liable for officer actions we will continue to most likely over-examine every officer's response to a critical incident. Remember there are good cops out there and we all make mistakes. sorry if one guy pisses u off but seriously a lot of us do try hard to do a good job and put the bad guys who need to be in jail where they belong. I invite any one of you to do a ridealong with me or any personnel in Vegas, Im sure you will have a blast! Its no mistake COPS films out here quite often. B/c we have a lot of characters trust me! And btw the GNS i have pulled over (2) were only to talk with owner and see what their car looked like!;) No tickets given!

Honestly, you have no reason to appoligize to anyone here or explain urself. Cops face hard decisions daily and half the people on here that b1tch about it would nevr be able to handle the stress. The fact that we are arguing about a Moron who is using "Drag Radials" on a "daily driver" and we are not to assume that he "races" his car or even "obeys the speed limit" is rediculous. Give me one good reason why he should have those tires on that car, regaurdless if its legal or not? Its the traction that bad on the streets that he needs those tires or does he make to much power to run stock or regular tires? Because Im sure this idiot wouldnt be street racing right? There has got to be a good reason, I just dont see it. Even if it is legal, you should accept the consequences if you get harrassed for having those tires just like you would if you had a loud azz exhuast.

Status
Not open for further replies.