cop gets owned for writing ticket for DOT tires

Status
Not open for further replies.
so your saying because you mod your car you expect to get stopped, right. that's asinine thinking. if a cop has a legitimate reason to issue a citation then fine. stopping someone and then not being able to explain the meaning of the violation as it's written is ridiculous. he should have had a depth gauge and a clear explanation of why he was writing this ticket not sstttuutteerrriinngg out nonsense when asked what the law was.

The question is who do I think you are? A little punk who has run his mouth too many times and got his azz kicked for it by the police deservingly many times im sure.

yea im little, sure buddy. wrong again.

Its not for speaking out your opinion, its for stating "facts" from your point of view and basing that "most" cops are this way. I have noticed the people that get picked on are either doing something wrong or have done something wrong related to the reason they got pulled over for.

Example, what are the odds that this guy has ever street raced in his life, even if its not today? I would say judging by his attitude and car, they where pretty high. Not saying that he has for sure, but Im sure someone like him is more likely to street race than someone like my wife whose car is stock.

My GN has a bigger turbo and supporting mods and if I get pulled over and harassed by the police then that is expecting, even if everything I have is smog legal, its the side effect of modding your car. This guy is more likely to commit an infraction with his vehicle than someone without a modded vehicle, so the fact that he was pulled over for a probably cause is legit to me and if the ticket was written without merit, Holy Crap! Thats why we have a judge to see if it was a legit violation or not. The cop should have handed this dutch bag a straw too with the ticket so he could suck it up!

the way you state it is, if we mod our vehicles we deserve to be pulled over? if that is the case we all should be driving stock non performance vehicles.

also this is typical stereotyping. judging a book by its cover

laws are laws. just because murder is worse than speeding doesnt mean they should only look for murderers. thats why they have traffic cops, beat cops, homicide, auto squad...etc you have to enforce all the laws not just the ones that are deemed more important. you for one should know how much stuff they let slide in ur area...if they actaully didnt let things slide it would be a much better place.

you are right with different kind of cops. but areas like mine they dont have those the cops are universal. from meter maid to traffic to domestic and this brings my point of where the locals that arent paid as much are the worthless ones.

its a known fact if you arent paid as well, your performance will suffer. wage determines majority of ppls outlook and how they address things.

so your saying because you mod your car you expect to get stopped, right. that's asinine thinking. if a cop has a legitimate reason to issue a citation then fine. stopping someone and then not being able to explain the meaning of the violation as it's written is ridiculous. he should have had a depth gauge and a clear explanation of why he was writing this ticket not sstttuutteerrriinngg out nonsense when asked what the law was.

No. Im saying because you mod your car dont be surprised if you get stopped, huge difference. For once be a man and be responsable for your actions. Thats the same type of argument people use when they get over for speeding "But they are speeding too, why dont you stop them?" Its like shooting ducks. You think the duck ever asks "Why did you shoot me? They are ducks too?" If you dont want to get pulled over for any sort of vehicle violations, then dont modify your car. Thats it. If you want to modify your car, then dont be surprised if you get pulled over. And I bet out of every 20 times you pass a cop, you might get pulled over 1 time. Big deal, suck it up. If the cop is wrong, go to court. If its a waste of your time, dont mod your car.

the way you state it is, if we mod our vehicles we deserve to be pulled over? if that is the case we all should be driving stock non performance vehicles.

also this is typical stereotyping. judging a book by its cover

You dont deserve to get pulled over but if you do, dont be surprised. You know how many times I got pulled over as a teenager driving around in a lowered 85 Cutlass? 14 times, I kept count. And 3 times they searched my entire vehicle. 0 Times I was arrested. And I didnt cry about it at all. Seriously people are waaayyyyyyy to sensitive in this country. If you want the cops to leave you alone, dont break the law or dont even look like your breaking the law. And believe it or not, cops are human, just like your co-workers. Think about how many people like you at work. Now think about how many people dont like you, Im sure there is a few, and thats how it is in law enforcement. Everyone is different, has different attitudes and some are bigger pricks than others. But treat them all respectfully and chances are you will get a warning. Why dont you prettend ur a cop and pulled over a 17 year old in a Honda with rims and loud exhuast. Im sure there will be hundreds of people saying how much of a prick you are, but your just doing your job. Man up people, life isnt fair and sitting here b1tching about it just makes it worse.

No. Im saying because you mod your car dont be surprised if you get stopped, huge difference. For once be a man and be responsable for your actions. Thats the same type of argument people use when they get over for speeding "But they are speeding too, why dont you stop them?" Its like shooting ducks. You think the duck ever asks "Why did you shoot me? They are ducks too?" If you dont want to get pulled over for any sort of vehicle violations, then dont modify your car. Thats it. If you want to modify your car, then dont be surprised if you get pulled over. And I bet out of every 20 times you pass a cop, you might get pulled over 1 time. Big deal, suck it up. If the cop is wrong, go to court. If its a waste of your time, dont mod your car.

You dont deserve to get pulled over but if you do, dont be surprised. You know how many times I got pulled over as a teenager driving around in a lowered 85 Cutlass? 14 times, I kept count. And 3 times they searched my entire vehicle. 0 Times I was arrested. And I didnt cry about it at all. Seriously people are waaayyyyyyy to sensitive in this country. If you want the cops to leave you alone, dont break the law or dont even look like your breaking the law. And believe it or not, cops are human, just like your co-workers. Think about how many people like you at work. Now think about how many people dont like you, Im sure there is a few, and thats how it is in law enforcement. Everyone is different, has different attitudes and some are bigger pricks than others. But treat them all respectfully and chances are you will get a warning. Why dont you prettend ur a cop and pulled over a 17 year old in a Honda with rims and loud exhuast. Im sure there will be hundreds of people saying how much of a prick you are, but your just doing your job. Man up people, life isnt fair and sitting here b1tching about it just makes it worse.

i see your point but it still leads to saying have a 100% stock vehicle then. Pulling over someone cause of how they look [vehicle] is ridiculous. I take my truck out and dont get harssed. Actually cops give me thumbs up so does everyone else. You dont expect that type of sound from a truck and it does stand out cause its bright white with electron SS stripes. Since any of its mods it has never been pulled over. I Get stopped at gas stations and asked a million questions but dont get harrassed.

it comes down to what vehicle your in, if your getting harrassed. if you roll thru my area in a escalade with rims and tint your getting stopped. ride around in a Fbody and get stopped, ride around in a Gbody and get stopped. Makes no sense but just how it is. never got stopped in my 5.0 but got stopped idling at a redlight in a camaro SS. in my regals i got pulled over constantly and it was stock.

if your doing something illegal yes get pulled over and take it like a man/woman. if your just obeying laws and just doing your thing. there isnt a reason to get pulled over.

First off im not a fan of the police and im not one to call them when in need of one,so ill get that right in the open,ill handle it myself as I found they are not too helpfull..

The cops speed around town like they own it,they run threw lights when there is a donut shortage at 7-11,they talk down to you(most of the time) when your getting pulled over..

Its also your right to use your 1st amendment and if a cop is going to ticket me,I use mine to the fullest and have even signed the ticket "f-you" while speaking it out loud,if I feel he is wrong and I have beat those same tickets in the courtroom with the cop pointing out my signature,the judge told them "well he signed it"..

They have a right to pull you over if your doing something wrong,but when they pull you over 15-20 times while out boating to do a safety check like they did me when do you consider the line crossed?

Abuse of power,no regards to the laws they enforce is the best way to describe most cops...I have 2 that are friends by the way..

We could argue all day about this(good cop,bad cop,I likey,I hatey) but that cop ticketed them kids for a law he didnt enforce proper,if it was beat in court there should be some small penalty the officer should face so next time he is on his high horse and someone wants to teach him the law,maybe he will listen...But like most cops point out ... " Go ahead and take it to court,I get paid to show up"

First off im not a fan of the police and im not one to call them when in need of one,so ill get that right in the open,ill handle it myself as I found they are not too helpfull..

The cops speed around town like they own it,they run threw lights when there is a donut shortage at 7-11,they talk down to you(most of the time) when your getting pulled over..

Its also your right to use your 1st amendment and if a cop is going to ticket me,I use mine to the fullest and have even signed the ticket "f-you" while speaking it out loud,if I feel he is wrong and I have beat those same tickets in the courtroom with the cop pointing out my signature,the judge told them "well he signed it"..

They have a right to pull you over if your doing something wrong,but when they pull you over 15-20 times while out boating to do a safety check like they did me when do you consider the line crossed?

Abuse of power,no regards to the laws they enforce is the best way to describe most cops...I have 2 that are friends by the way..

We could argue all day about this(good cop,bad cop,I likey,I hatey) but that cop ticketed them kids for a law he didnt enforce proper,if it was beat in court there should be some small penalty the officer should face so next time he is on his high horse and someone wants to teach him the law,maybe he will listen...But like most cops point out ... " Go ahead and take it to court,I get paid to show up"

good words!!!!

as a cop for 17 years I personally don't know a lot about traffic enforcement as I have never worked a traffic unit, but I do have opportunity to make traffic stops, and there are always times that if you don't know for sure you just get a hold of somebody who does, it is obviously this officer was a little unsure himself, in hindsight he will probably agree he should have sought out some guidance from somebody else who knows the regs a little better before he wrote a ticket that was not going anywhere and wasting everybody's time...then again maybe he was being called to go to some other priority and didn't have the time, I just know in my dept the guys aren't afraid to ask if they don't know

If I was a cop and saw some punk looking white kid with his hat backward and chains around his neck trying to be a gangster look alike, and having black wheels with "HOOSIER" in bright white on the sidewall.. I'd pull him over too.. Try to be discreet, it works better. I have driven around town on slicks more times than I can count and never had a cop mess with me about it. No white lettering and trying not to stick out in the crowd makes you less likely to get tickets. Oh and be respectful to law officers. You life may depend on that guy one day.

dammm I am old... ok here is an old persons "look" on this and cops.. #1 don't mouth off to cops .. WTF are you thinking.. doesn't matter if your right or wrong ..they stopped you for a reason !! Lame?? maybe BUT thats life.. I got stopped a lot when I was a kid.. most kids do !! why?? because we are screwing around 99% of the time !!:p
...I WAS TAUGHT TO SHUT MY MOUTH , GET THE TICKET, GO TO COURT . oh when I got speeding tickets the courts were nothing like what happened when my parents found out!! I swear they had someone trailin me all the time :p Kids today have NO respect for anyone.. I couldn't be a cop because of something like the kid with his camera goin :mad: I'd stick it up his ass!! YOU be an ASS to the cop you will get a smile from him as he is usually finds some more "infractions" :biggrin: as ya get older its not as bad .. both the "kid" and the "cop" mature ... well some do and some don't!!!

.. We drive Melissa's 9 sec car on the street all summer long .. ya we have drag radials that we watch so they are not "slicks". I wouldn't have a white lettered "name" sticking out ... like draws attention .. oh they really like guages on the hood to :rolleyes: Her car looks like a nothing car so we don't draw attention to it .. Ya its quiet to :biggrin:

..years ago she got a ticket for a loud exhaust. a 3" single!! Car was ...welll ..obnoxious.. would set off car alarms driving by them .. was funny @ 1am :p .. well she got a ticket and we went to court. I just brought the box the muffler came in and showed the judge.. Judge looked at it and dismissed the case.. Cop was NOT happy.. SOOOOO she avoided THAT town.. see it wasn't hard to avoid trouble..

...ok I am just babbling now :biggrin:
You are right on most degrees. MOST kids these days have no respect for elders. I, for one, do. I've been pulled over three times (speeding, tint, no signal) and have yet to get a ticket. I treat the cop with respect, tell him I was wrong and he usually ends up agreeing. All good points you brought up.

Jason

From the Hoosier website, https://www.hoosiertire.com/specdrag.pdf looks like these "drag radials" are intended for off road use only. The DOT rating I believe is to be able to run in the drag radial class at NHRA drag radial shootouts. He should of went with Mickey T's or BFGs. Why would he need a drag radial anyway? Slow camaro's usually have hard time chirping 2nd gear. haha! J/K, well hell, this is a Buick website. Bash away. Pay the ticket and fly under the radar from now on.

From the Hoosier website, https://www.hoosiertire.com/specdrag.pdf looks like these "drag radials" are intended for off road use only. The DOT rating I believe is to be able to run in the drag radial class at NHRA drag radial shootouts. He should of went with Mickey T's or BFGs. Why would he need a drag radial anyway? Slow camaro's usually have hard time chirping 2nd gear. haha! J/K, well hell, this is a Buick website. Bash away. Pay the ticket and fly under the radar from now on.

camaro/trans am same thing...so are you saying your car has hard time chirping tire then? :)

This is straight from Hoosier's web site.

NOT FOR HIGHWAY USE: All Hoosier Racing Tires including DOT labeled Hoosier Racing Tires are designed for racing purposes only on specified racing surfaces and are not to be operated on public roadways. DOT labeled Hoosier Racing Tires meet Department Of Transportation requirements for marking and performance only and are NOT INTENDED FOR HIGHWAY USE. It is unsafe to operate any Hoosier Racing Tire including DOT tires on public roads. The prohibited use of Hoosier Racing Tires on public roadways may result in loss of traction, unexpected loss of vehicle control, or sudden loss of tire pressure, resulting in a vehicle crash and possible injury or death.

camaro/trans am same thing...so are you saying your car has hard time chirping tire then? :)

I dont think any Camaro came stock with a 3.8 Turbo v6, so then "no" not the same thing in this case. The cop did mess up though, If I was the cop, I would have made the kid pop his hood and Im pretty sure you can find some other infractions as I doubt this kid has the rest of his car completely stock. But I know if it was me, and he was being a prick. I would have probably cause (judging by his modified high performance tires) to look under his hood. So then yes, I guess the kid got off luckly. He could have had other possible tickets in which he would have been wrong.

But dont forget, cops are men just like the rest of us. And how many times have you guys been on this board and had a disagreement about a subject with someone else? (Just like this subject) Or how many times have you disagreed with someone else period? And after the end of the arguement, did either of you change your mind? So why would you expect the cop to change his mind? Either way they both thought they were right and thats wy we have judges to have a third point of view basically, introduce someone who is not emotionally involved in the debate.

wow what a bull**** ticket, here in new york if i back talked an officer the way i do best i would be in hand cuffs like i have been before:eek:. Wish my tickets were dropped as easy as that was

oh yeah i got a ticket for tints when i have none....

THE SAME THING happened to me as what is on this video with MT drag radials.

I ended up having to pay 20 dollars to get the ticket signed off on top of another 352 that I posted for bail because I requested trial by written declaration. The cop used the tires as an excuse to give me more bs tickets for out of state license and plate.

I won my case and got my money back minus 20 dollars.

I wasted TIME, MONEY, and AGGRAVATION on this BS traffic stop and I'm glad someone finally caught this idiocy on tape.

I wish I had known the law better at the time (I would have had the cop measure the depth if I did) but in CA the rule is 1/16th of an inch of tread which I had.

Whether or not you think a DR is safe is your problem, not mine. I have no problem driving around in the rain with them and if conditions are outside of what is safe with my car I don't drive. This is what people do with any car. If you are such a crappy driver that any light sprinkle has you spinning out maybe you shouldn't be driving period.

Furthermore, cops are not in that guy's chain of command. Show me a law that says we need to be wholly obsequent to law enforcement and then I'll agree that the guy shouldn't have questioned the cop.

I think video taping the whole thing was an EXCELLENT idea. If you think otherwise then you're only defending the police trampling citizens rights.

Hey Mr. 104 posts/ joined last month. A 89 turbo trans am is a whole different animal than a 89 TPI Iroc. Trust me, I've been shaming those slow rides for 20 years. hahaha. Read some 5hit newbie!

my 1stgn like i said your thinking is asinine, i should expect to get pulled over because my car is modded, no idiots that drive like you not paying attention when they decide to screw off are the ones that get pulled over in a modded car.

Status
Not open for further replies.