Coolingmist/Devil's Own h2o/meth

I hate to say it but you and everyone else here ranting and raving about DO, coolingmist and the rest. SMC & ALKYCONTROL " HAVE HAD THEM INSTALLED IN TR's AND " HAS HAD RESULTS" " RESULTS" IS THE KEY WORD HERE!! :rolleyes:

My god! all iv'e been seeing is these other vendors trying to get into the turbo buick market but "THEY ARE YET TO HAVE IT INSTALLED ON A TR AND SHOW RESULTS!!!!" How long can they come here and pound on there chests like apes and expect us to jump over to there damn product when they have NO RESULTS on a TR??? " ARE THEY THAT NAIVE??"

Alkycontrols product is what it is! PERIOD!
* Vehicle specific
* Proven results using a TR
* Unpresidented support
NUFF SAID!!
Look on some of there websites, They seem like they don't want to post videos of there products on customers cars and there performance for some reason!! It's all graphs, data, and other mickey mouse examples. BIG DEAL! SHOW US SOME REAL RESULTS ON A TR AND "MAYBE" WE WOULD LOOK AT THEM IN A DIFFERENT LIGHT..

UNTILL THEN THEY SHOULD STOP COMING HERE POUNDING ON THERE CHESTS AND GO FIND SOMEONE WITH A TR AND INSTALL A KIT AND START WITH THE PROVING GROUND. THEY HAVE "ALOT" OF CATCHING UP TO DO!!!!!

I never started ranting about DO or anyone else for that matter. I have used SMC AND Alkycontrol with successful results. But along with other products (not just alcohol injection), if someone on this site talks about a non-supporting vendors item, the non-supporting vendor gets bashed. If you don't see this then you're flat out dillusional.

Here's another idea. If you want graphs, data, and real world results, then thats fine. Then how bout you bash them AFTER the fact. Bashing them before results will truly get you nowhere.

I'm not going to get in a ranting argument, as I have held this opinion for quite a while now and have finally gotten sick of it to actually say something. Julio is best at his product and his knowledge. But that doesn't give any right for anyone to shoot any other products down.

Well I am not from "Missouri" BUT why doesn't someone GO with another kit and "SHOW ME" :p Yes other kits come in here and do there flapping.. GET a damm car and SHOW US !!! Nope it's not rocket science SO JUST DO IT !!! GIVE ANOTHER KIT A WHIRL :eek:

Hey, I am from Missouri :D ... I have Julios kit installed and it just works. If another vendor would like to send me a kit to compare I will install it and show the results in public at Bowling Green. Any takers?

Bryan

Hey, I am from Missouri :D ... I have Julios kit installed and it just works. If another vendor would like to send me a kit to compare I will install it and show the results in public at Bowling Green. Any takers?

Bryan

that sounds like a great offer. I'd like to see that as well!! Why don't D/O or coolingmist jump on something like this. We may all be set in our ways abit, but its hard to ignore the results we get with razors kit, or smc's kit. Thanks for stepping up PHONEGUY.

Bryan
I will testing this myself. My car went 10.70's with a D/O kit and now I have an Alky COntrol kit and I will see if there is any difference. I really can't see where there will be any difference with the same boost levels and same set up. My car ran its best with at 11.1 AFR last year with zero detonation and 25 psi of boost. If everything is the same what could make the difference? To me its the same as if you car is running the stock ECM and is tuned perfectly and then you switch over to XFI set up you are not going to pick up any performance because your tune was already right on. There's no doubt that overall the XFI set up is superior, but if your tune is right then it is right regardless. I see this the same. The Alky Control set up is a known qaunity on turbo Buicks so its an easy upgrade--buy and install the kit and purchase a TT Alky chip and you are ready to go. I think the other kits can spray alky into your intake track which is what they are designed to do but there is not as much expereince out there with them so some tuning may be required. Those that keep screaming about results and wanting vids--what about this scenario--I can produce vids of turbo Buicks running 8's,9's and 10's with journal bearing turbos--does that automatically mean that ball bearing turbos don't work or are no good? Of course not. its just another route. You can look at any other ave. of going fast the same way. I prefer FM's but many like SLIC's and both have gone fast. If I come up with tons of videos of cars going fast with FM's that still doesn't mean that a car with a SLIC can't go fast and maybe even faster.

Here's another idea. If you want graphs, data, and real world results, then thats fine. Then how bout you bash them AFTER the fact. Bashing them before results will truly get you nowhere.
Hey Scott! I guess it could work both ways here! Here's the other idea. Graphs, data and NO real world results is fine. But those other vendors come here and SAY what there product will /can do! Talking about what there kits WILL / CAN do before REAL RESULTS will also get them truly nowhere!! :smile:

I don't belive other members here have a problem with DO,coolingmist or any other new vendor coming here with a alky kit. But from a company stand point. If I was wanting to get into a certian auto market I sure as hell would not enter a website with just Graphs, data to try and convince those members to go with my kit over the more popular kit that has been serving those members for years with great! results " WITHOUT HAVING REAL RESULTS WITH MY KIT ON THAT CERTIAN CAR TO SHOW THEM!!"

It's kinda like jumping in the middle of 20 gang members and saying you can beat the piss out of all of them! Your going to need results!! :biggrin: You can't just jump in and convince them you can do it.......

Other Kits:
* Will they work = Not the point!
* Will they have the same results = Not the point!
* Cheaper / more expensive = Not the point!
* Graphs / Data = Not the point!

* Real Results (Video) of it used on a TR = THE POINT!! ;)

Hey Scot w., here is a vid of my car running a 10.83 with a D/O kit. My car is the one with the GNX style wheels on the front and rear which comes up about 6 minutes into the video and then agian later running a 10.87. Both were with 60's in the 1.7's, my car had 100% stock susp. then and was on DR's.

http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/general-turbo-buick-tech/240805-fall-midwest-shootout-video.html
Nice Video and nice car too!
Well you would be the first one to actually show some real results. And when it boils down to it that is what people really want to see.

I will testing this myself. My car went 10.70's with a D/O kit and now I have an Alky COntrol kit and I will see if there is any difference. I really can't see where there will be any difference with the same boost levels and same set up. My car ran its best with at 11.1 AFR last year with zero detonation and 25 psi of boost. If everything is the same what could make the difference? To me its the same as if you car is running the stock ECM and is tuned perfectly and then you switch over to XFI set up you are not going to pick up any performance because your tune was already right on. There's no doubt that overall the XFI set up is superior, but if your tune is right then it is right regardless. I see this the same. The Alky Control set up is a known qaunity on turbo Buicks so its an easy upgrade--buy and install the kit and purchase a TT Alky chip and you are ready to go. I think the other kits can spray alky into your intake track which is what they are designed to do but there is not as much expereince out there with them so some tuning may be required. Those that keep screaming about results and wanting vids--what about this scenario--I can produce vids of turbo Buicks running 8's,9's and 10's with journal bearing turbos--does that automatically mean that ball bearing turbos don't work or are no good? Of course not. its just another route. You can look at any other ave. of going fast the same way. I prefer FM's but many like SLIC's and both have gone fast. If I come up with tons of videos of cars going fast with FM's that still doesn't mean that a car with a SLIC can't go fast and maybe even faster.

Steve, may I ask why you took off the DO kit ? Any pics of the install ?

Bryan

Steve, may I ask why you took off the DO kit ? Any pics of the install ?

Bryan

Sure you can. I sold it to convert my car over to straight E85 but I changed jobs and my new job required me to travel to go to training quit a bit during the winter so I didn't have time to make the switch to E85. Since I didn't have time to convert I will be running pump gas/alky again this year. Below is a pic of my engine compartment with the D/O kit installed. There's not much to see because I mounted the pump to the bumper bracket under the battery and so all that is visible is the nozzles(I ran two M10's) and the overflow tank which I used as the alky tank(I bought a new one from GM for $17) The controller was very small and I simply mounted it with a piece of velcro to the side of the radio pod area facing the drivers knees and ran the wires into the area under the steering column were the factory fuse box is. The system was completely trouble free for two years and I was able to get it into the 10's on the first trip to the track, but to be fair I did have to play with the tuning alittle to get the best out of it.

Attachments

• we4 004.jpg
    we4 004.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 215
It's kinda like jumping in the middle of 20 gang members and saying you can beat the piss out of all of them! Your going to need results!! :biggrin: You can't just jump in and convince them you can do it.......

Well if I took them on one at a time.......:wink:

steve,what do you tune with and what is your combo?i see the 60ft was 1.7 but what was the 330 and 1/8 like?

steve,what do you tune with and what is your combo?i see the 60ft was 1.7 but what was the 330 and 1/8 like?

I used a Turbo Tweak chip. The reason my 60's were so poor was because my susp. was 100% stock both front and rear at that time. It still had the stock front sway bar, stock springs, and stock control arms with rubber bushings so the susp. reaction was pretty unpredictable. It had plenty of potential just not enough susp. to use the potential. I cut a 1.49 60' once on 275/60 DR's with it on a 7 psi foot brake (it has a stageright transbrake but I have not used it yet)launch once but with all the stock parts some runs it would hook and others it would just blow the drag radials off. On that video I posted my car comes up again later in the vid and runs a 10.87 @ 126 and you can see that it spins hard enough to get some smoke during the 60'. It was a harder launch to try to improve the 60' but it spun and cut a high 1.7. Slicks of course would fix this problem but my local track seperates cars by d.o.t. tires and slicks and the cars with slicks run the 1000ft and d.o.t. cars run the full qaurter(the reason is that they consider cars with slicks to be race cars and the track has limited slow down area so they shut them down early) so I always run it on DR's. I planned to upgrade the susp. components but ran out of time last year so I ran it as it was. This year it will be cutting consistant low 1.5's and high 1.4's like my other car and times should be in the 10.40's and 10.50's. Below is a link to a vid that has my car running a nitrous C5 Vette( it shows a burnout of my car early but the race is about 3:00 minutes) at the track and it smokes the tires in the 60', I got a little excited!:redface:

YouTube - More Midnight Drags

I will testing this myself. My car went 10.70's with a D/O kit and now I have an Alky COntrol kit and I will see if there is any difference. I really can't see where there will be any difference with the same boost levels and same set up. My car ran its best with at 11.1 AFR last year with zero detonation and 25 psi of boost.

The call for results has been answered, but something tells me the bashing won’t stop.

steve,i was wondering what the combo was also,did you use a wideband?datalogger?fast?scanmaster?very interesting about how your track separates the tires:(

When it went 10.76 @ 126 it had a 6776s turbo(non BB), PTE FM, 60 pound injectors, ATR 3" dp, ported stock heads with stock valves, 208/208 Full Throttle cam(flat tappet), stock unported intake, stock TB, stock MAF, Vigilante 3400 multi disc converter, well built 200R4, D/O alky setup, and all of the small supporting mods(AFPR, cold air, etc). I tuned it using Direct Scan and the adjustments in the TT chip. I have added some items since then and it should be faster this year. Our local track has a limited slow down area and its pretty short for my car at 126 mph! I live in a somewhat mountianous area and there is a ravine in the woods at the end of the track so there no room to expand the track or room for error!!:eek:

ive said this several times, i use all 3 kits, and like em all

If you know what your doing and know how to tune your car, They all will work fine..

It comes down to price, preference and customer service...

and the dealings i have had with SMC, ALky Control and Devils Own, have all been perfect all of them stand behind and support there product..
:smile:

I have nothing bad to say about AlkyControl at ALL!!...I love their kits for a bunch of reasons....but one thing is for sure....every kit we have EVER installed here at the shop has been in PERFECT working order with no hitches what-so-ever in the install and tuning...i CANNOT say the same for ANY other brand of kit and have installed kits from:

Devils Own
Aquamist
Coolingmist
Snow Performance
AEM
..and even a few DIY kits(which usually turn out better than the big names)

....none have stood up and tuned out better than the kits we get from AlkyControl.com and we no longer buy kits from anyone else...even though the other kits DO work....for ease of install...ease of use..customer service....and saftey...i will stay with Julio...just MY Opinion.

-Jack