Coolingmist/Devil's Own h2o/meth

This thread could have been 2 replies..... instead of 4 pages.....:frown:

NO WAY!!!!! It's winter !!! What else would snowbirds do all winter :confused: :p

Only thing I can add is that I don't understand why other "Alky" company's don't have Buicks using their systems .. GIVE a kit or 2 to some guys and see how they like/dislike it ... See how the support is and so on :confused: Use it on the street AND RACETRACK !!! Maybe it would stop threads like this every week :redface:
Ok ..back to work on the Mazdah :eek:

NO WAY!!!!! It's winter !!! What else would snowbirds do all winter :confused: :p

LOL... uhhh work on the Mazda. Just think you could have been done by now;)

I think Coolingmist should give Grumpy a kit for his Mazda, that way we all can get unbiased review.:biggrin:

LOL... uhhh work on the Mazda. Just think you could have been done by now;)

I think Coolingmist should give Grumpy a kit for his Mazda, that way we all can get unbiased review.:biggrin:

Give me a break will ya !!! I have only had the car for coming up on 2 years :rolleyes: Driven it maybe a 100 miles and then started "improvements" :rolleyes: What a $$$$ and time pit !! :eek:
OMG could you see me with another kit ??? Seriously "they" should get a kit or to out there in Buick land . NO not me !! You know how old people are !!?? Grumpy and Stubborn AND NEVER TRY ANYTHING NEW:p

Only thing I can add is that I don't understand why other "Alky" company's don't have Buicks using their systems .. GIVE a kit or 2 to some guys and see how they like/dislike it ... See how the support is and so on :confused: Use it on the street AND RACETRACK !!! Maybe it would stop threads like this every week :redface:
Ok ..back to work on the Mazdah :eek:

Grumpy I already posted this suggestion and there was no reply, so I guess it will be just talk !!! :rolleyes:

[Here is what I posted]..

David..

David Iv'e got an idea! maybe you should donate one of your kits to a random buick customer here? (Not a special singled out person) One actually from random!. Then he can give proper feedback on the ease of the install, how easy it is to tune it, How well it does using 100% methanol, How fast he ends up going with it!!

I'm out! seeing i'm already in the mid 10's on my stock block, stock crank, stock rods, stock intake buick. :biggrin:

I know this is OT (again)... but BSD Linux..... I love that white solid roof T with the blackout trim.... that thing is sweet.

well I did get an offer to try "another" kit.. Sounds very good BUT (always a BUT) it didn't seem as "simple" as the one I have. It had a LOT of features that I didn't think I would use and with these features a price increase would go with it . I don't know what people will pay. How much is Cooling Mist's "loaded" kit ??? To me the best advertising and easiest is "show me" . If someone has your system and he is running 13s not many people are goin to even look at their car. Have the car run in the high 10s low 11s ya have their attention and they start "thinking":eek: Just a little "imput" from an old stubborn bastard :p

A Turbotweak chip would have fixed your problems with the stock code :cool:

As far as best system.. depends on goals. I would say the FAST XFI is better for racing. For a street car, the GenII is nice. Some would argue that Motec would be the best.. its a $$$ thing.

with the *stock* code? I'd like to see how they did that. I've been burning chips since '98 and don't see how that is possible. Stock code meaning no new tables no table mods no table extensions, 255 limit...

I just looked at the turbotweak website and I don't see a chip for sale there that uses stock code. Version 5.6 is clearly modified code.
Or did I misunderstand you? Did you mean the fix would be to get rid of the stock code via a turbotweak chip? In that case, probably. Just like my GenII and extender fixed the problem. Or maybe an alcohol system with more than just a boost reference could fix the problem. Lots of ways to skin a cat. The one advantage to me doing my own chips utilizing stock code is that they were free. Beyond that, the buick aftermarket chip guys really have nice stuff nowadays. My point about stock code was mostly in reference to cars that do not enjoy this kind of aftermarket support.. or people that just want to dabble with TR stock code anyway.
and as far as best system... to clarify, for street/strip turbo buicks, a closed loop WOT (wideband feedback) system with no practical upper airflow limit is imho probably the best system all things considered. MAFTpro, maf gen II+ extender chips etc fit this bill and probably a few others as well.

Both kits seem to work. But the question is how many 9 second pump gas/alky Turbo Buick cars run Razors kit? Seems like quite a few.

If a man can make it a man can break it but Julio's kits seems to be the standard on proven 9 second Turbo Buick pump gas/alky cars. I'm sure many kits will work but all turbos spool and that dosent mean I would just by a turbo cause it spools.

ALkycontrol.com is not the only game in town but if it was there would still be a lot of happy customers.

Both kits seem to work. But the question is how many 9 second pump gas/alky Turbo Buick cars run Razors kit? Seems like quite a few.

If a man can make it a man can break it but Julio's kits seems to be the standard on proven 9 second Turbo Buick pump gas/alky cars. I'm sure many kits will work but all turbos spool and that dosent mean I would just by a turbo cause it spools.

ALkycontrol.com is not the only game in town but if it was there would still be a lot of happy customers.

good post...

What about SMC? As far as I know he was one of (if not) the originals? I just installed one on my car and it is putting down the same horsepower with 93 and 50/50 Denatured/ Water as the car did with C-16. It is also running the same amount of boost on both. I can't wait to get it back on the track and see if I can repeat similar times. :D Guess I will find out soon enough. :cool:

Im laughing reading this stuff... every now and then someone comes on here talking about who's better what's going to net me 400hp etc and people jam one brand down there throat and if they don't like it then they get outed basically too funny

anyways my contribution to this thread goes as... I've have previously owned an alkycontrol kit a while back... worked great but ended up selling it in a pinch to afford some other toys.. later on purchased a devilsown kit.

Aside from alkycontrol's braided lines, using nothing but striaght meth, both kits worked great and I saw no real advantage or disadvantage between the two performance wise in my data logs and runs.. then again im not at the 9 second level just a street car street race caliber guy.

my suggestion would be to do your own reseach on each brand and what each one has to offer you.. I don't know about the others but devilsown has there own forum with tons of info which might help you in some way shape or form

What about SMC? As far as I know he was one of (if not) the originals? I just installed one on my car and it is putting down the same horsepower with 93 and 50/50 Denatured/ Water as the car did with C-16. It is also running the same amount of boost on both. I can't wait to get it back on the track and see if I can repeat similar times. :D Guess I will find out soon enough. :cool:

The SMC Progressive is a nice kit. Steve is a great guy who has been around a Long Time! Has helped me many times without charging $$ for stuff. I offered but he wouldnt take it.
Anyways, I think they all work & its just who you prefer to spend your $$$ with if your too lazy (like me) to make your own! :)

Doesn't feel like winter here, lol. 65*'s today, it was awsome! Got to open the garage up for a little while and let the ol' TR breathe a lil bit.

Doesn't feel like winter here, lol. 65*'s today, it was awsome! Got to open the garage up for a little while and let the ol' TR breathe a lil bit.

Oh so you already got an alky kit ??? let us know how it goes :biggrin:

let’s look at the flip side of your argument. If a new vendor wanted to break into the market, look at the replies in this thread and tell me why a new vendor would want to try.

The OP didn’t even ask about alkycontrol. I am sure there is enough alkycontrol “reading” in this forum for a long time. But sure enough, if a person asks about another kit, the group speaks, and alkycontrol gets another, because his kit is “the best”, even though I doubt that most of the posters here have tried another brand, let alone most of the other makers, SMC, DO, Aquamist,CoolingMist, and all the other lesser known kit makers. I know for certain that Devil’s Own wants in on this market, but it seems that some are so set in their ways that all they can say is alkycontrol.

Hate to say it as a fellow buick member for many years now, but you do have a point. It's like this in every post I read. You better be a supported vendor otherwise everyone will jump you in a heartbeat. I'm just getting sick of it. Is everyone that naive?:confused:

Hate to say it as a fellow buick member for many years now, but you do have a point. It's like this in every post I read. You better be a supported vendor otherwise everyone will jump you in a heartbeat. I'm just getting sick of it. Is everyone that naive?:confused:
I hate to say it but you and everyone else here ranting and raving about DO, coolingmist and the rest. SMC & ALKYCONTROL " HAVE HAD THEM INSTALLED IN TR's AND " HAS HAD RESULTS" " RESULTS" IS THE KEY WORD HERE!! :rolleyes:

My god! all iv'e been seeing is these other vendors trying to get into the turbo buick market but "THEY ARE YET TO HAVE IT INSTALLED ON A TR AND SHOW RESULTS!!!!" How long can they come here and pound on there chests like apes and expect us to jump over to there damn product when they have NO RESULTS on a TR??? " ARE THEY THAT NAIVE??"

Alkycontrols product is what it is! PERIOD!
* Vehicle specific
* Proven results using a TR
* Unpresidented support
NUFF SAID!!
Look on some of there websites, They seem like they don't want to post videos of there products on customers cars and there performance for some reason!! It's all graphs, data, and other mickey mouse examples. BIG DEAL! SHOW US SOME REAL RESULTS ON A TR AND "MAYBE" WE WOULD LOOK AT THEM IN A DIFFERENT LIGHT..

UNTILL THEN THEY SHOULD STOP COMING HERE POUNDING ON THERE CHESTS AND GO FIND SOMEONE WITH A TR AND INSTALL A KIT AND START WITH THE PROVING GROUND. THEY HAVE "ALOT" OF CATCHING UP TO DO!!!!!

I had a reply about results but nevermind, its a waste of time to post about this any further here.

Hey I know, Coolingmist can give me a big big big discount on a kit, I'm ready to buy one anyway, I'll go get some times at the track before install, then I'll install it, complete with pictures (especially of whatever knuckles I scuff doing it, complete with snoopy band-aids), then I'll replace my TT 91 chip with an alky TT chip, and go back to the track.

Then I'll post my results :) unbiased! because if it pisses me off, being the grumpy redneck I am, I'll be sure to share my findings.

:D