Cooling system

jeromeleti

I live in the hot and humid state of Florida where temps can climb to about 100+. Can anyone tell me what would be the most efficient kind of radiator (Be Cool?) and fan (single or dual) for a car with AC and a Cotton front mount IC?

What would be the best hands down (money not an issue)?

What would be the best for the money?

Also, what is the safe operating temperature range with AC on?

Thank you:confused:

A good stock radiator that is clean and free of corrosion along with some dual fans will be your best bet. That being said a FMIC will always cause heating issues in a hot climate and a street car.

I ditched my FMIC after fighting the cooling problems for a while.

I can idle in traffic with A/C on in 100+ temps here in Lafayette and not get above 190.

I'm just glad to know there are other turbo regals in NW Florida... I thought me and my friend were the only ones :cool:

I've only seen one owner besides me in the FWB/Mary Esther area! I may take a trip to Panama City to check you all out!

Whats up Im here at Eglin AFB/South Miss and run a 87 307 v8 regal radiator(alum core plastic tank) in my GN not using a/c, no oil cooler in teh radiator, trans cooler through aux first then radiator, RMI25 and distilled h20, new h20 pump, 160 tstat, jegs dual fans and a FMIC.

http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/how-tos/292741-partial-how-jegs-dual-cooling-fans-work.html

Did a test on my car sittin in gear in the yard (in the sun) idling @ 100 in the afternoon on a very hot/humid day a few weeks back. And after 45ish minutes sitting still just idling the temp was at 184 degrees.
Temp feel almost instantly when the motor was revved slightly.
The car averages high 160's while on the highway in the day due 70-75 and will cycle the fans/tstat at night. WOT racing the car at night back to back temps averages 178-180 when I lift.

A/C will add more heat, in the past it typically added 10-15 degrees to my car with my stock radiator.

Remember these cars had 195 tstats stock for emissions.

Thats the long way around it. You asked money no object..........
Get a becool and dual spal fans, Caspers harness make sure you H2o pump and tstat are good, rmi25 /distilled H2o and rock on

Dont get the gbody fans in a DD as the fan motors will not last. I went through 2 sets in 5 years

Thanks, would that be the third gen F-body? Has anyone tried the 4th gen that you know of?

Yep I got mine from a 92 IROC at Autozone :tongue: $90 and dropped right in.

Make sure to eliminate the oil cooler all together and then run a separate external trans cooler.

Thanks guys! You've all been a big help! I'm probably going to go with spall fans and F-body radiator.

I've only seen one owner besides me in the FWB/Mary Esther area! I may take a trip to Panama City to check you all out!

That would be cool. My car is down for about a week now since I broke a bolt. Since I got that out, I'm waiting on my new pushrods and valve springs to come in. I didn't see the point in putting it back together until I got all my parts in and changed them out. My buddy has one and we're waiting on his new rigs to come in then we're putting his motor together and going to a cruise somewhere. You should come with us. There's two guys in Freeport also, one has a T-type and another has a TTA they are planning on coming too.

i am on 4 years with my ramchargers fans and no problems, and i just got another set for my 89 s10 blazer.

ArizonaGN

Nick is a supporting vendor & his radiator works in Arizona.

I spoke with him on the phone & he was more than helpful. I had considered aluminum, however,they are expensive & I've not seen over 175* with dual fans.

I was just at my dads in fla and my car did great with AC running, I have the f-body rad and Derale 4000 cfm fans these fans are crazy powerful sound like a jet plain taking off. i didn’t have my rad boxed in and with my FMIC it could still hold a dish towel to the grill.