Cooler fittings

Black Box

Out cruisin'.
What is the size of the fittings in the trans case, and does anyone sell them that will adapt them to a 6AN fitting? I'm trying to run stainless braided line to my new tranny cooler but want to make sure I get the right fittings.

Thanks
Steve

Should be 1/4in pipe thread to -6 fitting. You should be able to get the fitting anywhere that has anodized fittings.(Summit,etc)
Brian

Another Question

I'm about to do the same thing. I've found all the pieces needed in the Summit catalog-hose, ends, & AN to pipe thread adapters.

My question is about putting the hose and hose ends together. How are they put together? Are there any special tools needed?

Thanks

Here is a link

http://www.aeroquip.com/media/catalog/Jc125c38.pdf.

a few tips that will make it easier:
1. use gloves {like mechanix type gloves}. Frayed braided hose poking you in the hands sucks.

2. when cutting braided hose; before you cut it wrap a strip of grey duct tape once around the hose, cut it to size using a cut off wheel on a die grinder, chop saw or a hack saw using the sharpest blade you have. Leave the tape where its at and slide the threaded female side of the AN fitting over the taped hose end.

Thanks for the tips. I've lost enough blood while finding things out the hard way.:)