Cool sleeper Chevelle with a twin turbo LSx motor.

A customer of mine bought there first Camaro test mule car and had them build a motor for it. Its a twin turbo LSX motor and runs 8.60s all day long and can be driven anywhere. Its amazing what those guys are doing with those LSX motors.

Attachments

• greg edwards 1.jpg
    greg edwards 1.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 1,392
Love it....

...especially the old toolbox/ battery box....

one day if i have "EXTRA" cash i wanna build a sleeper similar to that...:biggrin:

My sister had a Chevelle that looked just like that but in brown. That's quiet and fast! My sister's wasn't......

Man that thing is the ultimate sleeper. Nice and quiet and then BAM IN YOUR FACE!!!! Nice car man. A true testament to what a good imagination can get you

Holy freaking moly!

That is so cool......

slap a couple billet BB 62's on there along with some alky.......:biggrin: it would go 9.0's @ 150..... on pump gas.... and alky....

This thing rocks.

Here is the writeup off their website...

1970 Chevelle / Twin Turbo LS1

This car was built to be a comfortable reliable driver that was relatively quick while remaining stock appearing and sounding.

We started out with a 6 liter LQ9 engine and installed an LS6 cam, dual valvesprings and an Edelbrock pro-flow XT intake manifold. The engine is paired to an FLT Level 4 4l65E transmission. The rearend is the original 8.2 10-bolt with a 3.31 gear and factory limited slip differential.

Wheels are 15×8 steel with hubcaps and MT drag radials with white stripe.

From there the stock truck exhaust manifolds were flipped and modified to mate with two original Buick Grand National turbochargers. The turbochargers produce 9psi boost and the intake charge is cooled by a custom air/water intercooler fabricated with a Garrett core. The result is 567 horsepower and 570 torque measured at the rear tires.

This car has ran a best 1/4 mile ET of 11.08 and a best MPH of 124.5. It has working A/C, gets excellent gas mileage and has been a reliable driver for the past 4k miles since completion.