convertingto e85 and need help with parts

I know subject has been debated - beat to death on this and many other forums - but hasn't it been determined that E85 WILL NOT ruin your factory fuel and/or return lines??? Seems all the older posts back in 2007-2008 indicate that E85 will corrode the factory lines .. but many, many recent posts indicate that was just speculation and that the factory lines run just fine. Seems to always go back and forth. For the record, I plan on running it through the factory lines and see for myself.

I know subject has been debated - beat to death on this and many other forums - but hasn't it been determined that E85 WILL NOT ruin your factory fuel and/or return lines??? Seems all the older posts back in 2007-2008 indicate that E85 will corrode the factory lines .. but many, many recent posts indicate that was just speculation and that the factory lines run just fine. Seems to always go back and forth. For the record, I plan on running it through the factory lines and see for myself.

In my TTA since 2004 ... I am yet to see any signs of anything out of the norm.. I do replace the fuel filter every season as PM... Although I have to admit last year I did not .. we'll see what shape its in when I cut it open in spring.

I have had to replace one rubber line on a GN that started to leak.. but in all honesty the line was dry at the start of the conversion but at the time it was understood that the whole fuel system would be done if the line was an issue.

So far NEVER seen an issue with the factory lines and E85.. or with the socks.. or with filters "Falling Apart" ...
What needs to be brought up is that I have seen socks fall apart with 91 octane.. I have also seen lines fall apart with 91 octane .. so is it possible that some of the reported "E85" issues
were there even prior ??

I also NEVER run a mix of 91 & E85 .. try to keep it pure with either ..

Methanol is a different animal.. it is corrosive and does attack parts.. even with additives it still will show signs pretty quick.

My suggestion is to observe other people that use the fuel .. talk to them .. look at their cars.. the conversion isn't expensive for what you get. i have yet to find someone that has converted over that wasn't thrilled with the results.

Running E85 in the Summer months and the last fall my return line where it enters the engine bay from the frame sprung a leak. Took it in to get replaced with teflon lined braided hose. Will swap to a teflon braided hose soon for feed/return.

'Beat to death' is an understatement and this subject always stirs controversy. Lol. I can only speak to my real world experience in about 5 or 6 years of using Ethanol blended fuels. E85 is not available in my State so perhaps that does not qualify me to speak about E85 specifically, however, I have been running a blend of E100 and 92 for years without any issue whatsoever. No special lines, filters, or anything. My 2 year old Walbro was recently changed to a DeatschWerks pump (nothing was wrong with the Walbro far as I could tell) and the lines, sock and condition of inside the tank, were all good. The Delco fuel filter was also changed but I didn't cut it open to look inside this time but last time it looked good as new as well.

No doubt, some have reported serious issues with using Ethanol blended fuels and are quick to blame the Ethanol for their problems. Can't blame them. All they see when they go to the pump is the word "Ethanol". No where do they see listed any of the other crap that has been added to the fuel. Various additive packages are added to the fuel and it differs from company to company. This is a fact based on research I have done. I believe this is the variable people should be looking closer at if they have in fact had problems with an Ethanol blended fuel. Does anybody know of 2 or more people using E85 from the same pump with 1 out of the bunch reporting problems? Now that would lead to a very interesting discussion. Lol.

E85 works but with some awareness & prep just in case, the sad fact is the lack of availability! There should not be any major city / county regions let alone states without this government promoted fuel for the citizens!!!
Those who would like to try it but can't get it should write or contact your local senator, congressman/ representative to ask why.
Also follow up with contact to your largest fuel suppliers / stations to propose they offer in your area.
We can't enjoy the benefits if we can't buy it!!!!

ok got 80s inj , volt booster, dw pump new wb and e85 chip on the way anything else I need to do for the swap I know I have to clean out the tank. do I need to raise the fp?

ok got 80s inj , volt booster, dw pump new wb and e85 chip on the way anything else I need to do for the swap I know I have to clean out the tank. do I need to raise the fp?

Start with the standard base 43-45 psi ... if you got a TT chip you should be all set ... Enjoy the setup and give us some feedback on what your results are and if you think the conversion was worthwhile ... hopefully this information may let others know what they're missing out on :)

ohh yeah.. put a new fuel filter on it :)

If you want to fully support the 120's 100%, you would need the twin walbro 255's (aka 340) with a volt booster. About 800lb/hr.

Or twin DW300's without a volt boost. A bit over 800lb/hr.

Definitely avoid the aeromotive stealth pumps. Not E85 friendly.

I'm running twin DW300's with a volt boost myself.

Does the volt booster help you out that much?

Does the volt booster help you out that much?

IT does help.. but typically it also masks fundamental wiring issues that should be addressed prior to even thinking about a pump upgrade or adding a volt booster

The DW pumps love voltage :)

Just completed my E85 conversion. Thank you to Turbo89 and Eric from Turbotweak for their advice. Using 80lb injectors with Eric's E85 chip. Running on stock fuel lines. Changed the fuel filter. I did not run into the return line / fuel pressure / idle issues others have mentioned so I am thankful for that. Cut to the chase .. WHOA!!!!! What a difference!! Even before adjusting boost, my car spooled quicker and definitely had more power. Will work on the tune to get what I can out of it, but to be honest, I am quite happy at where it is running now at 18lbs boost. It's really is like a different car. Thank you everyone for your advice and guidance. Have a great holiday!!